joewilly12

***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

The good news is if we lose next week we're back in the running for the #1 pick!  And with the Bengals on the schedule we could win it!

• Haha 1

Jets have zero pass rush & zero Oline. They have no stud CBs, they don't have a LB that can cover in the flat, Darnold is feeling the pressure to win every play. This is a very poor roster in the trenches, has way to many injuries & they'll be playing from behind all season which exasperates the pressure defenses can put on this horrible Oline, doubling the pressure Sam will be under, rinse & repeat. 

Jets are picking top 3. Gase will be back, Williams will move on & Douglas will try to build the team in his image, beginning with fixing the Oline. Its amazing how bad this defense is considering that 80% of the assets this team has used in the last 10 years was on the defensive side of the ball. Sad state of affairs.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I wasn't paying attention from 71 to 79 more or less BUT what years were worse than this. Honest question. This rivals 95-96 no question.

4 wins in two years?  Pathetic every year?  Can make an argument that it was worse.  Which is sad.  Sat in the stands knowing you had no chance.

Really sad how many bad, really bad stretches we've had

Can’t run block 

cant pass block

Not much you can do as a coach but at least go uptempo and tell the offense that you are going for it on 4th down every time as soon as you pass midfield?

I mean call blitz beaters at least ffs, screens draws slants basic stuff

Put in an extra tackle. Drop your QB further. Roll your QB out. Know what your opponents like to do. Plenty of things a decent coach can do to hide a bad OL.

Problem is Gase is still coaching like this is the Super Bowl winning Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

Just now, talisaynon said:

If they don’t win this one I’m checking out. I’ll probably just gamecast the rest of the season

I go gamecast when they fall behind by 14 

so 10 minutes lol

2 minutes ago, TJ said:

The most frustrating thing about The New York Jets is watching other bad teams that have bad stretches.  I've watched other teams picking in the top 5 or so year after year and they're loading up on talent.  Receivers, pass rushers, Offensive Linemen.  The Jets just load up on garbage or low impact positions.  All of a sudden those other teams hit on a QB or a head coach and boom, they're a good team.  Bad coaches, bad drafts, it's just torture following this franchise.  JD needs to save this franchise..... I'm not holding my breath. 

Me either JD resume includes kAlil, not having a kicker for opening day, mishandling an injury for one of our olinemen, dumb trade for Thomas and letting nfl films mic up sam live against New England in prime time. Sure he hasn’t drafted yet but man I better see alot

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All QBs that have played for this team look like garbage this year.

The QBs that played for gase in miami all looked like garbage.

50% of the teams in this league are doing okay if not better with back  ups, 3rd stringers and jags.

Darnold may be having issues but the coaching and game plan  and play design this team has is the worst in the league by far.

That to go along with the worst oline in the league.

The team sucks.  I’m not expecting wins.  I’m expecting a “franchise QB” to look better than this - and more adept at the mental aspect of being a QB, which Minchew is running circles around him on.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jets have zero pass rush & zero Oline. They have no stud CBs, they don't have a LB that can cover in the flat, Darnold is feeling the pressure to win every play. This is a very poor roster in the trenches, has way to many injuries & they'll be playing from behind all season which exasperates the pressure defenses can put on this horrible Oline, doubling the pressure Sam will be under, rinse & repeat. 

Jets are picking top 3. Gase will be back, Williams will move on & Douglas will try to build the team in his image, beginning with fixing the Oline. Its amazing how bad this defense is considering that 80% of the assets this team has used in the last 10 years was on the defensive side of the ball. Sad state of affairs.

This is a bad team, mismatched roster in so many ways.  And the easy, simplistic response is to blame one.  Either the QB or HC, really doesnt matter.  One is easier to blame than a deep assessment of what youre actually looking at.  

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

All QBs that have played for this team look like garbage this year.

The QBs that played for gase in miami all looked like garbage.

50% of the teams in this league are doing okay if not better with back  ups, 3rd stringers and jags.

Darnold may be having issues but the coaching and game plan  and play design this team has is the worst in the league by far.

That to go along with the worst oline in the league.

Squeak by with a W when Darnold gets away with one of his patented back-foot throws on a busted coverage for a fluky 92-yard touchdown: OOO SAMMY YOU SO FRANCHISEY

Every other game: NO QB COULD POSSIBLY WIN WITH THIS COACHING AND OL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Problem is Gase is still coaching like this is the Super Bowl winning Broncos.

That's just not true. I haven't seen him get Darnold coffee once. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

The team sucks.  I’m not expecting wins.  I’m expecting a “franchise QB” to look better than this - and more adept at the mental aspect of being a QB, which Minchew is running circles around him on.

I agree But can we really compare their situations? 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

But, definitely no blame is on the QB for that.  He’s a franchise QB.

Nobody is saying Sam is having a good game, he is reaching because of the sh*tshow offensive line and terrible WR.  Minshew has all day to pass so of course he looks better.  Just look at this past series nobody can look good behind this line.

• Upvote 1

I just don't get this.  He was getting the ball out very quickly on the first drive.  Now he drops back on every play???

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1