Minshew > Darnold

Dunnie

36 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Behind that O-Line, no QB can function. Darnaold isn't the problem.

Actually we don’t know if he is the problem. If “no Qb” can operate behind our OL, how can you differentiate the good from the bad? The line definitely sucks but Darnold is still largely an unknown. That doesn’t mean he is automatically good just because he is in a trash situation.

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

Actually we don’t know if he is the problem. If “no Qb” can operate behind our OL, how can you differentiate the good from the bad? The line definitely sucks but Darnold is still largely an unknown. That doesn’t mean he is automatically good just because he is in a trash situation.

I agree with you. But I would be very hesitant to give up on him at this point. 

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  The delusion regarding Sam Trubisky around here is off the charts.  Gardner Minshew is 10 times the qb Sam is.  

If you had to pick today you’d have to pick Minshew. God it hurts sometimes to be a Jets fan.

Cant believe Foles hasn’t been traded yet

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you had to pick today you’d have to pick Minshew. God it hurts sometimes to be a Jets fan.

Cant believe Foles hasn’t been traded yet

Minshew is the next tony romo.  He has a bright future in this league and is a dog out there.  Fierce competitor.  Minshew wants to rip your heart and and show it to you before stomping on it.  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Minshew is the next tony romo.  He has a bright future in this league and is a dog out there.  Fierce competitor.  Minshew wants to rip your heart and and show it to you before stomping on it.  

Love Minshew after Cam went down grabbed him in my dynasty league. Love his swag.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Uh... ok ? 

I cannot believe the level of Danold hate here.  The kid has played 17 games and we're giving up on him already.  That's INSANE!  He has played under duress in every one of his 17 games because of an historically bad offensive line and poor coaching.  Give him a break until at least the O line is overhauled (hopefully) next year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Minshew is on a far superior team. It's easy for him to look better. 

Darnold has some things he needs to correct but I've seen more than enough good things from him to know he's being let down by poor coaching and an atrocious O-Line.

absolutely right.  minshew benefits from fournette being able to run the ball.  even taking away the 67 yard td run, fournette was the difference between minshew succeeding and failing.  and, of course that includes the jax oline.

44 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I cannot believe the level of Danold hate here.  The kid has played 17 games and we're giving up on him already.  That's INSANE!  He has played under duress in every one of his 17 games because of an historically bad offensive line and poor coaching.  Give him a break until at least the O line is overhauled (hopefully) next year.  

it's not hate we'd all just rather have an undersized 6th rounder starting instead 

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

Let’s propose they trade us Munshew for Darnold, hmmm shall we? Wanna see how fast they rob us? 

3 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Exactly

The Jax fans would revolt if they traded Minshew for Darnold. The train carrying "teams who think Darnold is a can't miss superstar" has left the station.  

That organization was laughing at Sam yesterday with the airplane/banner thing, and the mascot zip lining in to the stadium in a ghost uniform. Not to mention playing Darnold's ints on the board while the Ghostbusters theme was playing. 

The correct question here should be, who would you pick, knowing Darnold would cost you the 6th pick in the draft plus 3 second rounders, or Minshew who would cost only a 6th rounder?

Forget the fact that Minshew is a rookie, and is already outplaying Sam. 

Pre-draft, one scout compared his footwork to a “cow on skates”. Guess we’re seeing that now. Yikes.

I called it out during training camp and was lectured about how some QBs just have unorthodox mechanics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Darnold is so much more talented it's a comical thread to start. What happened when Darnold wasn't running for his life? They went on long drives and scored. Imagine if he had a solid O-line?

I don't know about "so much more" talented. But, very true, it's hard to show that talent when nobody is protecting you, from an OL that gets beat by multiple dudes most obvious passing downs, to receivers with little awareness of when the QB is in trouble, to coaching that doesn't seem responsive to obvious deficiencies.

I mean Darnold's no Russell Wilson or Mahomes. He's basically Dak Prescott at this point.