***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The pass was bad and Crowder was open. Darnold has to hit him. And yeah I agree someone has to take something off of Darnold’s plate because he’s swimming. Gase should’ve called the TO.

The pass was bad because Darnold had to hurry the throw - if crowder realized a blitz was happening he should have stopped quicker to be in position to grab that throw.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How does Gase honestly survive this season.

They've been competitive in two games all year.  Otherwise, blown out week after week.  Forget about playing meaningful games at the end of the season..

How about a few meaningful plays at the end of a game!

If they play like this the rest of the season, I don't think he survives. If they somehow start competing in games, then I think he survives by putting blame on the OL. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

You can make the argument that the Jags are better than the Jets, and this is true.  But if you’re watching this game and saying the Jets have the better QB, you’re lying to yourself.

You can’t make that determination based on this game. Darnolds drop back are fire drill. The jets rush 6 players and menshaw has a clean pocket throwing against man coverage.

• Upvote 1

You know I didn't think needed to be said but the "horrible" ok are just in bad system. They have enoughtalet to be good but our blocking scheme is terrible for not only our talent but also the running game. Continuing theme of Gase being a bad coach.

Why not run something that would let your Hodge podge of a OL succeed and give bell a chance to play.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway cause Gase doesn't want to use bell to win. 

Anyway Gase is crap. We only score and win in spite of Gase and his stupid ass system. Can we just fire this guy already 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You can make the argument that the Jags are better than the Jets, and this is true.  But if you’re watching this game and saying the Jets have the better QB, you’re lying to yourself.

It isn't even an argument. Jags are better than the Jets.

12 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

This how you ruin a young QB. Atrocious OL and blocking schemes.  Do like the Jags and keep a rb in to pick up a blitzer.  Probably still won't be enough, but try something different?

There’s our QB whisperer for you 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SpartanJet said:

You put Minshew on this team the results would be similar.  The lack of talent is hard to overcome.

Game results, perhaps, but Minshew doesn’t throw yolo balls when under duress and can throw the football away.  The more you see Darnold, the more it’s clear you’re watching a good athlete try to play QB, not an actual QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Really just one level - the team is so bad that it would take 3-4 years of good drafts, including hitting on a QB, to fix it.  Is there another level I’m missing?

Seriously, what QB would you think is going to make a game of it with that OL?

Pick one, I'll wait ?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

For all the motherchunkin' draft capital we've spent on the interior, we generate zero pressure up the middle. 

But interior pressure is the obit washy to beat Tom Brady.  Didn't you know that? Lol.  ******* clowns

What really piss's me off the Dolphin's will throw the game next week. SAR1 will say we are back, and it hurts us much more that we win a game.
This team cant handle any blitz at all, Darnold looks ruined to me. I say Joe Douglas just trades everyone.

That has been the attitude of Jets fans for 8 years. Good franchises find talent all over the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I had a good laugh at the announcer saying the jets havent handled pressure well this half, lets see if they can go in and make some adjustments. 

Lol have you seen this team all year? They've had 7 games to fix how they handle pressure and they havent. You think a 15 min half time if gonna fix this sh*tshow!?!?