The cold, hard truth - Gase is now ruining Darnold

WowOhWow

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

The worst case scenario is happening.  The only thing we can't allow to happen.  The QB we all waited eons for looks lost, scared and his fundamentals are eroding before our eyes.

We can't let this happen.  I blame Gase.  And I want him gone.

I am lost to understand how anyone on this board can say anything in his defense.  I have no sympathy for you apologists.  I have no patience to listen to your absurd analysis that Gase needs more time for this or that reason.  He's inept.

Why are you still here? You made a big farewell announcement.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The offense was better when Jeremy Bates -- a guy we plucked off the Appalachian Trail -- was running things. 

The talent is bad and needs to be upgraded. But the idea that we cannot judge Gase when he's demonstrably made the offense worse is nonsense, IMO.

Bingo. 
Example: Pats never get low draft picks, have gone through different Offensive and Defensive players over and over and still are competitive every year. It’s not the players

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, funaz said:

I think the issue is Darnold is just not good, and Gase isn't a great coach he's certainly better than bowled was.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Who do you consider a “good” young QB right now? Dak? Minshew? Goff? Josh Allen? Baker? Give me Sam over all those guys honestly. He’s 22 years old, build him a line and get him some weapons. He’ll be fine 

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Is this the best you can add to this thread?  If so, you're a joke.

Read the post.  Watch the games.  We have serious team related issues.  And this is your contribution.

You and your fellow clowns ruin thread after thread.  Do what you want but I'd prefer you just say nothing or go and read and destroy another thread.  I'd prefer to engage with people that bring something to the table.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Is this the best you can add to this thread?  If so, you're a joke.

Read the post.  Watch the games.  We have serious team related issues.  And this is your contribution.

You and your fellow clowns ruin thread after thread.  Do what you want but I'd prefer you just say nothing or go and read and destroy another thread.  I'd prefer to engage with people that bring something to the table.

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

You were saying something about a joke?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Jets: “We’re the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the league. Have very little talent on the roster and will not stand for this!”

Also Jets: “Let’s keep our GM, even though he’s missed on 90%+ of his picks and additions. We’ll fix this problem by hiring the coach from the only team we know for a fact was worse than ours.”

MIA record 2016-18:  23-25, 1 playoff appearance

NYJ record 2016-18:  14-36, no playoff appearances 

I am no Gase apologist...but you last statement is hyperbole. 

I just happen to be of the opinion this team is so devoid of talent, especially on the OL and at the offensive ‘impact’ positions it’s hard to truly know who really Is to blame. we all know Bell’s talent...and he looks like sh*t also behind this line. They can’t run the ball, have no WR with the talent to take over a game and the young QB takes a beating, which I am sure is causing him to regress in terms of his mechanics. 

Mac should have been gone years ago. Gase saw the draft and probably was instrumental in getting Mac fires, so I give him credit for that at least. 

if I were Chris Johnson, I’d be having a lot of heart to heart conversations with my GM right now...he’s supposed to be my ‘football’ guy, and I’d be pressing him for weekly opinions about everyone and everything...players AND Coaching Staff. 

simple fact is making decisions in bad circumstances often leads to bad decisions as figuring out the true cause of this ineptitude which is multifactorial will be hard. 

we have to hope JD can see the ’forest for the trees’ here and knows which way to go. Those saying JD and Gase are buddies which protects Gase...I hope are incorrect. If JD thinks Gase needs to go...so be it. But firing 1st yr HC’s brought in to a bad situation isn’t good ‘street cred’ in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

49 yrs old.  Season ticket holder for many, many years (not anymore).  Always travel to a couple road games a year.  Live out of town and have directv to watch jet games.  NFL game pass to get Jet pre season games.  Haven't missed a single down of Jets football for 30 years.  I'm out until Gase is out.

My wife doesn't believe me.  My kids don't believe me.  I just turned off the TV.  i won't be visiting Jetnation.  I won't be reading any articles.  I'll find out when a friend let's me know.

