Thank God we didn't draft Josh Allen

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Not one pick of the Macc era was a clear cut good pick. Not one. Every single pick is debatable, including Adams and Darnold (for prioritization and costs paid, respectively).

I actually am trying to think of 1, only thing I can come up with is Maye and I’m not even sure that’s right

At least I stick to my guns unlike a lot of posters who put someone in the hall one week and cut them the next. 
Anyway. Allen got his sacks today but nothing else. He’ll do zero against a good team. Is he better then Q absolutely, does he add wins to the current Jets team or help Darnold? absolutely not. Drafting a one dimensional passrusher who can’t stop the run or get away from good blockers instead of trying to help the most important player on the team (QB) is pointless. 

Draft and add players to help the QB first then worry about defense. 

• Upvote 1

At least I stick to my guns unlike a lot of posters who put someone in the hall one week and cut them the next. 
Anyway. Allen got his sacks today but nothing else. He’ll do zero against a good team. Is he better then Q absolutely, does he add wins to the current Jets team or help Darnold? absolutely not. Drafting a one dimensional passrusher who can’t stop the run or get away from good blockers instead of trying to help the most important player on the team (QB) is pointless. 

What you call “sticking to your guns” I call being stubbornly obtuse and not incorporating new information.

I wanted OL too. But in a stick and pick situation at 3, the pick should have been a pass rusher. Like Allen or Ed Oliver.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

What you call “sticking to your guns” I call being stubbornly obtuse and not incorporating new information.

I wanted OL too. But in a stick and pick situation at 3, the pick should have been a pass rusher. Like Allen or Ed Oliver.

Or Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. If you couldn't trade out to get more assets to help the offense, which would have been great, and had to stick, Q was absolutely the worst possible pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Man we dodged a bullet, huh?  Q is such a difference maker, a generational talent. Allen was just a one year wonder. Feel bad that the Jags got hosed taking that guy.

Be careful, you're not allowed to talk about last year's draft in this fashion.  You'll get scolded. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Yup...

Defenses can be schemed to keep teams in the game....Sure, you might not win a SB but you draft your future franchise QB - then take very available resource and build an offense around him.  

I honestly thought Mac figured that out - but he clearly didn't.  Drafted a DT and spent a massive amount of money on a MLB.