FIRE GASE!!

TNJet

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mike Tomlin is a bad football coach, can't get his backup quarterback to win, the team looks flat, Steelers looking like a 2-7 team.

End of story.  Bad coach.  Fire Mike Tomlin.

SAR I

Um........ mike tomlin is doing a great job with 2nd and 3rd string qb.

Your fall from grace continues.  You went from funny and witty to absolutely worthless.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If we lose to Miami, I start making plans to trade out of the first overall pick in order to position myself to get Trevor Lawrence in 2021, if necessary. 4D chess

Based solely on players and draft capital, which organization would you rather be running right now, the Jets or Miami? If I cared enough I'd start a poll but I look at Miami's upcoming draft capital and it looks like the better situation to me

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Based solely on players and draft capital, which organization would you rather be running right now, the Jets or Miami? If I cared enough I'd start a poll but I look at Miami's upcoming draft capital and it looks like the better situation to me

I think both are generally ****ed, but I think Flores is truly awful. Gase is no peach, but Flores has that Belichick poseur shtick going on that never works 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think both are generally ****ed, but I think Flores is truly awful. Gase is no peach, but Flores has that Belichick poseur shtick going on that never works 

I couldnt disagree more.  I like flores.  I think the players do too.  He is getting the most out of that team in a truely awful situation.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

For some reason, about 20% of the people who call WFAN can not pronounce "Darnold." It's been a thing since he was at USC

Most of those mouth breathers are also Mets fans and confuse his name with the former Mets catcher Travis D’Arnaud.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, afjetsfan said:

You actually believe that a quality coach like Belichick would have this team at 1-6, regardless of who is injured or healthy?   Brilliant.  Yes it does fall on Gase.  This is the NFL, next man up.

Not SAR I

Yeah, compare Gase and his new staff to the greatest coaching staff in NFL history. 

Get your expectations in check already.  This is a 4-12 team that could have been better if all the difference-makers didn’t all get hurt at once.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Um........ mike tomlin is doing a great job with 2nd and 3rd string qb.

Yes, with 2 wins against the winless Bengals and the winless Dolphins while the immortal Luke Falk only needed to win at Philadelphia and at New England. Unprepared! Fire Gase!

SAR I

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, compare Gase and his new staff to the greatest coaching staff in NFL history. 

Get your expectations in check already.  This is a 4-12 team that could have been better if all the difference-makers didn’t all get hurt at once.

SAR I

SAR I with all due respect what are you watching, the play calling has been terrible game in and game out, with the exception fo the Dallas game. 

1 game was all it took me to see Luke Falk was a failure we needed another QB. 

If this continues we will be lucky to win another game. 

Gase has made 0 adjustments in all the losses. 

joewilly12

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This was not a rebuild until this week.  Gase is rebuilding cause he blew the first half of the season.

This isn't a rebuild.  Did you bother to listen to the entire Douglas press conference or did you turn it off before he made it clear that he believes there is strong talent on the team but it's not on the field, because it's injured?  And that he believes in Gase and Darnold, they were both hit with extenuating circumstances?

I'm sorry your Bills lost.  Doesn't give you a license to sh:t-stir without merit.

SAR I

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with all due respect what are you watching, the play calling has been terrible game in and game out, with the exception fo the Dallas game. 

1 game was all it took me to see Luke Falk was a failure we needed another QB. 

If this continues we will be lucky to win another game. 

Gase has made 0 adjustments in all the losses. 

joewilly12

jw12 I like you, you know this, so please take this in the manner in which its intended:

You are a loyal Jets fan for a very long time, and as such you are too punch-drunk to see what's going on here.  You are being played by the media, worked into a frenzy, chasing a ghost that doesn't exist.  Gase is a good coach in an unwinnable situation.  You can't win with a third string QB, and you can't win with the worst OL in the NFL.  He was asked to do both things in a span of a few weeks.  And against the meaty, tough part of our schedule.

The Jets are a ship without a sail.  So you can't blame the captain.  You can blame God or you can blame Maccagnan. 

SAR I

A coach may not be expected to win with poor personnel but he can give his team a chance to win or look good and make it tough on other teams. 

You look at the limitations and weaknesses and do things to account for them.  You look at the other teams weakness and get something put of them.

Gase has done neither.  He is supposed to be an offensive coach thus the expectation is he is going to maybe not win tons of games but make the offense look semi functional.

People were skeptical the last few years when I said guys like Gailey and Morton and Bates where utterly heroic in getting some function out of the bad talent.  Gase has done much worse than these guys.  He's a bad offensive coach, he's not a worse head coach.

