FIRE GASE!!

TNJet

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

Not there yet..  He's been pretty bad but so has everyone.  I don't think you can judge him fairly yet.  It's simply not close to the team he had in training camp.. 

Darnold, Quicncy, Herndon, Beachum, Osemele, Mosely, Hewitt, Mcclellan, Anderson, Bellamy, Cannon, Jenkins, Langi, Qvale, Siemian, Avery, Winters etc etc etc..  Insurmountable injury situation thus far.

If they were 1-6 with the Varsity team that's one thing but the O-line is being held together with elmers glue and rubber bands..  it's just that kind of year.

I agree with this post to a degree.  But i stand by my earlier post  Gase hasn't showed anything that tells me he's a good coach..  If this was his first year as a HC I'd be inclined to give me a solid pass and chalk it up to "that kind of year" and say he'll learn from it.  But this isn't his first year as a HC and what plagued him as a HC in Miami is till there.  As a head coach it's his job to play the chess match, make changes in game, scheme to mask the weaknesses of his team.  He's not doing any of that well.

• Upvote 2

There is plenty of blame to go around this season, but it seems that the team, and most importantly, the QB, isn't responding to the HC.  That is a death sentence for a team.  To be fair, Darnold has been wildly inconsistent.  Some of that is clearly his fault,  but much of it falls on bad coaching, game planning,  and play calling.  At the end of the day, the QB is the most important person on the team, so IMO, it's clear that GASE needs to go.  He was supposed to make Sam better and that has not happened, and the Jets can't afford to give him 3 or 4 years to figure it out.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Gase is 1-2 with a healthy Sam Darnold and 2 of those 3 games against the Patriots and Cowboys with a ton of injuries piling up on both sides of the ball. 

The problem ain't Gase. 

SAR I

That would be a fine excuse if players were being beat physically rather than making mistakes. Too many mistakes is a coaching problem.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lounap23 said:

I agree with this post to a degree.  But i stand by my earlier post  Gase hasn't showed anything that tells me he's a good coach..  If this was his first year as a HC I'd be inclined to give me a solid pass and chalk it up to "that kind of year" and say he'll learn from it.  But this isn't his first year as a HC and what plagued him as a HC in Miami is till there.  As a head coach it's his job to play the chess match, make changes in game, scheme to mask the weaknesses of his team.  He's not doing any of that well.

It is definitely concerning that despite the injuries the line continues to look baffled. 

I think it's lazy to continually say the o-line sucks as that's normally associated with players getting beat physically.  Fact of the matter is the majority of the time they're not where they are supposed to be.  That is indicative of poor coaching.

I wouldn't shed any tears if Gase is fired but there's just no way (barring a 1-15 finish) that it happens.  If they have another terrible year next year then it becomes possibility.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

59 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Saw an interesting stat that Gase has more double digits losses as a HC (25) than wins (24). Please get this man far way from this franchise.

Saw an interesting stat, Gase is the only NFL head coach forced to start 3 different quarterbacks in the first 3 games of a season.

Saw an interesting stat, Gase led an NFL team from a 1-4 start to a 10-6 finish.

Saw an interesting stat, Gase led Peyton Manning to the best season in his illustrious career.

Saw an interesting stat, Gase guided Sam Darnold to AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after lying in a hospital bed for a month.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That would be a fine excuse if players were being beat physically rather than making mistakes. Too many mistakes is a coaching problem.

When the backup-to-the-backup linebacker makes a mistake, that's an act of God because that guy isn't supposed to play.

When the Pro Bowl safety blows a sack and it turns into a TD right before he gives up back-to-back personal fouls for 30 yards and another TD, that's on the Pro Bowl safety.

If he's guilty of something, Gase is guilty of faulty judgement; for joining the Jets and their flimsy to begin with.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Saw an interesting stat, Gase is the only NFL head coach forced to start 3 different quarterbacks in the first 3 games of a season.

Saw an interesting stat, Gase led an NFL team from a 1-4 start to a 10-6 finish.

Saw an interesting stat, Gase led Peyton Manning to the best season in his illustrious career.

Saw an interesting stat, Gase guided Sam Darnold to AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after lying in a hospital bed for a month.

SAR I

saw an interesting stat.... Love ya like a brother but your shlt ain’t selling here no mo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When the backup-to-the-backup linebacker makes a mistake, that's an act of God because that guy isn't supposed to play.

When the Pro Bowl safety blows a sack and it turns into a TD right before he gives up back-to-back personal fouls for 30 yards and another TD, that's on the Pro Bowl safety.

If he's guilty of something, Gase is guilty of faulty judgement; for joining the Jets and their flimsy to begin with.

SAR I

Well Gase differs with you. He says its mistakes.

And....

What’s it called when the O line continually allows free rushers on plays where one or more of them are standing atound looking for someone to block?

