joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

There’s not a GM out there who takes Darnold over Minchew right now.  Sad reality.

By this logic there is also not a GM out there that takes Bell over Fournette? 

Two different situations for two different quarterbacks. Dont waste your time comparing them. 

Talked to a Colts Pre-Game host this morning for about an hour, whos an ex Colt offensive lineman (played with Jonothan Harrison). 

Had some interesting insights. 

- He was convinced Darnold will be just fine and highly complimentary of him, even considering his bad games. 

- Thought Kalil was a huge mistake over Harrison (Could be because they are friends, but the way he talked about him sounded very unbiased). 

- Trashed Kelechi. He said from his point of view, it was sour grapes over getting benched, and as a "brother in the trenches", he very much disagreed with how Kelechi handled the situation and felt his agent was driving the narrative. 

- Thinks JD is the absolute right guy to correct the roster given time, and was with the Ravens for awhile while JD was there. 

- Suprisingly loves Adam Gase, pretty complimentary of him. Kind of surprised me coming from someone outside of the organization. 

Mind you, this is an opposing team's ex offensive lineman with no dog in the race and he seemed to have a good pulse on what was going on. Not saying he was right/wrong about any of his opinions but thought you guys may like to hear it. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

That's kind of the problem..people like Manning who have never had Gase coach them keep buying into his reputation and saying how good he is..

This guy never played with Gase. Not sure where/what/how he formed his opinion of him. 

His exact words were "I wouldn't rush to judgement on any team with an O-Line as bad as yours, so dont get too upset until it's fixed and the problems continue" 

This was in response to me saying how I felt Darnold was getting "Lucked" his first few seasons. 

Man... if anyone would have guessed Ryan Griffin leading our team in receiving TDs this past offseason, kudos to them. 

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Even though we're ruining him. He's still fun to watch.

Agreed. Probably the most fun I've had watching a Jets QB since Vinny honestly.

• Upvote 1

If we are keeping tabs on Darnolds INTs it's only fair to acknowledge we now lead the league in Sacks allowed. 

33 on the season. Almost averaging 5 a game. 

If that isnt the clearest indication of a bad O Line, theres no arguing with you. 

We are currently on pace to "David Carr" him out of the league. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company