Game of inches

nico002

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

If Darnold under throws Robby he scores the deep TD despite being held. Gives him 300 yards 3 TDs and the comeback win 

Instead the offense gets put into 2nd 24 on their own 10 on the next series... rest is history 

This.  We were so close to the win today, just a shame.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Your right. Darnold has missed Robbie on two big routes and it cost us two wins.

Football isn't a game of inches, it's a game of 3-5 impact plays. You win those plays you win the game

If Darnold under throws Robby he scores the deep TD despite being held. Gives him 300 yards 3 TDs and the comeback win 
Instead the offense gets put into 2nd 24 on their own 10 on the next series... rest is history 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

Your right. Darnold has missed Robbie on two big routes and it cost us two wins.

Football isn't a game of inches, it's a game of 3-5 impact plays. You win those plays you win the game

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

He didn’t miss Robby. Robby was held so he couldn’t make it to the ball... it was a good throw. Had Darnold underthrown it ...

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t work that way and what if one or two more plays were worse? Then the loss is even more embarrassing. You’re trying to cherry pick. Usually people peak in their belief of magical thinking at 7-10 years old. Jets fans develop slowly in this regard.

50 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is this the Darnold apology tour? Looking forward to the next one 

It’s this week’s version of it. Give nico 5 more days, about 12 arguments with other posters, and 8 threads started with excuses for Darnold. By Saturday he’ll get frustrated and post “Ok, enough, you guys suck. On to Miami”...

Having a hard time getting over this play- have watched it about 30 times. This should have been a 99 yard orgasm.

Im not making excuses for any one, just letting my frustration out. The margin between ecstasy and misery in this game was razor thin... 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nico002 said:

And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

• Upvote 1

I love these kinds of hypotheticals. Cherry pick one moment to flip in our favor when there are dozens that could flip against us to have made the outcome even worse.

”You are what your record says you are.” Was true when the Tuna said it and it remains true today.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

I love these kinds of hypotheticals. Cherry pick one moment to flip in our favor when there are dozens that could flip against us to have made the outcome even worse.

”You are what your record says you are.” Was true when the Tuna said it and it remains true today.

That’s an overly simplistic way of looking at things. Not all plays and moments are created equal. Can you name a single other play that had the potential momentum swing of that moment? 

28 minutes ago, nico002 said:

That’s an overly simplistic way of looking at things. Not all plays and moments are created equal. Can you name a single other play that had the potential momentum swing of that moment? 

You’re missing the point but I’ll grant perhaps I didn’t explain it well enough. But I’m also not interested enough to explain :) 

49 minutes ago, nico002 said:

That’s an overly simplistic way of looking at things. Not all plays and moments are created equal. Can you name a single other play that had the potential momentum swing of th

16 hours ago, nico002 said:

Im am convinced this is Greg Buttle posting.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1