Douglas Has To Fix This

Grandy

He's the only higher up who will (and should) stay past this season.

Trade anyone you can get value from (not 1 player should be safe) and park as many scouts as possible at Bama, Clemson, LSU, and Oregon games. This team needs a full rebuild from coaching, to the JAGs themselves. 

Douglas' track record so far is botching a kicker, handing the Patriots what's essentially a 5th rounder for Demariyus Thomas, and setting the Jets up for one hell of a lawsuit with the whole Osemele thing. He also hasn't said sh*t about any of this. Maybe he can draft, who knows, but all signs point to him probably being the next in a long line of faces that the Jets prop up for the blame game to compensate for the fact that these problems stem from the Johnsons.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Douglas' track record so far is botching a kicker, handing the Patriots what's essentially a 5th rounder for Demariyus Thomas, and setting the Jets up for one hell of a lawsuit with the whole Osemele thing. He also hasn't said sh*t about any of this. Maybe he can draft, who knows, but all signs point to him probably being the next in a long line of faces that the Jets prop up for the blame game to compensate for the fact that these problems stem from the Johnsons.

You can't say anything concrete on a GM without a single draft or FA under his belt. Chances are high he doesn't work out, but he's on the book for 5 years and is our only hope.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Other than the Johnsons having nothing to do with anything you said you make some good points.

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That 6th round trade is the only reason these Jets had offense past the first drive. That trade has been a success so far.  6th round picks have about a 8% chance of ever being on a 53 man roster. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Remember when you said all of the things for the last ten years and literally not one thing actually turned into a thing

no.  but I do understand your desire to attack the messenger with slanderous falsehoods.

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Truth... I have not been impressed, let’s not forget Ryan Khalil… Awesome move(not)

15 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Fire Gase!! That is all!! 

This gets tossed around a lot, but do any of the fire Gase crowd really believe this will happen anytime soon? The relationship between Douglas and Gase not withstanding, does anyone think there's a remote chance that J&J eats Gase salary. There's a better chance of the Jets winning the rest of their games and then winning the superbowl than this happening anytime soon

Just now, billo83 said:

This gets tossed around a lot, but do any of the fire Gase crowd really believe this will happen anytime soon? The relationship between Douglas and Gase not withstanding, does anyone think there's a remote chance that J&J eats Gase salary. There's a better chance of the Jets winning the rest of their games and then winning the superbowl than this happening anytime soon

"FIRE GASE THAT IS ALL!!"

24 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Give me a break! Douglas has no culpability with this team. Gase on the other hand should be evaluated.

27 minutes ago, Grandy said:

He's the only higher up who will (and should) stay past this season.

Trade anyone you can get value from (not 1 player should be safe) and park as many scouts as possible at Bama, Clemson, LSU, and Oregon games. This team needs a full rebuild from coaching, to the JAGs themselves. 

Gase will be staying also just so you know. But I agree with what you're saying. Douglas in all seriousness, has to completely build this team from the ground up. There's a few pieces here....Adams, Bell, Darnold, Mosley, to a lesser degree some nice complimentary players Crowder, Hairston, Cashman, Griffin. But the rest of the team is a train wreck that Mac built. They are so brutally lacking talent that it's "take your pick" on where to get started? I would start with the OL.

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think the pitch forks will now be out. Anyone who thinks the Kotite 1-15 season was worse, needs to take a review.

This is an epically bad Oline, that’s totally ruined Darnold. We have zero offence.

Im all in for full tank, trade everyone.

"FIRE GASE THAT IS ALL!!!"

• Thumb Down 1

Any chance the Jets went low key full tank before the season started.   I mean everyone knew this team was not a contender with a lot of holes and if everything went right maybe maybe 9-7 or 10-6 but more likely 8-8.   So why not trade L Williams. When you have his replacement in Q Williams and 2 young players in Phillips and Fatukasi. And Robby Anderson is a good player but definitely expendable if you can get a good pick for him.  Especially in a contract year. And if you can get a high pick to trade down and stick pile picks.  Why not.  Miami did it, more obviously.    

I mean seriously .... Mono.   has to be a made up injury. LOL

IDK feels like the only explanation to this mess

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nice slanted post with no objectivity whatsoever. He also had his hands tied behind his back given the timing of his hire. He's also acquired Ryan Griffin, Nate Hairston. He'll soon be trading away some players to gather picks. You make it sound like he's Mac all over again. That's nonsense.

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think the pitch forks will now be out. Anyone who thinks the Kotite 1-15 season was worse, needs to take a review.

This is an epically bad Oline, that’s totally ruined Darnold. We have zero offence.

Im all in for full tank, trade everyone.

I remember that season well. That team was actually competitive in almost every game. They certainly weren't quitters. This team has already mailed it in. The team and culture reminds me of the teams in the late 70's and the latter half of the Walton era when they were setting fires in the stands

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, billo83 said:

I remember that season well. That team was actually competitive in almost every game. They certainly weren't quitters. This team has already mailed it in. The team and culture reminds me of the teams in the late 70's and the latter half of the Walton era when they were setting fires in the stands

The full Revolt will be on, it’s heart breaking since that line is so horrible it’s unfixable. I’d fire Frank Pollock tonight.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Nice slanted post with no objectivity whatsoever. He also had his hands tied behind his back given the timing of his hire. He's also acquired Ryan Griffin, Nate Hairston. He'll soon be trading away some players to gather picks. You make it sound like he's Mac all over again. That's nonsense.

Nonsense is the BS this franchise shoves down your throat every single time they turnover the front office and coaching staff. Nothing ever works. Far more likely Douglas is just a figure like the rest of these guys.