McCarthyism

Philc1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

This guy has been dealt a horrible hand. You look at a guy like Quinn losing games in Atlanta & his starting offense is Matt Ryan, Freeman, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley (Sanu), and Hooper! 

This team is beat up, without Hairston has zero CBs, Trumaine Johnson is a traffic cone, no starting TE, a string bean #1 WR, literally a patched together Oline of backups. You guys do realize that not 1 Olineman we have left would start for 95% of the league right? 

No #1 WR, no CBs, no Oline, no TE, no pass rushers. Try to win games in the NFL under those circumstances. 

33-0 

16 minutes ago, Drums said:

Oh you want me to come up with a few? How about benching Kalil? Using two back sets to help pick up the blitz? Bringing in an extra lineman once in a while if the QB is getting killed? Running more quick passes? I am not a football expert so I am sure an expert can come up with better adjustments  

I am not a Gase hater but it hurts to see the same thing happen for an entire game. I don’t have a lot of confidence that he will all of a sudden start making smart adjustments, do you?

Would we have won more games? Probably not but we would have been less pathetic. It kind of feels like Bowles part two. 

He’s called one good game and that was against Dallas. 

Benching Kalil would have won how many games?  How is that an in game adjustment?  I would rather see Kalil at G.  Maybe he cant?  Usually Cs can play G. 

Quick pass sets?  We've done it, hasnt worked.  People complained thats all Gase ran, now he doesnt run enough?  WRs haven gotten any seperation, there are no targets, especially in the last game.  0 blitz, its pass against that D and then run forever since there is no S help.  WRs sucked, never got free.  

He didnt call a good game against the Bills?  Did he call for two missed, easy kicks, enough to win the game?  2-4 given the schedule and sam being out, would we be as critical of the team?  

We can do this with most teams.  We can certainly do this with McCarthy the last years in GB, we did.  From everyone, every direction including his HOF QB

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Benching Kalil would have won how many games?  How is that an in game adjustment?  I would rather see Kalil at G.  Maybe he cant?  Usually Cs can play G. 

Quick pass sets?  We've done it, hasnt worked.  People complained thats all Gase ran, now he doesnt run enough?  WRs haven gotten any seperation, there are no targets, especially in the last game.  0 blitz, its pass against that D and then run forever since there is no S help.  WRs sucked, never got free.  

He didnt call a good game against the Bills?  Did he call for two missed, easy kicks, enough to win the game?  2-4 given the schedule and sam being out, would we be as critical of the team?  

We can do this with most teams.  We can certainly do this with McCarthy the last years in GB, we did.  From everyone, every direction including his HOF QB

Yeah, this doesn’t convince me that he couldn’t have been better thus far. Agree to disagree. 

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Yeah, this doesn’t convince me that he couldn’t have been better thus far. Agree to disagree. 

Have no problem with someone criticizing what we've seen so far under these circumstances.

I just agree to disagree that the out of touch McCarthy we saw the last number of seasons would have been a season saver for us.  

Think the season we're seeing in GB under a rookie HC says a lot.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have no problem with someone criticizing what we've seen so far under these circumstances.

I just agree to disagree that the out of touch McCarthy we saw the last seasons would have been a season saver for us.  

Oh, I am with you. Screw McCarthy. Our success is going to come down to whether or not Joe Douglas is a good GM. Look at what a good roster did for Rex. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mike McCarthy went 7-9 and 4-7-1 during his last two years in Green Bay, who are now a top-tier contender without him, but sure he would be great here with Luke Falk. You people are babies.

Gase went 6-10 and 7-9 in his last two seasons in Miami and left the worst team in the league in his wake.  Now he is coaching a different team with is the "almost" (soon to be?) worst team in the league.  Remove all of the excuses from the equation and a pattern emerges. On the plus side, consistency is something you look for in a coach. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ryu79 said:

#1 Gase has been awful but then I was thinking:

- Lost Sam to mono for three games and played him sick in one

- Lost Enunwa, Mosley to injury

- Lost Herndon, Copeland to suspension

- Both the OL gambits (Osemele and Kalil) fail

- No starting Calibre cbs

That's tough on anyone. Gase hasn't done enough to justify himself, but I think our record is prob the same with anyone.

I have been thinking injuries are part of the game and even of these players were injured they were still prepared and had no game plan. so tha answer here is even with injuries there is no excuse for Gase's performance. Considering he should have never been hired in the first place if we were looking for a successful coach

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Packers thriving without McCarthy. Packers couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Gee who helped developed Arron Rodgers, that is more then Gase can say isn't it? I am not say McCarthy would have been successful here 1 superbowl 9 winning seasons, but one guy has a track record or grooming a HOF caliber Qb and the other has HOF caliber excuses.