Too bad we are going to be stuck with him for two more years minimum.

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A coach may not be expected to win with poor personnel but he can give his team a chance to win or look good and make it tough on other teams. 

You look at the limitations and weaknesses and do things to account for them.  You look at the other teams weakness and get something put of them.

Gase has done neither.  He is supposed to be an offensive coach thus the expectation is he is going to maybe not win tons of games but make the offense look semi functional.

People were skeptical the last few years when I said guys like Gailey and Morton and Bates where utterly heroic in getting some function out of the bad talent.  Gase has done much worse than these guys.  He's a bad offensive coach, he's not a worse head coach.

Too bad we are going to be stuck with him for two more years minimum.

It's like people just forget that this team was playing great at the end of the season, Darnold was lighting it up. We signed ******* bell and now have one of the if not worst off in the NFL.

Gase is Terrible.

I get we were desperate to get a HC and most likey Gase was best we could get but the guy is bad and not just like bad but terrible, he is regressing Darnold with his ineptness and on top of that has no idea how to call plays. Bell got 9 touches last week. 

He needs to have a nagy moment and correct his sh*t. 

We have talent just not the gameplan to give them a chance. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Barkus said:

Most of those mouth breathers are also Mets fans and confuse his name with the former Mets catcher Travis D’Arnaud.

You aren’t kidding I was listening to Francesa yesterday every guido from Staten Island and Brooklyn calls him “Sam D’arneau”

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

jw12 I like you, you know this, so please take this in the manner in which its intended:

You are a loyal Jets fan for a very long time, and as such you are too punch-drunk to see what's going on here.  You are being played by the media, worked into a frenzy, chasing a ghost that doesn't exist.  Gase is a good coach in an unwinnable situation.  You can't win with a third string QB, and you can't win with the worst OL in the NFL.  He was asked to do both things in a span of a few weeks.  And against the meaty, tough part of our schedule.

The Jets are a ship without a sail.  So you can't blame the captain.  You can blame God or you can blame Maccagnan. 

SAR I

SAR I we need to see more from Adam Gase I agree under different terms namely a better roster. 

I like Adam Gase I supported the hiring. 

The play calling has been horrendous regardless of the players. 

Adam Gase has not impressed in the least bit. 

joewilly12

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I we need to see more from Adam Gase I agree under different terms namely a better roster. 

I like Adam Gase I supported the hiring. 

The play calling has been horrendous regardless of the players. 

Adam Gase has not impressed in the least bit. 

joewilly12

The play calling is limited by the quality of the offensive line.  If they can't give your QB 3 seconds then you can't run 3 second patterns.  Everything winds up short and predictable.

There's a reason teams spend so much time developing an offensive line, it's like watching grass grow.  Because it's really important and it's really hard.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The play calling is limited by the quality of the offensive line.  If they can't give your QB 3 seconds then you can't run 3 second patterns.  Everything winds up short and predictable.

There's a reason teams spend so much time developing an offensive line, it's like watching grass grow.  Because it's really important and it's really hard.

SAR I

Quick slants from the shotgun position would be suffice. 

Roll Darnold out where he excels. 

Play action plays. 

Screen plays to Bell where he excels. 

Flea flicker. 

Besides the awful wildcat crap early on what creativity have we seen. 

Even with a turnstile offensive line we should still be able to run something besides backwards passes,2 yard passes and draw plays. 

Adam Gase supposed be an offensive minded HC and a QB whisperer. 

COME ON MAN 

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Quick slants from the shotgun position would be suffice. 

Roll Darnold out where he excels. 

Play action plays. 

Screen plays to Bell where he excels. 

Flea flicker. 

Besides the awful wildcat crap early on what creativity have we seen. 

Even with a turnstile offensive line we should still be able to run something besides backwards passes,2 yard passes and draw plays. 

Adam Gase supposed be an offensive minded HC and a QB whisperer. 

COME ON MAN 

joewilly12 

We did all of that.  And Jacksonville's strong Front 7 stopped it all.

It will work this Sunday.  Not because Gase is smarter; because the defense is weaker.  We are crippled by injuries on our O.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We did all of that.  And Jacksonville's strong Front 7 stopped it all.

It will work this Sunday.  Not because Gase is smarter; because the defense is weaker.  We are crippled by injuries on our O.

SAR I

The play calling vs Jacksonville was terrible. 

We did nothing to adjust or scheme for our personnel. 

So far in all the losses Gase has been bad with the exception of the Bills game where a decent kicker wins us that game. 

Heres to hoping things get better every week we make excuses and hope for the next week. 

joewilly12