kevinc855

Is Darnold regressing under Gase?

38 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Solid comeback.  Really witty.  Do you have a Google image to go along with it?

72CFE890-1D4A-405A-9E0A-743EAE122F05.jpeg

• Haha 1

And, at the two-minute warning, the stadium played the "Ghostbusters" theme song and showed Darnold's interceptions on the big screen.

Hahahahahahahaha

Those Ints were bad decisions had nothing to do with the OL this is on Gase who should be advising him. I believe Gase is ruining Darnold. That's why I wanted Mike Mcarthy who developed  Arron Rogers. Gase developed Brock Osweiler that's his legacy. He had nothing to do with Manning if anything Manning told him what to do and what to run.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nyjets1969 said:

Those Ints were bad decisions had nothing to do with the OL this is on Gase who should be advising him. I believe Gase is ruining Darnold. That's why I wanted Mike Mcarthy who developed  Arron Rogers. Gase developed Brock Osweiler that's his legacy. He had nothing to do with Manning if anything Manning told him what to do and what to run.

This.

Only way to salvage Sam is hire McCarthy or Harbaugh and it looks like Harbaugh saved his job yesterday so forget him

3 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Ah, I see.  Gase should be "advising him".

Because Sam Darnold hasn't played enough football to know not to throw low percentage passes into coverage.  Yes, a little pow-wow with Adam Gase last night in the hotel, man, that would have changed everything.  And if Mike McCarthy makes that pep talk?  Wow, Sam would have thrown for 500 yards and 8 TD's.

How about Sam Darnold is 22, is playing behind a porous OL, is missing his biggest playmakers, and has an RB that can't find daylight all while going through a sophomore learning curve of his own?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

No, Gase has a good rep with QBs. A reason he got two HC jobs. Sam is regressing because of mono. Plus he has the second season doldrums that many young QBs have. 

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How exactly is Gase supposed to be "coaching well" when the team is this decimated by injury and has a second year quarterback that's in a funk? 

The biggest gauge of Gase during this slump is if he holds the players together and has them playing hard.  So far, no issues there.

SAR I

I have never seen an OL so completely unprepared and lost. Playcalling sucks. Adjustments suck. Darnold is unraveling. Not on Gase at all

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I have never seen an OL so completely unprepared and lost. Playcalling sucks. Adjustments suck. Darnold is unraveling. Not on Gase at all

It's not "preparedness".  It's lack of talent.  Maybe one of our offensive linemen would be on an NFL practice squad, the rest would be off bagging groceries with Luke Falk at Shop and Save.

You know that nightmare where all our best players are hurt, most of our free agent additions aren't contributing, and our 22 year old quarterback is playing like a 22 year old quarterback?  Well, it's happening.  Nothing to do with the head coach.

SAR I

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’d give you the Oscar for best actor for the Jets 1-6 2019 season.

1-6 Gets us to 10-6!!

-JetEngine1

Did I do that right? LOL.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold is continuing what he was in college.  A turnover machine.  This shouldnt surprise anyone.

Yeah, the fumble in NE was pretty sad, as was the one today, the one I saw, there may have been others.

But, ANY QB is going to be bad with this OL and un-responsive play calling..

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

The whole team is regressing under Gase the Waste!!!

Hahahahahaha.  Sam Trubisky and Gase the Waste.  Oh the pain!!!!

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Sam also did not look very good his senior year, or most of last year, so...

Brooks Bollinger

Chad Pennington

Brett Favre

Mark Sanchez

Geno Smith

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Josh McCown

Bryce Petty

You got any BETTER ideas than Sam?

5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Brooks Bollinger

Chad Pennington

Brett Favre

Mark Sanchez

Geno Smith

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Josh McCown

Bryce Petty

You got any BETTER ideas than Sam?

Keep looking?

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Keep looking?

"keep looking" has been the mantra since 19****ing69...I am sick and tired of "keep looking"...this ******* sucks my balls and my neighbor Frank's balls...sick of this sh*t.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

"keep looking" has been the mantra since 19****ing69...I am sick and tired of "keep looking"...this ******* sucks my balls and my neighbor Frank's balls...sick of this sh*t.

Ok, so close your eyes and pretend bad isn't actually bad?

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Ok, so close your eyes and pretend bad isn't actually bad?

That's been the mantra as long as I can remember. Keep looking would be radically novel by comparison.

Adam Gase has now coached 56 games in his NFL career. His teams have been more likely to lose by double digits (25) than to win the game (24).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It's not "preparedness".  It's lack of talent.  Maybe one of our offensive linemen would be on an NFL practice squad, the rest would be off bagging groceries with Luke Falk at Shop and Save.

You know that nightmare where all our best players are hurt, most of our free agent additions aren't contributing, and our 22 year old quarterback is playing like a 22 year old quarterback?  Well, it's happening.  Nothing to do with the head coach.

SAR I

Dear Lord you're straight up delusional 

17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Dear Lord you're straight up delusional 

Definitely, because Adam Gase should be able to take the 2-14 roster he brought to Jacksonville and get them to perform like they're 14-2 caliber.  Yeah, I'm the crazy one.

SAR I

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Two games, 7ints. Does not look like the same qb at the end of last year. What on earth is the qb whisper whispering? 

BS. Sam looked great the last four games last year. This year the guy had mono and should have been IR'ed for eight games so he could have fully recovered. This BS team that's devoid of talent - at just just about all positions except for safety - is impossible for any QB to look good.

• Upvote 1

When was the last time you can remember a QB getting laughed at like Sam was in those two videos by the Patriot and Jaguar players last week the way he was about seeing ghosts? You never see players do that.

That was followed by ghost meme week.

