***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

?

Eh, it is what it is.  It's not worth the frustration of arguing it anymore. 

He's a bust.  Isn't the first and, given this organizations track record, certainly won't be the last.  The only question left now is how long does Douglas wait to pick "his guy".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'm off the Darnold bus.

Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields 2021.

EDIT:

Remember what happened last time we went prediction for prediction Kevin?

What???????????????  A few weeks you all but shot me when I said the very same thing.............................

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

Come on dude..  I lean towards optimism and I'm not ready to say he's a bust but the last 2 games have been trash.  Bad decisions, holding the ball too long, missing open receivers, jittery in the pocket..  it's not good right now.

If this becomes the norm the next few weeks against the dregs of the NFL defenses then we have a serious problem.

Yep, except I lean pessimist when it comes to this wretched team

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

If 53 TD's and 15 turnovers are what you consider prone than I dont think it's worth the conversation. 

Lawrence is having a typical sophomore slump, and he still looks like a phenomenal prospect.

We should be hoping that we even get a chance to draft him.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Lawrence is having a typical sophomore slump, and he still looks like a phenomenal prospect.

We should be hoping that we even get a chance to draft him.

Besides, I've gone down this exercise before INT's actually isnt a huge indicator.  This was a topic of discussion during Watson argument days because he threw 17 his final season. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

You just saw the last throw of the game when he missed a wide open crowder 

Lol so your example comes from a garbage time play... where the receiver jumped early and the ball hit him in the hands. You expect him to complete 100% of his passes?

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Did you guys see Darnold miss open receivers or take sacks when plays were there to be had? 

Yes, on the play he fumbled out of bounds Robby was open.

Yes, on the out route to Robby his ball placement was really bad and he left the ball inside and hit the CB.

Yes, on the long INT that killed the game he had time and threw the ball high and outside when his receiver was under and inside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

Yes, on the out route to Robby his ball placement was really bad and he left the ball inside and hit the CB.

Yes, on the long INT that killed the game he had time and threw the ball high and outside when his receiver was under and inside. 

kdels.. people are all 3 monkeys in one. maybe he will have 2 good years, like testaverde w/o the heisman

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Under and inside... you mean destroyed by the defender? It was a go route not a comeback... 

Just now, MaxAF said:

Sam has been rattled and beaten beyond belief. I’ll be surprised if he ever recovers. Probably has nightmares every night about being sacked and throwing interceptions. Too bad. The Jets have probably ruined him 4 life.

or, we thought he had "it"....but he ain't close

• Upvote 2

Then your lying about watching the Jets for that long.

Most similar comparison is the Brooks Bollinger year when we lost 2 QBs in 3 snaps and had Adrian Clarke holding down the oline.

The problem is we have Sam now and he's just really bad

Been watching the Jets for 50 years. Can’t remember them ever being this bad. Makes Kotite look like a HOF coach. ******* pathetic 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

Then your lying about watching the Jets for that long.

Most similar comparison is the Brooks Bollinger year when we lost 2 QBs in 3 snaps and had Adrian Clarke holding down the oline.

The problem is we have Sam now and he's just really bad

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Ok forgot about that. At 59 and watching the Jets this long I’m a bit delusional 

• Upvote 1

I am disappointed by the past couple of days but not ready to count out Sam yet.

I see a kid that is a solid leader, can process the game quickly and has arm talent.

His mechanics have been awful in the past two games (after he probably got lucky overdoing it throwing off the wrong base against Dallas). But he is 22 years old and operating in really difficult conditions (recovering from Mono, awful line, coaching that doesn't appear to be helping). 

Rather than just saying 'he sucks' I'll say, he's played awful the past two weeks and i hope he can learn from it, and get better, because he has the potential and we really really need him to.

• Upvote 1