Sam Darnold turnovers

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

No it would be preferable if his brain had a split second to process where he is throwing the ball before he is on the ground. No qb is going to find sucess behind an offensive line like this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

None of his INTs today were due to pressure.  Nor was his pitiful 4th down throw.  Truth is, you’re using a terrible team, to ignore Darnold’s performance because you don’t want to believe what’s happening.  I don’t like it either, I’m just not in denial.

• Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

He's got nothing to work with. If you get your hard beat in the way he is you are inevitably going to start making mistakes. We need to cut the kid some slack.

39 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

No it would be preferable if his brain had a split second to process where he is throwing the ball before he is on the ground. No qb is going to find sucess behind an offensive line like this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

No one is saying that he has the greatest team surrounding him, but lets be real, those 3 INT's were bad throws especially that 2nd INT which was a complete overthrow while in a clean pocket with no pressure. 

Or how about Sam's last pass in the game which was an overthrow to a wide open Crowder which would have converted to a 1st down? 

This is the problem with fans. You cant criticize a player without things getting so extreme. It's obvious that the team is deficient of elite talent, but Sam has been touted as having elite traits which is supposed to compensate for some of the issues on the team, and lets forget the picks, how many times is Sam going to overthrow wide open receivers and then we turn around and blame the receives...like Robby Anderson? 

We're so quick to cut up on Robby with no one willing to be sensible about the situation when it comes to the QB accuracy. Yet when it comes to talking about the QB's we have to take into consideration every nook and cranny. 

Look, when Sam has the time, has the space, he has to make the defense pay. That's all im saying. Dont throw bad picks and overthrows and expect me to explain it away. 

• Upvote 1

The turnovers are a big problem. Some of them are inexcusable.

Whether or not anyone wants to admit it or not, if Darnold took a sack or threw the ball out of bounds every time he was pressured, the Jets would average about 50 yards of offense a game.

Some of the turnovers are purely on him.  Some of them are due to the fact that he absolutely has to carry nearly all of the offensive load for the team(even with Bell, who Gase can't figure out how to use).  

I'm not sure any of the Young QBs that came into the league recently would thrive in this situation.  Not even Mahomes. There is certainly blame on Darnold's end, but this situation with the roster and coach seems like 95 and 96 all over again.

• Upvote 2

Let’s see..8 sacks today, nuff said.

oh not reason enough? Allow me to continue:

This OL is inept and void of talent;

Kalil should have stayed retired;

Beachum is mediocre at best but now injured  The left tackle experiment has been an absolute failure;

the running game is non existent. Or better yet, it’s become a guaranteed 2 yard play;

His number 2 receiver wasn’t even on the team come game 1;

Crowder can’t seem to get open since game 1.  (Double teamed? Perhaps);

his #1 tight end hasn’t seen the field since pre season ;

penalties just when you don’t need one seem to happening = undisciplined;

yeah, let’s blame the 22 year old.

with such a sh*tty OL in front of him, you damn right he’s seeing ghosts and hearing footsteps.

26 minutes ago, nico002 said:

yes let’s take a 2 game sample size and extrapolate for the rest of the season 

the INTs that he is throwing are not concerning to me

if he was not seeing open receivers, and throwing picks due to inaccuracy I’d be concerned 

he’s trying to make chicken salad out chicken sh*t

but he is missing open recievers, and his picks are because of inaccuracy. 

While Darnold needs to make a significant jump in his play it’s hard to be consistently successful behind this OLine. And hopefully this get fixed quickly because it will be a detriment long term especially since any QB will be 2nd guessing himself having this type of protection.

8 minutes ago, Welp said:

While Darnold needs to make a significant jump in his play it’s hard to be consistently successful behind this OLine. And hopefully this get fixed quickly because it will be a detriment long term especially since any QB will be 2nd guessing himself having this type of protection.

This is fair. Though when Darnold has a clean pocket he's overthrowing receivers and throwing INT's. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sam has thrown 8 INT's in the 3 games since his return, and is averaging 3.5 INTS and 1 fumble per game over the last two games. I didn't even bother to count the sacks.

Sam's 16 game average is on pace for 20 TD's and 32 INT's based on his play this season. 

That's not good. 

GFY and go become a Browns fan. It is bad enough we suck but being subjected to all this extra shiiit from you and the other Darnold sucks jackoff trolls is getting REALLY fuuccking old.

50 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

None of his INTs today were due to pressure.  Nor was his pitiful 4th down throw.  Truth is, you’re using a terrible team, to ignore Darnold’s performance because you don’t want to believe what’s happening.  I don’t like it either, I’m just not in denial.