Then the worst part was today. A plane flies over the stadium mocking him, the mascot zip lines into the stadium wearing a ghost costume, then the stadium blares the Ghostbusters theme while his ints are played on the video board.

The total lack of respect for him is at a level I don't remember ever seeing before.

• Upvote 1

Adams over Watson/Mahomes is looking even worse now. We could have had Watson/Mahomes PLUS those three 2nd rounders.

Come at me Adams fanboys.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adams over Watson/Mahomes is looking even worse now. We could have had Watson/Mahomes PLUS those three 2nd rounders.

The Draft "What if's" in our history is something of a wet dream for a time-traveling, Science Fiction writer. 

• Like 1

I disagree. Gase has called some pretty good.games
We have a problem establishing the run but we have a very poor oline.

Gase is getting receivers open but our online is a major problem and Darnold has been eratic

So far, yes.  Gase's playcalling is way too one dimensional.  Mix in more rollouts and misdirection plays.  The few they've run have worked.  ALWAYS block with 6 guys when dropping Sam straight.  Keep a back in to pick up the first unblocked guy coming in or help Edoga out at LT.
The probably should just tell him 2 reads and then either throw the ball away or run.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I remember watching Peyton Manning in those first couple years really struggling, and throwing pick after pick.  Indeed, he also had issues with overloaded pressure, and I also remember the off balance throws resulting in pick 6s.

The good news is that it is something that good coaching can rectify, but it's also something that just takes time. 

Darnold's fundamental problem here is play recognition.  He's just not seeing the right decision fast enough, and is missing early cues to how the defense is going to play him.  Couple that with a new offensive system that he's not super familiar with, as well as nerves about the state of the OL, and maybe a little lingering Mono recovery (it affects reaction time!), and all of a sudden a few big hits start to create a bunch of bad habits in the pocket.

Look we saw that with Andrew Luck as well, and again this can be fixed relatively quickly, as long as you establish some continuity and rhythm into the offense.   Of course, the impending fire sale, is probably not going to help matters on that point.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If they put a good oline around him and get a better coach Darnold will be a top QB

It's like Jet fans don't watch the game. Josh Allen (who should have been a Jet), and the other dude, I have no idea how to spell his name, are WAY better than the crap Oline we have. Listen, I watched this game with a freind visiting from New England, Pats fan, he was like, WTF, this kid can't set his feet on a 5 step drop without pressure. Edoga got eaten alive! Harrison was dog sh*t, now you know why JD gave Kalil a shot, Winters is a f*cking slug! Shell? GARBAGE! And forget how bad they are pass blocking, they can't run block for sh*t either! I'm a 51 year fan of this team, Chriswell was a pro bowler compared to the CRAP Gase is left with here on this Oline. I have never seen such a horrific group, and then the lack of skill players exasperates the situation. Robbie was going against crap, f*cking Herndon really sh*t on this team this year! With all of those LBs missing for the Jags, Gase could have gone 2TEs with Griffin & Herndon to help the Oline & have an outlet for Sam. Pressure is the enemy of a young QB. You take the pressure off by 1st having a running game. We can't move a Dline a freaking INCH! Le'veon Bell had 23 yards rushing, TWENTY THREE YARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Let that sink in a minute! And there's no help on the way. Idzik & Macc F*CKED THIS TEAM SO BAD ITS CRAZY! 

Where's Quinnen? Josh Allen showed up! Jamal Adams? Nice missed tackle & dropping another pick right in your hands! DTs & Safeties don't win Football games. Drafting has KILLED THE JETS!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And, at the two-minute warning, the stadium played the "Ghostbusters" theme song and showed Darnold's interceptions on the big screen.

Hahahahahahahaha

A1A67E37-B797-4FD4-B958-21F9051B6AC9.jpeg.2a51df2002bca885a5ec2771add98229.jpeg

655262DF-DA99-4447-AA50-55A745016AB9.jpeg.5460e17814abd34c78f3070838a18bf3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t love Watson like you guys do.  I sorta liked him coming out of college, take away Hopkins he’s Quincy Carter

Is Mahomes the same player here?  No Hill, Kelce and Andy Reid who is a genius who made Matt friggin Moore look effective last night

I’m not against criticizing Mac’s picks which 99% of them stunk but let’s not act Watson is a better Russell Wilson and Mahomes would have had the same success here I don’t think so

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Definitely, because Adam Gase should be able to take the 2-14 roster he brought to Jacksonville and get them to perform like they're 14-2 caliber.  Yeah, I'm the crazy one.

SAR I

Well yeah that’s called coaching

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It's like they forgot why they wanted Macc fired so badly. Just give Adam Gase, or Frank Pollack the NFL magic wand where you point it a guy, say abracadabra & poof, pro bowl Oline, lol. Not only were they bottom 5 when the season started, without Beachum who was an average pass blocker & a terrible run blocker, they are currently worst in the league, NO DOUBT! 

What amazes me about the Macc hire was this guy came from Houston where they got David Carr killed & he proceeded to ignore the Oline the minute he got here, just strange? 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's like they forgot why they wanted Macc fired so badly. Just give Adam Gase, or Frank Pollack the NFL magic wand where you point it a guy, say abracadabra & poof, pro bowl Oline, lol. Not only were they bottom 5 when the season started, without Beachum who was an average pass blocker & a terrible run blocker, they are currently worst in the league, NO DOUBT! 

What amazes me about the Macc hire was this guy came from Houston where they got David Carr killed & he proceeded to ignore the Oline the minute he got here, just strange? 

The roster is bad but it’s not 1-6 bad give me a break

If Gase signed a competent kicker before the season like Ficken or Nuge we at least are 2-5.  Gase also does not prepare quarterbacks all 3 of which looked lost this season