This is what a future franchise player looks like

Philc1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

RJ has been fantastic so far. I expect him to lead the Knicks to the promise land one day and attract big FAs to play at MSG. 

Really exciting and I’m very pleasantly surprised, and interestingly enough Mike Francessa might have been bullseye.  I was upset on missing out on Williamson and thought it would have been wise for the NBA to rig it like with Ewing, but Francessa said that Williamson’s body was too big for his age and he would probably have constant injury problems.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Its 100% the last piece and its not even arguable. Go back and see how Mangini built our last decent team. Look at what Parcells did when he came here. You cant even judge a QB until you have a solid team around him, let alone rely on a rookie to overcome bad play and bad coaching. See the problem is its been 10 year since we had a GM and coach with brains so most young people dont even know what it takes and what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

When they should have been building a ******* Line or getting skill players for their "FQB", whoever that would be, they were too busy being retarded and drafting DTs and Safeties.  

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Really exciting and I’m very pleasantly surprised, and interestingly enough Mike Francessa might have been bullseye.  I was upset on missing out on Williamson and thought it would have been wise for the NBA to rig it like with Ewing, but Francessa said that Williamson’s body was too big for his age and he would probably have constant injury problems.

Zion is already the heaviest player in the nba at the ripe old age of 19

He also has no outside shot, is 6’6 and his free throw percentage in college was 64%

That said I still think Zion will have a good to excellent nba career but absolutely so will RJ

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

When they should have been building a ******* Line or getting skill players for their "FQB", whoever that would be, they were too busy being retarded and drafting DTs and Safeties.  

Douglas is not the guy to fix this roster

Hire McCarthy as HC and Scott McCloughan as GM

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

considering I am the ORIGINAL PHILL1C and you just bastardized my name in some absurd form of rejected bro-mance flattery, your argument is stupid.

And if moderators are that unintelligent, to confuse you for me, well, maybe there should be a test to be one...

18F718AC-E066-459E-A01C-2440931C8A37.jpeg.a50c00e923639302c3e5f8229355519c.jpeg

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

considering I am the ORIGINAL PHILL1C and you just bastardized my name in some absurd form of rejected bro-mance flattery, your argument is stupid.

And if moderators are that unintelligent, to confuse you for me, well, maybe there should be a test to be one...

Hi. Your registration is being reviewed. A moderator will email you when your account has been approved for posting. Until then, please enjoy reading the many interesting threads in this forum. Enjoy. Go Jets!

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Vedvik, Kalil

OK, that does have the ring of truth to it. But it IS a small sample size...you know about those...its anecdotal.

I mean, sure, guilt by association, fruit of the poisonous tree: Gase recommended him. Seriously, don't you think Kraft owns both teams???

Just now, phill1c said:

OK, that does have the ring of truth to it. But it IS a small sample size...you know about those...its anecdotal.

I mean, sure, guilt by association, fruit of the poisonous tree: Gase recommended him. Seriously, don't you think Kraft owns both teams???

Stick to saying racist stuff to get me in trouble

51 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't mean to single you out, but when are we going to stop referring to Darnold as a "great player" around here?

So many do it, and the only thing great about him is/was his potential.

We're midway through his second season, and he's at best, the same player he was when we drafted him. In fact it's more likely he's regressing then progressing at this point.

That’s fair. I should have been more precise. I think the guys I mentioned are the ones you keep, the ones who are already great or could be in the right situation. Darnold isn’t great. I agree. But I have seen “greatness” from him in certain games, situations, etc. And, it’s more than one time. It’s probably at least 5 or 6 games over the past two years with a sh*t supporting cast. He has shown that he is absolutely part of the solution, not the problem IMO. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Don't worry, knick fans will turn on rj as soon as he makes any mistake...

He definitely needs to get a lot better as far as shooting efficiency, turnovers, free throws, and defense. He and Randle combined for 30 (!) missed FGA+TO against Brooklyn, which is how you lose a game where the team goes 70% on threes. With these guys, Smith, Portis, Morris thinking he's a primary scorer, etc., the Knicks are basically built to ensure that somebody will shoot them out of basically every game.

All that said, the potential is definitely there with Barrett. And Robinson is ridiculous. Hopefully shooters get hot and we can flip for assets on 12/15 and at the deadline and after the season. I don't have a lot of confidence in Fizdale to manage the team to accomplish what we need to this season because the dude is basically basketball Herm but the outlook for the future is better than it's been for a long time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, phill1c said:

HAH, I FINALLY figured out what happened:

They interview Adam Gase. Mac is like "no WAY this nutcase is good for this or any other team..." and Big Dick Johnson is so "blown away" that he hires him in spite of Mac's opinion. Which leaves Mac exposed and, in the end, out on his butt.

But, truth be told, Jets fans are the ones butt f*cked.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What did I do to piss you off you make the mods think I said that Sh-t you said?  

Wait there's a philc1 and a phill1c? 

best gif wow GIF

There can only be 1 Phil c. Fight to death!

lets get it on fight GIF

9 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

I don’t think a QB is necessarily the last piece. It’s just that the rest of the team should never be as bad as we are. Criminally bad. 

Exactly how the Hell is it possible to be this bad without paying a quarter of the cap on a FQB? It’s ridiculous!

8 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He definitely needs to get a lot better as far as shooting efficiency, turnovers, free throws, and defense. He and Randle combined for 30 (!) missed FGA+TO against Brooklyn, which is how you lose a game where the team goes 70% on threes. With these guys, Smith, Portis, Morris thinking he's a primary scorer, etc., the Knicks are basically built to ensure that somebody will shoot them out of basically every game.

All that said, the potential is definitely there with Barrett. And Robinson is ridiculous. Hopefully shooters get hot and we can flip for assets on 12/15 and at the deadline and after the season. I don't have a lot of confidence in Fizdale to manage the team to accomplish what we need to this season because the dude is basically basketball Herm but the outlook for the future is better than it's been for a long time.

Agree on all points 

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Stop arguing about when you need to find a franchise calibur QB. You get them at whatever point you can. The jets problem is that, right now, it looks like we still have to get a franchise qb

Sam is a potential future franchise qb but horrible Coaching and personnel moves are setting him up to fail

Just a couple led different moves in the draft, Orlando Brown over Nate Shepard, Golladay over Ardarius Stewart, Cam Robinson over Adams, trade Leo for a 2nd last spring and draft Metcalf — totally different team and outlook