Minshew > Darnold

Dunnie

33 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Lets put Minshew in Gase's scheme and oline. Lets see how good that bytch is. Darnold > Minshew.

Exactly, but more importantly put the SAME Jet players around Minshew.

I just saw that Bell had 23 yards on 9 carries today.  Does Le’Veon Bell “suck”?  Has he even had a carry for 15 yards over his 7 game Jet career?

Darnold made some bad mistakes today, some poor decisions...and it’ll continue because of the horrific Maccagnan team that surrounds him.

The ONLY way to fix this is to get some NFL players on this team.

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I just saw that Bell had 23 yards on 9 carries today.  Does Le’Veon Bell “suck”?  Has he even had a carry for 15 yards over his 7 game Jet career?

Darnold made some bad mistakes today, some poor decisions...and it’ll continue because of the horrific Maccagnan team that surrounds him.

Nope Bell is great. Shyt oline plus shyt play calling equals shyt performances all round. Soon to be the worst Jet record since Kotite.

• Upvote 1

It's still Sunday and this place has gone full scale dumb down. Should be a fun werk

QB experts that can't fathom the QBs are playing on two different teams, vastly different OLs facing vastly different DLs and expecting what exactly?  

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hed had the most turnovers of any power 5 qbs his last year in college.  Hes always been a turnover machine.

WTF, you add in fumbles and think that has anything to do with Darnold today?  

He had 13 INTs, Watson his last season had 17.  On a national champ team.  

20 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I bet Minshwe doesn't throw 7 ints in 2 games 

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I’ll bet he throws 5....I’ll bet he gets sacked even more times than Darnold did.

The 2019 NY Jets are NOT an NFL team, with that exception of a handful of players.

Darnold sucks. Spare me the bullsh*t. He is as much the problem as Gase is. all 3 ints were on Darnold today not the oline or Gase. Even the one he broke away from the sack then through a terrible pass. 

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Darnold sucks. Spare me the bullsh*t. He is as much the problem as Gase is. all 3 ints were on Darnold today not the oline or Gase. Even the one he broke away from the sack then through a terrible pass. 

In 3 games RJ Barrett of the Knicks has shown more than Darnold in 2 years

And I’m a Darnold supporter

2 weeks ago, I would have told you that I was confident in Darnold and the likelihood that he would develop into a franchise QB someday.  Now, I am not so sure.  Honestly, I have no idea what he could be.  Right now, he is not a good NFL QB -- hopefully that changes in the next 8 weeks.

But the plan for the next season and a half should be the same regardless.   Add young talent to the offensive side of the ball in the draft and upgrade the offense with some established vets in FA.  Give Darnold a fighing chance next season with at least a mediocre OL and some decent weapons.  If he still sucks over the next 24 games, then move on, but at least lets make sure we have a foundation in place for the next QB to succeed.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

2 weeks ago, I would have told you that I was confident in Darnold and the likelihood that he would develop into a franchise QB someday.  Now, I am not so sure.  Honestly, I have no idea what he could be.  Right now, he is not a good NFL QB -- hopefully that changes in the next 8 weeks.

But the plan for the next season and a half should be the same regardless.   Add young talent to the offensive side of the ball in the draft and upgrade the offense with some established vets in FA.  Give Darnold a fighing chance next season with at least a mediocre OL and some decent weapons.  If he still sucks over the next 24 games, then move on, but at least lets make sure we have a foundation in place for the next QB to succeed.

Yep.  That's all they really can do at this point. 

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I like Minshew, he's going to be a good QB. Darnold isn't playing well lately but I still believe in his potential.

I don't know about this coach/scheme - I worry it's going to set back his development.

I think setting back his development isn't even a question anymore. Sam looks fundamentally worse than he did at any point during his rookie season. 

Last year Sam would make rookie mistakes but I felt like he always pretty quickly bounced back and corrected himself, to at least some degree. This year  that bad play has become his norm. The mistakes are worse than last year and he doesn't seem to be showing the ability he had to brush stuff off and compose himself after he screws up. He doesn't look like the same player anymore. His development being stopped/thrown off isn't even a question. I'm getting seriously worried they are going to ruin the kid. 

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Here's the way I would ask this question.

You could have Darnold and the 4th round pick it took to get Minshew, or...

You have Minshew, plus the 6th pick in the 1st round AND 3 second round picks.

Now which one do you want?

Thought I heard them say during the game that Minshew was a 6th rounder?( Not that it matters ). 

I'm probably mistaken. Lately I find myself disassociating during the trauma. 

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Minshew is in the better situation but he's also a better player.  Sad but true. 

It’s definitely possible, although I don’t believe so. The funniest is those that point out the obvious that jags are a superior team than the Jets think that ends the argument of Darnold versus Minshew. It is a consideration, not a conclusion.

It is still appropriate to compare players on different teams.