On McCarthy's further defense AR signed a huge contract who would you move if you had to take salary cap hit accelerated to one yr?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This guy has been dealt a horrible hand. You look at a guy like Quinn losing games in Atlanta & his starting offense is Matt Ryan, Freeman, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley (Sanu), and Hooper! 

This team is beat up, without Hairston has zero CBs, Trumaine Johnson is a traffic cone, no starting TE, a string bean #1 WR, literally a patched together Oline of backups. You guys do realize that not 1 Olineman we have left would start for 95% of the league right? 

No #1 WR, no CBs, no Oline, no TE, no pass rushers. Try to win games in the NFL under those circumstances. 

so with all these positions filled would we still come out looking ill prepared here? cuse that is the point people are trying to make not only wins and loses but how we look over all. and in most of those loses no mater who was playing we looked like dog crap because the coach diod not call a good game and looked like they gave up. There is no excuse for gase he is a career loser that most of us thought he was.

Unless you mean to tell me he needs a HOF qb, an oline two cbs and a great linebacker to be good.

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

As coach yes, but if Rhule is hired is Mac still making the calls?

Mac would have been here for free agency and the draft.  Like he was with Gase.  Hiring Rhule wouldn’t have saved Mac.  After the way his OL was put together this year, it was only a matter of time that he got fired.  

The bigger question would be had we hired Rhule, would we have still been able to hire Douglass.  And taking it even further, if Rhule turns out to be a coaching prodigy and Douglass turns out to be an exceptional front office guy, what could have been?

If Gase isn’t the answer, we will have burned most likely Darnold’s first three years of his rookie deal.  At this point, we all better freaking hope that Gase can turn this crap roster into something.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mike McCarthy went 7-9 and 4-7-1 during his last two years in Green Bay, who are now a top-tier contender without him, but sure he would be great here with Luke Falk. You people are babies.

Context is everything and we have had this conversation before, yes GB is good now because AR is sticking to the play calling for one. AR and McCarthy had a split argument what ever you want to call it. AR was changing play calls  there was plenty of blame to go around but if you sign a qb to a huge contract a HOF caliber QB that McCarthy help developed who is easier to replace

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

15 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Gee who helped developed Arron Rodgers, that is more then Gase can say isn't it? I am not say McCarthy would have been successful here 1 superbowl 9 winning seasons, but one guy has a track record or grooming a HOF caliber Qb and the other has HOF caliber excuses.

On McCarthy's further defense AR signed a huge contract who would you move if you had to take salary cap hit accelerated to one yr?

Lol, yeah McCarthy taught Rodgers how to play QB. Rodgers would be great no matter who was his coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

Baylor is undefeated. Let’s get Matt Rhule and let him pick his assistants!

What’s he going to do about this “slight” problem of 90-95% of the Jets Roster having NO TALENT?

Surprised?  You let a Stumblebum like this guy Maccagnan, a moron/lackey of Casserly in Houston become GM AFTER it was learned Houston was going to fire him from his Scout job (after you really sit back and contemplate that isn’t it time for these also totally incompetent dweeb owners to just pack up the whole shop and move this so-called team to Antarctica?)...and you’re surprised at having probably the WORST ROSTER IN THE NFL?

Vince Lombardi couldn’t have won 3 games with this team.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol, yeah McCarthy taught Rodgers how to play QB. Rodgers would be great no matter who was his coach.

reading is fundamental bud, I said developed did I say teach? nope I did not I said developed he had Farve in front of him for 3 or 4 yrs that time on the side lines that time studying with Farve and McCarthy helped him. Only a fool would deny that.

The  Players need to be taught and put into the right system and developed if you dont credit the coach with helping develop the player and putting them into position to succeed while we have Gase who is crap show whose play calling looks like he is channeling from a Ouija board.

One has a career record on the + 500 side with a superbowl and the other is a loser who is falling further below 500. I am not saying McCarthy would have been the right hire but I can guarantee Gase is not.

They can win out against the soft part of the schedule the rest of the yr and it wont change my mind, because it is how the team plays when the stars are injured how they play and show they are prepared. That ios the measure of almost anyone when the chips are down how do you respond do you fight or just lay down. Gase's Jets are laying rolling over.

I am neither pro nor anti Gase.  He has been fairly criticized for some things this year but I doubt the record would be any different with another coach.  The truth is the next few games will tell us a lot more about him.  If we continue to be embarrassed against schitty teams then we'll know what kind of a coach he is.  If we win half of the winnable games for the rest of the season and Darnold develops that's a different story.  If not, well, we'll see what happens.

