DK Metcalf

choon328

why don't some fans understand about injuries?  qwilliams has been injured all season.  he started with a high ankle sprain.  it takes time to heal and then build confident that he can play on it.  from what i've seen, qwill has made some nice plays in just about every game he's been in.  next year he should tear it up.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

why don't some fans understand about injuries?  qwilliams has been injured all season.  he started with a high ankle sprain.  it takes time to heal and then build confident that he can play on it.  from what i've seen, qwill has made some nice plays in just about every game he's been in.  next year he should tear it up.

is it ever ok to expect players on the jets to be good in the actual season that we are watching, asking for a friend 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

is it ever ok to expect players on the jets to be good in the actual season that we are watching, asking for a friend 

of course it is but at the same time it's unreasonable to expect a player to play at a high level or at all if injured.  i guess some may think that qwill is a snowflake and doesn't react well to pain.  i don't know, that's up to qwill to decide.

• 11 months later...

Who else? DK Metcalf fuels Seahawks’ game-winning drive with 4th-down catch and touchdown 

Oct. 11, 2020 at 9:37 pm Updated Oct. 11, 2020 at 10:40 pm 

Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf catches a 39-yard pass from Russell Wilson on the final game-winning drive as the Seattle Seahawks take on the Minnesota Vikings at CenturyLink Field in Seattle Sunday October 11, 2020. 215325 (Bettina Hansen / The Seattle Times)

DK Metcalf makes the game-winning catch against Minnesota.  The Minnesota Vikings played the Seattle Seahawks in NFL Football Sunday, October 11, 2020 at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, WA. 215299 (Dean Rutz / The Seattle Times)
Adam Jude  
By 
Seattle Times staff reporter

When in doubt, there’s DK.

DK Metcalf, the Seahawks’ sensational second-year wide receiver, scored the game-winning touchdown on a 6-yard throw from Russell Wilson with 15 seconds left, a diving catch coming across the middle of the end zone to send the Seahawks to another dramatic prime-time victory, 27-26 over the Minnesota Vikings at CenturyLink Field on Sunday night.

“It was a tight window, and he made an unbelievable catch,” Wilson said.

It was the 34th fourth-quarter comeback in Wilson’s nine seasons in Seattle, and the Seahawks are 5-0 for the first time in franchise history. 

“What a great night, man. That was awesome,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. “We’re making memories, you know.” 

hawks-vikes-375x241.gif

Metcalf is starting to build a case as the NFL’s best wide receiver. For the second time this season, he used the Sunday night showcase help that case.

Three weeks ago, he busted the New England secondary — and star cornerback Stephon Gilmore — in a way few receivers have in recent years, finishing that game with four catches for 92 yards, including a 54-yard touchdown in front of Gilmore

Coming into Week 5, Metcalf was tied for the NFL lead in receiving yards (403) and led the league in yards per catch (25.2). Against the Vikings, he finished with six catches for 93 yards and two touchdowns.

Metcalf was asked if he considers himself — five games into his second season — among the NFL’s elite receivers.

“Man, it’s just a blessing to be in a category like that (and) for that question even pop up,” Metcalf said. “But you know, in my mind, I feel like I’m getting to that point. There’s still people in the league that I still look up to, like DeAndre Hopkins, Julio (Jones), Mike Thomas, OBJ (Odell Beckham Jr.). …

“I know my work ethic and how I am as a player. I believe I’m in that realm, but I still have a lot of work to do.”

His first touchdown Sunday came on a bullet from Wilson in the third quarter, a diving grab on a 13-yard strike to give the Seahawks their first lead. As he got to his feet, Metcalf spun around in celebration and flung the football 10 rows into the stands behind the south end zone.

Metcalf was in the middle of almost everything on the 96-yard, game-winning drive.

Six of Wilson’s 12 passing attempts on the final drive were intended for the 6-foot-4, 229-pound Metcalf, who caught three of those targets for 60 yards.

The biggest, of course, was the winning touchdown catch on a left-to-right crossing route in the end zone. But the Seahawks wouldn’t have been in that position without Metcalf’s reception on fourth-and-10 early in the drive, a 39-yard jump-ball grab on a floated pass from Wilson to the Minnesota 38-yard line. 

“I just saw it hanging there and my only thought was to go get the ball,” he said. “That’s what Russ keeps harping on; there’s going to be a game-changer and when the ball is in there it’s always mine. So that was my whole thought process that whole drive.”Metcalf had a chance to win the game on second-and-goal with 28 seconds left. He had the ball in his grasp near the front right pylon, but Minnesota’s Mike Hughes knocked it out as Metcalf fell out of bounds.

Wilson’s next pass, on third-and-goal, was also intended for Metcalf, a corner route that Wilson overthrew at the back corner pylon. The Seahawks called timeout before the final fourth-and-goal play.

“All those reps we’ve practiced in the summer, it showed up tonight in that special moment,” said Wilson, again pointing to the month he spent with Metcalf in Mexico and Southern California this offseason. “That’s why he’s such a star.”

2 hours ago, talisaynon said:

Jets fans are always ******* wrong. Always.

Fans aren’t as wrong as our player selections.  There’s a lot of posters on this site that would have drafted much better players than our actual picks

we just have the wrong people in charge.  Joe D gave me some hope but it’s tough to believe in anything JETS at the moment other than Jamison Crowder. 

JD needs to extend him now so we have 1  -  NFL caliber receiver for a few more years 

The Jets would have been destroyed by EVERYONE if they took Metcalf at #3. How difficult is this to see? DK Metcalf is in the perfect position to thrive. Great veteran QB, great HC , explosive offense in place for multiple years. What do the Jets have? The worst by far of the categories I just mentioned? If the Jets took DK Metcalf at #3, what would have been the chances he turned out more like Julio Jones or Kevin White? Please, the Monday morning Qbs on this board.......

I remember that Joe....But the number three overall pick was WAY too high.  Again, easy to say after the fact, but there wasn't any team taking that chance at that position.

NOW....Had the Jets found a trade partner and moved down into the middle round of the draft.....

40 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

The Jets would have been destroyed by EVERYONE if they took Metcalf at #3. How difficult is this to see? DK Metcalf is in the perfect position to thrive. Great veteran QB, great HC , explosive offense in place for multiple years. What do the Jets have? The worst by far of the categories I just mentioned? If the Jets took DK Metcalf at #3, what would have been the chances he turned out more like Julio Jones or Kevin White? Please, the Monday morning Qbs on this board.......

No need to take Metcalf at 3.  He was drafted 64th overall.  Flip Leo a year earlier for a 2nd and Metcalf is now a Jet catching TDs from Sam