joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Good move by Gase going for it there. I prefer the QB sneak in that spot though.

More mid field shots on 4th than any Jets team since Parcells 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

So Darnold is an elite QB again. Nice

In fairnes it wasnt too many who actually completely turned on tghe kid after 1 horrific game

And those that did dont exactly have a track record of smart QB evaluations.  A lot of I wanted Leinart or Patrick as our QB

Again trying to do too much

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

There’s not a GM out there who takes Darnold over Minchew right now.  Sad reality.

LOL, sure there isnt

Reality

6 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Gase lovers? Who the f**k is that? His wife maybe.

Its anyone who doesnt agree with him that everything in green sucks beyond belief 

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Believe what you want.  Darnold has played 1 good half of football in 2019.  Just put the ball on the ground again.

Believe what you want.  

Start with the nonsense that hes played one good half of football.  Thats beyond nonsense.  Games dont count were breaking down 338 yard games into halves to make our dumb arguent more sensible somehow. 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Wait a QB can do something besides panic when theres a blitz?

Youre comparing the two OL and what the QBs face when the other team blitzes?  

They have the same choices to beat the blitz?

LOL, we're reaching full bore now

• Upvote 1

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Are we even playing Quinnen??? I don’t get it...at all. 

I dont get how anyone asks this at this point of the game

Just now, Jetpain said:

We are playing defense with what appears to be 4 legitimate NFL starters and 7 depth guys/ bottom of roster types.  

Its amazing how many options a team has with a good OL and a defense that helps win games.  The Bills were horrid against the Fins and the D kept them in it until the won

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Your argument that he’s played one good game in 2019 doesn’t really strengthen your overall point as much as you want to.

Listen to your son, he understands.

And somehow the Bills game, with mono was the best QB performace against the Bills.  But it wasnt a good game.

Add the Cowboys game that would be two.  

Its an internet world, overreactions all over.  Sam is back after one drive, sucks after one pass.  I dont give a shlt what a handful of fans spew

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Free rusher against Minshew and he read it and looked the other way and got rid of the ball accurately and quickly. Darnold hasn’t done that.

Again I'll say it, doesnt seem to get through, the rush is the same to you and the outlets are the same to you?

You dont know what youre watching if you believe that

Just now, Larz said:

Rules analyst for clapping)

oh ffs

What it could lead to in the second half

Should there be a penalty on Marone running it up a year ago?  May have led to the clap or to a shove later

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's amazing how every bad game results in an injury with Sam.

Its amazing that you actually think this is true and are selling this

3 minutes ago, greeniemeanie said:

This is the worst it has ever been in my entire life of watching the Jets. I sincerely hope that the Johnsons get tired of football and sell this team.

What a bad time to be a fan.

You have no idea, obviously young

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I wasn't paying attention from 71 to 79 more or less BUT what years were worse than this. Honest question. This rivals 95-96 no question.

4 wins in two years?  Pathetic every year?  Can make an argument that it was worse.  Which is sad.  Sat in the stands knowing you had no chance.

Really sad how many bad, really bad stretches we've had

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jets have zero pass rush & zero Oline. They have no stud CBs, they don't have a LB that can cover in the flat, Darnold is feeling the pressure to win every play. This is a very poor roster in the trenches, has way to many injuries & they'll be playing from behind all season which exasperates the pressure defenses can put on this horrible Oline, doubling the pressure Sam will be under, rinse & repeat. 

Jets are picking top 3. Gase will be back, Williams will move on & Douglas will try to build the team in his image, beginning with fixing the Oline. Its amazing how bad this defense is considering that 80% of the assets this team has used in the last 10 years was on the defensive side of the ball. Sad state of affairs.

This is a bad team, mismatched roster in so many ways.  And the easy, simplistic response is to blame one.  Either the QB or HC, really doesnt matter.  One is easier to blame than a deep assessment of what youre actually looking at.  

3 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Woody being called to England was the perfect opportunity to do something about this franchise, and he made the absolute worst possible decision 

Nothing more simple than blaming the owner for the lack of talent? 

Woody being called to England was the perfect opportunity to do something about this franchise, and he made the absolute worst possible decision 

• Confused 1

• Haha 1

Just now, fullblast said:

The owners are who put the leadership in place. They just suck at picking leaders.

3 years for CJ.  2 real seasons where he could put the leadership in place. He fired everyone.  And if you can tell me how past problems at picking leaders has anything to do with CJ, you’re good

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

There is a direct correlation when you don't hire a Head of Football Operations and you are the deciding vote.

That is the most overused excuse ever based on nothing 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

That wasnt a catch but they might not overturn it because who the **** knows with this league.

Or because it actually was 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

It's simple.  He should hire one guy to be in charge and not put himself in the decision making process.

It’s a simpleton comment as an excuse.  Name all the winning teams with a director of football ops.  

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

That was precisely the drive I asked for. Let me be wrong and this team doesn’t disappoint.

Guess we have a TE to pair with Herndon whenever he returns 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So this is the part where we are all hoping for a stellar defensive stop or a turnover and the they will give up a mind numbing 8 minute drive.

Translation:  Everyone but you

4 minutes ago, Xtina said:

HOw bout hiring someone like a president of football operations to report to him who actually knows about football to make football decisions 

I’ll ask again.  When has that ever been a plan that works?  Jax has been worse with Coughlin than before.  Other teams where this is the model?  Parcells with the Fins?  Helped how? 

sounds good but where are the results 

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Why do I watch this team every sunday

Because they’re worse on Mondays 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

On Gase calling dumb ass plays.

Let's see we down by 7...let's throw it up and see what happens let's not go with short passes that are working and certianally not try to protect sam. Jesus.

This team. 

Typical second guess dumped on a coach.  Throwing deep on 2nd and 24 is now a bad call?  
They called into the helmet, throw it up and see what happens?  Lol

14 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

It doesn't really matter what other teams and owners are doing.  The Johnson's just don't know what they're doing and should stay as far away from football decisions as possible.

You’re right, all the times it hasn’t worked means we should do it because, we’ll just because we need something else to bitch about.  Hell we haven’t seen a JD draft  but he needs to report to someone.  Why?   Because it’s different

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Oh man the Leo injury would be icing on the cake. But Gardner Minshew scoring after a Sam Darnold interception, with Leo Williams missing a sack and a TD catch right in front of Jamal is a Macc Grand Slam.

For fans like you

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What would that accomplish?

Nothing but we didn’t see enough pointless ideas

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m a pretty great fan.

You’re a miserable fan who sees good or funny in a td that seals the game.  Great is the word that came to mind

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He sucks. No arm.

Thankfully a stupid comment to make me realize where I am

• Upvote 2

Just now, DLJ said:

They’re going to keep Gase around until he completely finishes what’s left of Darnold.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You keep flopping between he sucks and they’ll ruin him, it’s on Gase 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company