FIRE GASE!!

TNJet

I don’t believe in firing coaches after one season but I’m leaning that way towards Gase. I’ll probably be there after the inevitable Miami meltdown where we give a tanking team their 1st win of the year. 

Darnold has played terrible by his own merit so far but at what point do you pull the plug on Gase out of fear that he will ruin whatever Darnold is? 

20 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Gase is a bad football coach. 

Look no further than the fact that Gregg Williams is finding ways that late round draft picks and undrafted free agents can contribute on D. But Gase can not figure out how an all pro 3 down RB can contribute on O.

End of story. Bad coach.

Fact if Bates had Bell last year Todd Bowles might still be the HC of the NJY this year!

And Bowles wasn't a GOOD HC!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

End of story. Bad coach.

Mike Tomlin is a bad football coach, can't get his backup quarterback to win, the team looks flat, Steelers looking like a 2-7 team.

End of story.  Bad coach.  Fire Mike Tomlin.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Look no further than the fact that Gregg Williams is finding ways that late round draft picks and undrafted free agents can contribute on D. But Gase can not figure out how an all pro 3 down RB can contribute on O.

End of story. Bad coach.

Gase is uncreative and doesn’t prepare his quarterbacks

• Upvote 1

I am completely against firing a coach after one year. However, this is ridiculous. The most important man in NY is Sam Darnold. Although playoffs was our goal in the off-season, the ultimate goal was to see Sam take another step forward. Unfortunately, he has not. 

In fact, he has taken a step back. This is all with our QB guru calling the plays and being his leader. I ask myself: how did this man play BETTER under Bowles, with Bilal Powell and Eli McGuire as his backs, with Wesley Johnson as his center, with some random receivers. 

The idea of firing Gase is getting ground too. Greeny, yesterday morning mentioned how Gase needs to be fired. Colin Cowherd, yesterday morning mentioned how Gase should be fired. Enough is enough. We made the wrong decision. Can him and bring someone else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If we lose to Miami he probably will be fired. I'm completely indifferent because I don't think he's a "special" coach but I'm convinced that the Oline, injuries, Sams Mono, weak roster are all contributing factors. 

Im sure of one thing, Sams momma is telling Sams poppa, "why, oh why did he have to get drafted by the Jets". 

Just food for thought, all the people on the forum debating on whether JD will fire Gase... After thinking about it... JD can't fire Gase... At all... Gase doesn't report to JD... 

Gase reports to CJ... And after this embarrassment of a season ends... I think he might... But it will take losses to giants, bills again, and any of the winless teams (wash incl. Miami win doesn't count). 

If that happens CJ won't put up with the PR and embarrassment because it will start effecting attendence season ticket sales next year... He will let JD help him find a new coach 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Just food for thought, all the people on the forum debating on whether JD will fire Gase... After thinking about it... JD can't fire Gase... At all... Gase doesn't report to JD... 

Gase reports to CJ... And after this embarrassment of a season ends... I think he might... But it will take losses to giants, bills again, and any of the winless teams (wash incl. Miami win doesn't count). 

If that happens CJ won't put up with the PR and embarrassment because it will start effecting attendence season ticket sales next year... He will let JD help him find a new coach 

we can hope

17 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

this is like a foregone conclusion.  there isn't a single person who is a fan of this horrible franchise that thinks this godforsaken sad excuse for an NFL coach should coach one more single game...he SUCKS.

Wait until we lose the Miami game

I might have to record Beningo’s thermonuclear meltdown the next day

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lots of great coaches have failed early. 

Landry lost his first 10 games. Jimmy Johnson lost his first 8. We all know about BB's first stint in Cleveland, etc. 

I think a big problem with Gase for me is that he isn't a first time guy and he jumped right back into another job after failing in Miami. There are legitimate questions about whether he really learned anything from that experience. He probably could have used a few years to reflect on things as a coordinator. 

There is also a troubling trend of his teams being non-competitive. How many games have the (Gase coached) Jets and Dolphins lost in the last two seasons by more than 10 points? 

I'm not out on Gase yet, but I am extremely concerned. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A Jets fan just called Francesa complaining about the team and how bad the coach is and he kept referring to Sam Darnold as “Darnaud.” Savvy fanbase, Jets fans.

For some reason, about 20% of the people who call WFAN can not pronounce "Darnold." It's been a thing since he was at USC

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If we lose to Miami, I start making plans to trade out of the first overall pick in order to position myself to get Trevor Lawrence in 2021, if necessary. 4D chess

No proof he'll be any better than Darnold. Gase sucks a donkey dck and so does our oline therefore Darnold is struggling. Any QB would.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:07 AM, SAR I said:

Yes, because the expectation going into Week 5 was that Darnold, Herndon, and Mosley were coming back.  And only one of them did.

We are out of players.  The expensive playmakers like Mosley, Enunwa, Herndon, Osemele have played less than a game.  And we lost Darnold for a month and Simian for the year.  What was supposed to fix our offense are sitting on a couch.  What was supposed to fix the middle of our defense is sitting in a rocking chair.  And you want to blame the head coach.  Brilliant.

SAR I

You actually believe that a quality coach like Belichick would have this team at 1-6, regardless of who is injured or healthy?   Brilliant.  Yes it does fall on Gase.  This is the NFL, next man up.

Not SAR I

• Sympathy 1