What’s it called when the HC/OC waits until the 4th quarter to roll the pocket to give his QB time to throw?

What’s it called when you have an all pro RB and can’t open a decent hole for him to hit?

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Saw an interesting stat that Gase has more double digits losses as a HC (25) than wins (24). Please get this man far way from this franchise.

See people didn't see this last year when Bowles played it close to the vest and not to lose.....Bowles was trying to avoid these types of blowouts and people pilloried him for it.......

Was Bowles a GOOD HC....Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo but that tells you all you need to know about Gase :( 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Gase is 1-2 with a healthy Sam Darnold and 2 of those 3 games against the Patriots and Cowboys with a ton of injuries piling up on both sides of the ball. 

The problem ain't Gase. 

SAR I

There is something to be said for injuries but they have been non competitive in 4 of their 6 games.  That's terrible. 

LOL

Went to my grand daughters Pre-K Halloween party Friday.  One of the teachers stupidly came out in a Chuckie costume.  

The reaction from the 4/5 Yo's was, IMO, one of the funniest things I had ever seen...................Until I came on here tonight.  LOL  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I have a stat for you...1-6!!  Aren't you the one who said they would make the playoffs. What are you on? I would have hope if they were losing but showing improvements, but I have seen nothing from this offense or the defense. You can keep on being delusional, it makes great amusement for the rest of us....but on a side note, I truly am sorry on how much you paid for your season tickets this year..LOL

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mosley (6 games)
Darnold (4 games)
Siemean (6 games)
Herndon (7 games)
Enunwa (7 games)
Williamson (7 games)
Osemele (4 games)
Five Assorted Linebackers (7 games)

Those are among the Jets very best players and/or the FA's we were counting on and they have missed the vast majority of the season.  Without those players, we are the 2018 Jets, another 4-12 season.  This isn't on Gase.

And Darnold?  Time to call out the young pup.  He made some very bad throws today.  And Adams?  Worst game he's had as a Jet, 30 yards in critical penalties, busted coverages, blitzes that he couldn't tackle on, just brutal.

SAR I

so what's Gase responsible for? lmfao

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

He was with the Dolphins (who suck) for 3 of those games, had a decimated quarterback (Darnold, Simean gone) for 4 games, and is 1-2 (respectable) with a healthy QB1 and the Patriots and Cowboys in that span.

He's doing the best he can having been dealt a terrible hand.

SAR I

What would you need to see to say he’s not doing a good job? Please paint that picture for us.

11 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

There is plenty of blame to go around this season, but it seems that the team, and most importantly, the QB, isn't responding to the HC.  That is a death sentence for a team.  To be fair, Darnold has been wildly inconsistent.  Some of that is clearly his fault,  but much of it falls on bad coaching, game planning,  and play calling.  At the end of the day, the QB is the most important person on the team, so IMO, it's clear that GASE needs to go.  He was supposed to make Sam better and that has not happened, and the Jets can't afford to give him 3 or 4 years to figure it out.

When Gase finally leaves this team it will look like Miami. A team in total ruins. I’ve had it with his sh*t show. He can’t figure it out. He’s making Sam a worse QB. When you think it can’t any worse than a clueless Bowles team . In walks Gase to make it worse. I’m not buying the injury excuse, not buying the Mac excuse. If you’re a HC in the NFL find a way to put some sort of a respectable product out on that field or get the **** out. I thought Gase would be OK. Wasn’t on the Gase bandwagon but thought it was a fairly decent pick for HC. 

I WAS WRONG. The Jets aren’t going to win with this guy ever. The sooner everyone understands it and moves on the better.

What troubles me about Gase is that he has now said multiple times in pressers that they have not been executing what they are doing in practice. Okay...so logically I think that is when you have to adjust your approach. A coach is a teacher first. If your players aren't getting it for some reason, it is up to you to adjust. The technique isn't there, the energy isn't there. It isn't that our players are being out matched and they are just getting beat due to a lack of skill where you can say...oh we just don't have the players and the players we do have are injured...often the team looks completely lost and that's unfortunately on the coach. 

If the team was fighting and we were just out played due to the lack of skill, I would definitely give Gase the benefit of the doubt. However, he is making it very difficult right now. He should be the calming presence for Darnold and his play calling screams desperation. I am not sure what the answer is because I am not a coach or a GM but, something is not right. Hopefully Douglas can figure it out, even if it means letting his buddy go. 

I'll admit I hate the idea of firing Gase midseason, but at some point you have to step in a protect Darnold if you believe he is your FQB. 

• Sympathy 1

Gets hired by GM and then proceeds to stab him in the back.

Franchise QB regressing on his watch.

Make little or no use of one of the most well rounded (running, recieving) RB's in the NFL

Zero adjustments (Line blocking, play calling)

Osemele getting ready to take Jets to court over shoulder injury.

This guy should be fired today.

• Upvote 2