joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bell missed the blitzer and RA doesn't fight for the ball.. Jesus Christ

And Darnold doesn’t throw it away, which is the correct play.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Seriously?  Wow.

There’s not a GM out there who takes Darnold over Minchew right now.  Sad reality.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

That’s just not true. And I’m down on Darnold.

In 2019 Sam Darnold has played one good half of football.  I don’t like that, but it’s objectively true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Hmm..  This is probably closer to reality than anyone wants to admit.  I'd take Darnold, and I'm sure a % of GM's as well but I wouldn't be surprised if as much of 3/4 of them would take Minshaw

Try the exercise with Minchew for a late round pick and Darnold for a 1st and 3 2nds.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, sure there isnt

Reality

Believe what you want.  Darnold has played 1 good half of football in 2019.  Just put the ball on the ground again.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JTJet said:

By this logic

Nope.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Believe what you want.  

Start with the nonsense that hes played one good half of football.  Thats beyond nonsense.  Games dont count were breaking down 338 yard games into halves to make our dumb arguent more sensible somehow. 

Your argument that he’s played one good game in 2019 doesn’t really strengthen your overall point as much as you want to.

Listen to your son, he understands.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes because Darnold has been super duper.

Yes.

Add me to the ignore list too as 5 turnovers last week and a stupid INT plus a fumble that luckily went out of bounds in the 1st half is concerning to me.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

Minshew is dicing this defense up like it's JV football team. 

And, also knows to throw the football away.

Just now, Paradis said:

For all the motherchunkin' draft capital we've spent on the interior, we generate zero pressure up the middle. 

Did Q. Williams even dress?

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

That's what teams say when they can't accept the fact that they're just not talented enough to win.

Yup.  We’ve been using this excuse for over a decade.

Just now, T0mShane said:

This is depressing on so many levels 

Really just one level - the team is so bad that it would take 3-4 years of good drafts, including hitting on a QB, to fix it.  Is there another level I’m missing?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SpartanJet said:

You put Minshew on this team the results would be similar.  The lack of talent is hard to overcome.

Game results, perhaps, but Minshew doesn’t throw yolo balls when under duress and can throw the football away.  The more you see Darnold, the more it’s clear you’re watching a good athlete try to play QB, not an actual QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Bomberjet said:

Seriously, what QB would you think is going to make a game of it with that OL?

Pick one, I'll wait 😧

Maybe none, but it’s not the point.  Darnold does stupid things, consistently, and that’s on him, not this awful team.

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This offense just can’t score....that’s our problem 

But, definitely no blame is on the QB for that.  He’s a franchise QB.

• Haha 1

Just now, Xtina said:

That happens when your brain gets scrambled by a QB whisperer 

Yeah, it’s not like he turned the ball over a ton in college, or, last year.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, bgivs21 said:

Youre dead wrong on blaming darnold for this sh*t show. Terrible coaching, terrible blocking. What do you want the QB to do?

Except, I’m not blaming Darnold for the result of the game, I’m blaming him for not being a good enough QB.  Good QBs and bad QB both lose games because teams matter.  But it’s not the teams fault that Darnold escaped pressure and then threw an insanely stupid pick rather than just throwing the ball away.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All QBs that have played for this team look like garbage this year.

The QBs that played for gase in miami all looked like garbage.

50% of the teams in this league are doing okay if not better with back  ups, 3rd stringers and jags.

Darnold may be having issues but the coaching and game plan  and play design this team has is the worst in the league by far.

That to go along with the worst oline in the league.

The team sucks.  I’m not expecting wins.  I’m expecting a “franchise QB” to look better than this - and more adept at the mental aspect of being a QB, which Minchew is running circles around him on.

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I agree But can we really compare their situations? 

Overall, no.  But the quality of your team isn’t the reason you do or don’t throw the ball away when a play is dead.  Understanding the QB position is.

Just now, bgivs21 said:

For everyone in this thread thats on Darnold, that last drive shows how very wrong you are. There is literally nothing he can do with that garbage protection NOTHING

And that last drive isn’t the reason anyone is down on Darnold.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If you watch this game and think Darnold is the issue, or even remotely close to the issue, you are crazy.  

Darnold can both be not the reason we’re losing this game, and not the answer at QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He's currently playing his 17th career game.  I think you would be the first to point out just how bad the Jets roster has been in those 17 games.  He's had plenty of instances of good play, plenty of poor play.  He's played under two awful coaches.

If you think you've seen enough to give up on him, more power to you.  That seems a bit ridiculous to me, but he certainly has not proven he doesn't a way to go.

Yes, the team is trash, but that doesn’t excuse the dumb stuff he does with the ball.

I wouldn’t necessarily draft a QB high next year, because there are so many needs, so we’re talking about opinions, not a plan, with regard to “giving up.”

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I completely agree.  He is too careless with the ball.  I truley believe part of that is he knows the only chance the Jets have to win games is if he makes plays all the time and he forces throws trying to make plays. If the entire weight of the offensive success wasn't centered on his ability to escape and make plays, I don't think he'd force as much.

I could be completely wrong about that 

If he wasn’t the same way in college, I might feel differently.

That's two straight absolute terrible calls on Adams.  Those who hate him will like in, but deep down they know those were both awful 

That's two straight absolute terrible calls on Adams.  Those who hate him will like in, but deep down they know those were both awful 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's two straight absolute terrible calls on Adams.  Those who hate him will pile on, but deep down they know those were both awful 

Are you certain?

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

For everyone in this thread thats on Darnold, that last drive shows how very wrong you are. There is literally nothing he can do with that garbage protection NOTHING

At this rate, Darnold is going to get sacked more than Falk did against Philly. The problem is the OL and coaching staff. Gase should be immediately fired after this game. 

I agree that if you ignore all the bad stuff, he’s pretty close to elite rn

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

It’s almost as if one good drive didn’t change anything.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Congrats.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Man, Darnold has no balls.  Kid just comes up short in every big moment.  This is my fear with him.  I think you can build around him but he just doesnt have the killer instinct.

Serious question... When Darnold has had the ball in his hands within one score in the 4th, has he ever delivered?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Blind homer-ism is a sad thing to behold.

This is why you can’t dig your heels in this hard.  Nowhere to go but further in the same direction.

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Buffalo last year, but other than that it's been ugly.

And he’s had quite a few chances, I think.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

7 interceptions. In 4 starts.

Brett Favre with an average arm.

• Upvote 1

seriously, you can’t possibly think you’re watching a competent QB here.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

We lost this game because 

a) minshew was ridiculous

b) couldn’t make some key 3rd down stops

c) our oline is easily the worst in the league and some college teams give sam more time. 

We’re better off when Darnold doesn’t have time to throw.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

He sucks. No arm.

Yup, arm isn’t good enough for this level.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company