Let's pick up this conversation at 4:30 today.

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ok fine 

pitch me on this job like I’m McCarthy. Sell the sizzle 

there are 32 jobs in the NFL as Head coach, money someone better anyone better will take the job. There are fans on here that can do a better job with the Offensive side of the ball then gase has shown

3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

there are 32 jobs in the NFL as Head coach, money someone better anyone better will take the job. There are fans on here that can do a better job with the Offensive side of the ball then gase has shown

It’s a job 

not a lot of sizzle there lol

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ok Hess. Let’s fire Gase after the game. Tell me what happens next.

As if it matters but. Promote Williams to HC. That’d be step one. Gase is sh*t. Yes the Jets will still be sh*t without him but at least you could potentially, gradually start heading I. The right direction. Or maybe I’m wrong and Gase is this amazing guru who everybody hates 

51 minutes ago, rammagen said:

so with all these positions filled would we still come out looking ill prepared here? cuse that is the point people are trying to make not only wins and loses but how we look over all. and in most of those loses no mater who was playing we looked like dog crap because the coach diod not call a good game and looked like they gave up. There is no excuse for gase he is a career loser that most of us thought he was.

Unless you mean to tell me he needs a HOF qb, an oline two cbs and a great linebacker to be good.

You mean like Patriots (Brady/HOF), His Oline (Run on everyone & he eats a ham sandwich back there), Hightower + Collins + Van Noy, 3 veteran very Good LBs, Gilmore (Some saying best CB in the league), McCourty (some say best safety in the league), compared to our current crew?

Uh, yea, I think Gase might have more success than he's having right now, ?. Man, you walked right into that one. 

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s say jets go 3-13 or worse and the Johnsons actually do the right thing and fire Gase

Do we go after the guy we should have hired?

04DB3040-303B-4FFB-91A5-4E4F340A94EE.thumb.jpeg.a04c1c8ad295e127d68861be907a3df9.jpeg

If you can't win with Aaron Rodgers what do we have to talk about?

He sucks. He's an awful coach. We dodged a bullet with him. No clue why everyone thought he's a can't miss hire. He sucks and there's a reason why he's not coaching and got fired. Gase wasn't my first choice, Rhule was but I'll take Gase over McCarthy anyday. 

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

3 and 17 calls hand off up the middle to bell

3 and 10 play to recievers at the line of scrimmage or behind it.

Gase: well we need to be better

3 and 25 pass behind the line

Gase just score the damn touch down!!

1 and goal 1 and 10, 2 and 40, 3 and 17 .... Pass for 1 or run into stacked box....

Gase: no adjustments we just need to play better

NO NO NO Gase need to be better or be replaced

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s say jets go 3-13 or worse and the Johnsons actually do the right thing and fire Gase

Do we go after the guy we should have hired?

04DB3040-303B-4FFB-91A5-4E4F340A94EE.thumb.jpeg.a04c1c8ad295e127d68861be907a3df9.jpeg

That would be admitting a mistake and theough all the stupidity  that has gone on around thos team, nobody ever backtracked  in that manner 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, come on, he called on bubble screen against the Pats that went for 5 yards and never went back to it. DB's we give yards off the LOS all game. That is perfect for a quick slant or drag. No e of those were called. With the way the D was selling out to blitz, did we even try to setup a screen? Why was Sam standing g in the pocket getti g rushed and throwing off his back foot. Where was a designed roll out or QB option? I mean it's easy for me to say this now but Gase either is the most stubborn  HC who refuses to try something not in the gameplan  or he thinks these players are too stupid to go to a plan B.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You mean like Patriots (Brady/HOF), His Oline (Run on everyone & he eats a ham sandwich back there), Hightower + Collins + Van Noy, 3 veteran very Good LBs, Gilmore (Some saying best CB in the league), McCourty (some say best safety in the league), compared to our current crew?

Uh, yea, I think Gase might have more success than he's having right now, ?. Man, you walked right into that one. 

I did not wlk into anything you just proved my point you want excuses for gase the point is he sucks. Pats oline was a big question mark and their weakest point this yr how did they get better hmmm coaching maybe. BB has had success with the browns with other qbs as well.

Also who developed the Brady.... BB right. our defense is not our issue if the offense shows up and performs we are not this bad, Just look at this game right now short quick passes works negates the pass rush what doe  they do now go away from that and have longer developing pass plays and Sam is getting pressure and sacks.

Gase sucks it is pretty simple. Not saying McCarthy or anyone else would not have the same record but the team would have been better prepared and games plans would be better with out these questionable play calling. Go with what works till they take it away and then adjust and go to what opened up, Gase does not put the team and players into constant position to succeed instead he does not adjust