McCarthyism

Philc1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s say jets go 3-13 or worse and the Johnsons actually do the right thing and fire Gase

Do we go after the guy we should have hired?

04DB3040-303B-4FFB-91A5-4E4F340A94EE.thumb.jpeg.a04c1c8ad295e127d68861be907a3df9.jpeg

I would say that all precious information, prior to this season would indicate he would be terrible head coach. But compared to what we have, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but that bland vanilla off and coaching would be great.

I mean we would at least be preoared and probal be throwing to bell with dump passed and building game plans to protect our QB

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

#1 Gase has been awful but then I was thinking:

- Lost Sam to mono for three games and played him sick in one

- Lost Enunwa, Mosley to injury

- Lost Herndon, Copeland to suspension

- Both the OL gambits (Osemele and Kalil) fail

- No starting Calibre cbs

That's tough on anyone. Gase hasn't done enough to justify himself, but I think our record is prob the same with anyone.

This guy has been dealt a horrible hand. You look at a guy like Quinn losing games in Atlanta & his starting offense is Matt Ryan, Freeman, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley (Sanu), and Hooper! 

This team is beat up, without Hairston has zero CBs, Trumaine Johnson is a traffic cone, no starting TE, a string bean #1 WR, literally a patched together Oline of backups. You guys do realize that not 1 Olineman we have left would start for 95% of the league right? 

No #1 WR, no CBs, no Oline, no TE, no pass rushers. Try to win games in the NFL under those circumstances. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike McCarthy went 7-9 and 4-7-1 during his last two years in Green Bay, who are now a top-tier contender without him, but sure he would be great here with Luke Falk. You people are babies.

As opposed to Gase in Miami and us now, right?

I too love arguing the that flavor and texture of my sh*t is clearly better than the flavor and texture of your sh*t.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I too love arguing the that flavor and texture of my sh*t is clearly better than the flavor and texture of your sh*t.

I’m not the one saying “gosh, that other plate of sh*t would definitely be better sh*t.”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

That's tough on anyone. Gase hasn't done enough to justify himself, but I think our record is prob the same with anyone.

Gase took over a team that's had the worst GM's - Idzak and Macc - for the last six years which has resulted in a roster that has just about no talent at starters or reserves. He also lost QB2 after one quarter when Sam went down with mono. Give Douglas time to rebuild the team around our FQB.

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s say jets go 3-13 or worse and the Johnsons actually do the right thing and fire Gase

Do we go after the guy we should have hired?

Green bay seems to be doing better without him. He had a functional franchise with a franchise QB he should be the BB* of the NFC at this point. Instead he was unceremoniously released and is now unemployed while GB is now 6-1.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, because no matter what drove a .500 win percentage in Miami it was Miami, not the GB roster.  Miami that's worse, not better without their last HC.  And more importantly it's the argument that we should fire that shlt for the OPs shlt as if it would have led to wins against the Pats or Eagles 

3 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Oh so that’s why there’s been no in-game adjustments. Ah-ha!

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Oh so that’s why there’s been no in-game adjustments. Ah-ha!

So simple in game adjustments would have won games?  

Theres are in game adjustments that would make up for those losses/fails?

Its easy to just say in game adjustments and not come up with a few

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So simple in game adjustments would have won games?  

Theres are in game adjustments that would make up for those losses/fails?

Its easy to just say in game adjustments and not come up with a few

Oh you want me to come up with a few? How about benching Kalil? Using two back sets to help pick up the blitz? Bringing in an extra lineman once in a while if the QB is getting killed? Running more quick passes? I am not a football expert so I am sure an expert can come up with better adjustments  

I am not a Gase hater but it hurts to see the same thing happen for an entire game. I don’t have a lot of confidence that he will all of a sudden start making smart adjustments, do you?

Would we have won more games? Probably not but we would have been less pathetic. It kind of feels like Bowles part two. 

He’s called one good game and that was against Dallas. 

• Upvote 1