joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm gonna go slow again.  Try harder honey, I know you can do it.

That take was 3-4 weeks ago.  Things have, again, changed.

There won't be another good game.

You can go as slow as you want,. The fact is that 3-4  weeks ago the hypothetical was Darnold sucking all year and us looking at QB's early 2020. You thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Now, 2 and 1/2 games later you are ready to move on. Since the crux of the arguement assumed Darnold played poorly for the year, you've completely contradicted yourself in less than a month.

So basically the you from 3-4 weeks ago is calling the you of today the stupidest person ever.

Also, the you of today is calling the you of 3-4 weeks ago stupid.

I think they are both right

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

How does Gase honestly survive this season.

They've been competitive in two games all year.  Otherwise, blown out week after week.  Forget about playing meaningful games at the end of the season..

How about a few meaningful plays at the end of a game!

• Upvote 3

The problem is that we expect too much from our team. We are 1-5. We look like we are 1-5. The Jags should have been very happy to see us on their schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

That's what teams say when they can't accept the fact that they're just not talented enough to win.

Yup.  We’ve been using this excuse for over a decade.

Just now, prime21 said:

In all fairness, he’s been doing this all year long.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm aware, I've been saying he's the best young QB in the league for a while now. 

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm not being funny this is the worst team I've ever seen in my time as a fan.

ANY JETS team or any team ever??  Both are big statements but very realistic.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

You can go as slow as you want,. The fact is that 3-4  weeks ago the hypothetical was Darnold sucking all year and us looking at QB's early 2020. You thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Now, 2 and 1/2 games later you are ready to move on. Since the crux of the arguement assumend Darnold played poorly for the year, you've completely contradicted yourself in less than a month.

So basically the you from 3-4 weeks ago is calling the you of today the stupidest person ever.

Also, the you of today is calling the you of 3-4 weeks ago stupid.

I think they are both right

You're doing great sweety, no rush. You take as long as you need to.

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh good only another 9 games left to endure.

Hey..don't worry. Gase's team's improved each season in Miami...oh, wait..

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

let me check....

no

It's weird, he's making play when in...I mean, he got that sack right or at least a splitsies. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, greeniemeanie said:

This is the worst it has ever been in my entire life of watching the Jets. I sincerely hope that the Johnsons get tired of football and sell this team.

What a bad time to be a fan.

You have no idea, obviously young

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

You're doing great sweety, no rush. You take as long as you need to.

Uh huh, wake me up when you are back in love with Darnold and calling the doubters stupid. I bet it takes less than a month.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How does Gase honestly survive this season.

They've been competitive in two games all year.  Otherwise, blown out week after week.  Forget about playing meaningful games at the end of the season..

How about a few meaningful plays at the end of a game!

The Jets are doing great as a business. That’s how. Their attendance is great and that’s all that matters. Opposing team fans make them successful from the business side of things. 

• Like 1

Gase looks like he’s gonna break down and cry on the sidelines. No answers after 6 games

Just now, TeddEY said:

You can make the argument that the Jags are better than the Jets, and this is true.  But if you’re watching this game and saying the Jets have the better QB, you’re lying to yourself.

You put Minshew on this team the results would be similar.  The lack of talent is hard to overcome.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

All in all, I feel like the score isnt as bad as it should be.

Truth is, if Gase can get his head out of his ass and manufacture a drive after the half, they could get the score down to 5 points. Not bad.

1 minute ago, SpartanJet said:

Only idiots would say that Minshew better than Darnold when Minshew has an actual offensive line and real wide receivers

I don't think name calling makes an argument. Darnold's back-foot throwing is not ALL on the OL. His not throwing the ball away after escaping is not on the OL. His "seeing ghosts" isn't all on the OL.

It's just as I believe: you can have Ben Rothlesberger behind the Jets OL and it would be something similar. Which is why I believe:

• It's STUPID to draft a 'Franchise QB' without at least a semblance of a dominant OL and
  • Sam Darnold has become a turnover machine, either fumbling or throwing INTs. and
  • that is not all on the OL...theres
  • I'm not sure he's being coached. Nobody seems to be. 
  • Upvote 2

Amazing enough the Game is still not out of reach.   We get the ball to start the 3rd that will be the big test.   Pick on the D all you all want the Offense is no help what so ever.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

You can make the argument that the Jags are better than the Jets, and this is true.  But if you’re watching this game and saying the Jets have the better QB, you’re lying to yourself.

No doubt about it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You have no idea, obviously young

I wasn't paying attention from 71 to 79 more or less BUT what years were worse than this. Honest question. This rivals 95-96 no question.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Minshew just knows how to play. If I'm the Jags Foles isn't the QB when he gets healthy, they've got something with this kid

• Upvote 2