The team has broken me and I'm out.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and be in a good mood.  Tired of being a laughingstock.  Tired of the excuses.  Tired of the same crappy feeling year in and year out.

Not one to toot own horn but if you knew the cash I dumped into this franchise you'd all puke.  And they've pushed me away.

Hard to believe but Gase was the final straw.  He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

See ya'll.  Always loved reading about our boys on this site.  Maxman - great stuff.

I'm done.

You were saying something about a joke?

You're a thread killer, not even offering an opinion on the topic.  Just being snarky and doing your best to kill this one too.  Great job.  I know guys like you...and I stay as far away as I can.

Just go somewhere else please.

During his post-game interview Darnold said he's had the two worst games of his career.  That is a bold and damning statement.  His OL is virtually the same group it was last year and last year he didn't have Bell or Crowder.  That is a condemnation of Gase and his coaching.

Next week's Toilet Bowl in Miami will be a chance to get Darnold back on track.  If that doesn't happen, we all know who is to blame.  Gase.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Bingo. 
Example: Pats never get low draft picks, have gone through different Offensive and Defensive players over and over and still are competitive every year. It’s not the players

I’ve said this forever... players come and go.  this is top down. No demand of excellence and we get shlt as a product.  

11 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

During his post-game interview Darnold said he's had the two worst games of his career.  That is a bold and damning statement.  His OL is virtually the same group it was last year and last year he didn't have Bell or Crowder.  That is a condemnation of Gase and his coaching.

Next week's Toilet Bowl in Miami will be a chance to get Darnold back on track.  If that doesn't happen, we all know who is to blame.  Gase.

OL the same?

wait...wut?

rookie LT, Off the PS signee LG and a new OC. 

yeah...that’s the same.  

14 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

5B7F72F9-03CB-46AC-9E10-AB76CFC74423.jpeg.cb0ddc3743cf7445d7e70c03e6270100.jpeg

53 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

You're a thread killer, not even offering an opinion on the topic.  Just being snarky and doing your best to kill this one too.  Great job.  I know guys like you...and I stay as far away as I can.

Just go somewhere else please.

He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess.

Go be a quitter somewhere else, quitter.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

... And who still swept us.

I don’t think this fact gets brought up enough. Gase faired we’ll against us. We almost hired Marone from a division rival because he also faired well against us. 

It’s like our ownership is no different than those fans that only pay attention to the Jets, therefore they have no real context when evaluating things league-wide and a huge amount of unhealthy bias.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I don’t think this fact gets brought up enough. Gase faired we’ll against us. We almost hired Marone from a division rival because he also faired well against us. 

It’s like our ownership is no different than those fans that only pay attention to the Jets, therefore they have no real context when evaluating things league-wide and a huge amount of unhealthy bias.

Also part of the reason the Jets traded for Tebow.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

I just happen to be of the opinion this team is so devoid of talent, especially on the OL and at the offensive ‘impact’ positions it’s hard to truly know who really Is to blame. we all know Bell’s talent...and he looks like sh*t also behind this line. They can’t run the ball, have no WR with the talent to take over a game and the young QB takes a beating, which I am sure is causing him to regress in terms of his mechanics. 

Mac should have been gone years ago. Gase saw the draft and probably was instrumental in getting Mac fires, so I give him credit for that at least. 

if I were Chris Johnson, I’d be having a lot of heart to heart conversations with my GM right now...he’s supposed to be my ‘football’ guy, and I’d be pressing him for weekly opinions about everyone and everything...players AND Coaching Staff. 

simple fact is making decisions in bad circumstances often leads to bad decisions as figuring out the true cause of this ineptitude which is multifactorial will be hard. 

we have to hope JD can see the ’forest for the trees’ here and knows which way to go. Those saying JD and Gase are buddies which protects Gase...I hope are incorrect. If JD thinks Gase needs to go...so be it. But firing 1st yr HC’s brought in to a bad situation isn’t good ‘street cred’ in the NFL. 