The problem is this is almost the stat for stat track record of guys with his amount of experience in college. It's not like Darnold is an anomaly.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

GFY and go become a Browns fan. It is bad enough we suck but being subjected to all this extra shiiit from you and the other Darnold sucks jackoff trolls is getting REALLY fuuccking old.

You can feel how you want to feel. I've been a Jets fan for 25 years. Im going to say WTF I want about this team on this forum. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I don't deny it either on the past two performances, but it seems like a small sample to pass judgement on for long term. 

If someone were to chart internet fan sentiment on young QBs (not just Sam) on a weekly basis you'd see a crazy zigzaggy mess - Sam's played poorly, but this kid has talent, rest of season has to be about trying to get him back into form, before making real assessment in the off season. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

This team is just cursed, really no two ways about it. Even iff they had drafted Mahomes or Watson, they'd find some way to ruin them also. 

Pretty much.  There’s just no way that any qb would succeed with this team.  In addition to all the sacks they have zero running game.  Darnold knows he has to do it basically all by himself and he’s pressing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

What Darnold is doing right now is nothing short of heroic.  We've had three QB's behind that line and every single one has been beaten to a pulp.  There's literally no way to judge Darnold based on the play of the offense because there is nothing he or anyone else can do to "step up".  If Darnold sucks, then so does Lev Bell.  So does Jamison Crowder and Demarious Thomas and Robby anderson.  No one is doing anything because there is no run blocking and lining up behind their pass pro is suicide.  Darnold is sacked, hurried and knocked down at an unheard of rate.  Our second string QB is on IR, our third barely survived and was cut and our starter is playing after a bout of mono, a toenail removal and a taped throwing wrist.  I've never seen a line perform so badly, honestly, and I've been around a while.

Is it just me or on the few occasions Darnold gets a semi adequate amount of time to throw on a particular drive....the result is usually a TD drive?

Worst OLine I think the Jets have EVER had.  And that’s difficult to say.

Lev Bell had 9 carries for 23 yards today.  I don’t recall any single carry of his going 15+ yards over any of his 7 games with the Jets.  Exactly, Bell must s*ck too.

I’m pretty certain that Darnold does not play the entire season.  Unfortunately he is going to take a season ending injury.  It’s just a matter of time.  This OL should be put out of its misery.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Mayfield looks like garbage, and that’s with a much, much, did I say much? Better team around him.

Mayfield’s career is not over.  He has lots of talent, as does Sam Darnold.

2 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

What Darnold is doing right now is nothing short of heroic.  We've had three QB's behind that line and every single one has been beaten to a pulp.  There's literally no way to judge Darnold based on the play of the offense because there is nothing he or anyone else can do to "step up".  If Darnold sucks, then so does Lev Bell.  So does Jamison Crowder and Demarious Thomas and Robby anderson.  No one is doing anything because there is no run blocking and lining up behind their pass pro is suicide.  Darnold is sacked, hurried and knocked down at an unheard of rate.  Our second string QB is on IR, our third barely survived and was cut and our starter is playing after a bout of mono, a toenail removal and a taped throwing wrist.  I've never seen a line perform so badly, honestly, and I've been around a while.

Almost every thread here today should end with this picture. This is the main reason we're years away yet again. 

usatsi_10387176.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Blame the O-Line and lack of receiving talent all you want. The reality is he threw off his back foot all day last week. He continues to be inaccurate on intermediate and deep passes. He continues to overthrow or under throw receivers. A QB has to throw over the defender. There is a margin for error since the receiver will be looking back to slow up on his route if needed. But Sam's wildly under thrown balls are an issue. Short of curl routes, there is zero reason for his ball placement. He isn't expecting his receivers to come back on the ball. For a tight end or wide receiver, the ball coming their way is an absolute nightmare. Sam needs work. 

4 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Are Le’Veon Bell, DT and Crowder throwing picks, giving the other team more possessions and carelessly throwing off their back foot? Sam Darnold plays QB. The impact of n the game from that position is greater than RB or WR. You have the ball from the start of that play. YOU decide if that ball goes into the defenders hands, out of bounds or to an open man. Sam Darnold is the catalyst to this. No anyone else. You CANNOT kill yourself with interceptions when your team already can’t come back from two possession leads. Stop making ******* excuses for the kid. He’s been playing like ass and outside of 4-5 games, has showed NO type of indication he can be the man for 10+ years. You show you can be the man for 10+ when you show consistency. So far the only thing consistent about his play is TURNOVERS.