***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

The first half went pretty much to plan. The Jags are not a very good team but like I posted already, the Jets are infinitely WORSE. This Jets team is so BAD that all of their remaining opponents should be looking forward to an easy win.

• Upvote 1

286 yards offense given up by the defense in the 1st half.

Gase miraculously has found a way to be a worse head coach than todd bowles.

Now the narratives to save gases ass.

#1 It is all on gregg williams he will be fired at the end of the year.

#2 Sam darnold is awful how can gase do anything with him.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Why is Le’Veon Bell on this team if we refuse to even try and use him? This organization is death.

They try, its just not working because of the o line and lack of consistent qb play to take eyes off bell. And the inconsistent qb play is mostly because of the line. Some mistakes are on sam but its mostly the trash line

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Maybe. Those Golden Domers

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Maybe. Those Golden Domers melted in the rain like the Witch in the Wizard of Oz though. I expected a better showing. You know who Harbaugh has to beat to make it a no-brainer. Don't see that happening.

ng. You know who Harbaugh has to beat to make it a no-brainer. Don't see that happening.

Great line.?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

286 yards offense given up by the defense in the 1st half.

Gase miraculously has found a way to be a rose head coach than todd bowles.

Now the narratives to save gases ass.

#1 It is all on gregg williams he will be fired at the end of the year.

#2 Sam darnold is awful how can gase do anything with him.

It’s unbelievable. What I find odd is that a Gase always touted that he played a certain way in Miami to give them the best chance to win. The offensive numbers weren’t good but it allowed bad teams to be competitive at least. I thought he could at least function with a bad team. I’ve never seen a coach curl up and die like this. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Team archer said:

They try, its just not working because of the o line and lack of consistent qb play to take eyes off bell. And the inconsistent qb play is mostly because of the line. Some mistakes are on sam but its mostly the trash line

They are not trying when Sam throws 6 plays in a row and then Powell gets an entire series when they decide to try and run.

Darnold is not a bad player, but he isn't being coached or protected well. We love to go on about how young he is but that also means he's inexperienced and needs support. He is being asked to carry the team and it's honestly a bit much to ask of him at this point in his career. I'm afraid this organization is going to ruin him.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m for canceling the rest of the season so we can get an O line and 1 pass rusher.

Que the draft when a DT is the "BPA" and virtually this entire board loves the pick and tells me that it was the right choice because they would be reaching for the Tackle (whatever the heck that means) because he shouldn't' be picked until 4 picks later. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

But, definitely no blame is on the QB for that.  He’s a franchise QB.

All QBs that have played for this team look like garbage this year.

The QBs that played for gase in miami all looked like garbage.

50% of the teams in this league are doing okay if not better with back  ups, 3rd stringers and jags.

Darnold may be having issues but the coaching and game plan  and play design this team has is the worst in the league by far.

That to go along with the worst oline in the league.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

If the Jets go on to lose this game, this roster needs to be turned over. Other than Darnold, Adams, and Q Williams everyone else should be on the trade block. We need to stock up on draft picks and start over. Douglas looks to be in for a busy 48 hours.

I've been all on this for a while, you may fire the coach to since he knows he's done when this goes down.

Personally, I believe Darnold has the important talents to be a Franchise QB. But he is hampered by a poor OL and, outside of that, is making poor decisions and not taking care of the ball.

I've seen this movie before: Marc Sanchez, for example. BUT, unlike Mark Sanchez, Darnold actually has the arm and stature to become what Sanchez never could. That said, Darnold is playing like sh!!t and his OL is playing its normal crap. So, Darnold is going to have to find a way not to turn the ball over like it's his first NFL game, every game. Cause the OL probably ain't turning into the Cowboys OL anytime soon.

And his fans who can't even acknowledge ANY mistake aren't helping...geez, he's a 2nd-year QB in his second system behind a crap OL and undertalented WR corps. But he needs to be reigned in and actually coached not to make the same stupid mistakes over and over.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s unbelievable. What I find odd is that a Gase always touted that he played a certain way in Miami to give them the best chance to win. The offensive numbers weren’t good but it allowed bad teams to be competitive at least. I thought he could at least function with a bad team. I’ve never seen a coach curl up and die like this. 

Gase has his system and will not change it. That’s the difference between a good coach and sh*t. 

• Upvote 4

Can’t run block 

cant pass block

Not much you can do as a coach but at least go uptempo and tell the offense that you are going for it on 4th down every time as soon as you pass midfield?

I mean call blitz beaters at least ffs, screens draws slants basic stuff

• Upvote 2

The most frustrating thing about The New York Jets is watching other bad teams that have bad stretches.  I've watched other teams picking in the top 5 or so year after year and they're loading up on talent.  Receivers, pass rushers, Offensive Linemen.  The Jets just load up on garbage or low impact positions.  All of a sudden those other teams hit on a QB or a head coach and boom, they're a good team.  Bad coaches, bad drafts, it's just torture following this franchise.  JD needs to save this franchise..... I'm not holding my breath. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bgivs21 said:

Youre dead wrong on blaming darnold for this sh*t show. Terrible coaching, terrible blocking. What do you want the QB to do?

Except, I’m not blaming Darnold for the result of the game, I’m blaming him for not being a good enough QB.  Good QBs and bad QB both lose games because teams matter.  But it’s not the teams fault that Darnold escaped pressure and then threw an insanely stupid pick rather than just throwing the ball away.