Perhaps so, but in all honestly ... I’m not wrong.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who do you consider a “good” young QB right now? Dak? Minshew? Goff? Josh Allen? Baker? Give me Sam over all those guys honestly. He’s 22 years old, build him a line and get him some weapons. He’ll be fine 

Hey Baker Mayfield, who has been playing awful all year, was today, surprise, totally schooled by New England....cut him. He’s a bust. (/s)

15 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

street cred in the NFL there are 32 Head coaching jobs in the nfl and other teams have fired coaches after one yr. The cards is an example how is there street cred in the nfl? Someone will always want the challenge the money and the chance to coach in the nfl period, it is worse to keep a guy that looks like he lost the locker room and the players after 8 games in NY, if you want you all that an improvement it took him 2 yrs in Miami.

The point is firing him if he lost the locker room, the ineptitude in offensive game calling, poor game planning sends a message to the players,, future coaches, and the fans that support the team that any form of contestant poor performance is not going to be tolerated. I would agree firing him is bad after a week or two of bad games but after 7 bad games, if anyone else had a run like that we should be fired why are people holding him to a different standard?

17 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Thanks for your contribution.  This comment literally brings nothing to the table.  Nothing.  

Stop wasting people's time.  Start a thread.  Generate some dialogue and discussion.  Contribute to someone else's thread.  The rules are pretty simple.

Or you can continue to be a total @sshole and continue to do what you do.

Bring something to the table please or go away and spend your time in another thread.  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

There will be another 52,000 posts making excuses for Gase and anyone who disagrees is a 15 year old girl

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Adam Gase's last 10 games as an NFL head coach 1-9, 8 total offensive touchdowns.  

Please explain to me why anyone wants this guy around?

If someone can make a compelling argument I will literally change my tune and shut up and go away.

The guy is 1-9.  His offenses don't score.

I said it in another thread that was ripped apart by the apologists...NFL offense has passed Gase by.  It's been a looooong time since anything he's been associated has been good.  Look it up.

but, but ,but he is so good, look at what he did what Manning, lol.

I hated this hire from the get go, tried to get behind him. the lack of coaching ability is evident lets just cut our loses and move on. the line is basically the same as last year, Quincy is hurt same as last year, we have a damn good RB we can't seem to utilize. Kyle Shanahan made Nick Mullens look good. We just got embarrassed by 6th rounder Gardner Minshew. Other NFL teams seem to be able to not fall off a cliff when a QB or other starter is injured.

Gase had been saying he is willing to adapt his system to his players, but all we see is him trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. all. game.... long.

20 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Darnold is doing a fair share of his own ruin. This isn’t all on Gase and Mac for building a sh*t OL. His decision making is all on him and it’s a mess for many reasons. 

I don't  agree. It seems like Darnold is pressing. A HC has to reel him in when he sees that happening. 

19 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Sam is developing a horrible habit of retreating while evading pressure, instead of moving laterally he is drifting back and rolling left or right.  That’s a terrible habit that leads to throws off the back foot.  Not good. 

That's  because he is being told to drop back on his passes. I wonder who could be telling him to do this?

21 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Darnold is doing a fair share of his own ruin. This isn’t all on Gase and Mac for building a sh*t OL. His decision making is all on him and it’s a mess for many reasons. 

Exactly right. I still have hope for him- but yes. He’s been extremely reckless with the football.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Thanks for your contribution.  This comment literally brings nothing to the table.  Nothing.  

Stop wasting people's time.  Start a thread.  Generate some dialogue and discussion.  Contribute to someone else's thread.  The rules are pretty simple.

Bring something to the table please or go away and spend your time in another thread.  Thank you.

You're the one that made the farewell thread like an attention whore and WE'RE the a$$holes for bringing it up.  Funny how that works.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

"He is a fraud, quitter.  Just like me I guess."