joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

what a poorly coached team -  when you have a situation where a blitz is obvious and the receivers don't know how to use it to their advantage , it's all on the coach.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Yes but crowder could help him out and catch the pass... how about gase helps his 22 year old QB by watching the play clock... he can call time out too 

Agreed, Crowder should have turned much quicker with that blitz coming - no feel for how to make the adjustment

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The pass was bad and Crowder was open. Darnold has to hit him. And yeah I agree someone has to take something off of Darnold’s plate because he’s swimming. Gase should’ve called the TO.

The pass was bad because Darnold had to hurry the throw - if crowder realized a blitz was happening he should have stopped quicker to be in position to grab that throw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Really just one level - the team is so bad that it would take 3-4 years of good drafts, including hitting on a QB, to fix it.  Is there another level I’m missing?

Seriously, what QB would you think is going to make a game of it with that OL?

Pick one, I'll wait 😧

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Its not just the OL. Darnold escaped a sack and threw a horrible pick. Darnold is not prepared and still making rookie decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He threw a pick that even a veteran QB will make - can't blame for running for his life and trying to make a play.  Yes, it was a mistake  , but the OL has take the most blame.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Maybe none, but it’s not the point.  Darnold does stupid things, consistently, and that’s on him, not this awful team.

Agreed that the team is awful, but Darnold can't be singled out when he is running for his life on every throw. He's developing happy feet. He's one nervous nelly out there.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Darnold is playing like a young, inexperienced QB who is playing behind an awful OL and has a clueless head coach.

That's a combination that can always be beaten

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I hope to God nobody tries to pin this performance on his toe. Aaron Rodgers beat the Cowboys in the 2014 playoffs basically on one leg. Great QBs get past these things. 

C'mon seriously, you can't compare a seasoned player  and  that team he was playing for with this? A dead possum carcass can throw for that team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Aaron won that game by himself. 

Funny, I recall there were 10 others nearby him?🤑

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company