Another Obvious Metric

JetsLife

Competent HCs: there's zero discussion whether they're the problem or not. Even a newer HC like McVay who immediately and consistently proved himself has a few hiccups: no one's questioning whether he's the problem or not. Whereas questionable or bad HCs: their competency is a constant topic of discussion.

Doesn't seem Gase even realizes he's coaching for his NFL head-coaching life. No one will hire him as a HC, perhaps ever again, if he continues with this track record.

The only thing I wonder about: was the Jets o-line so bad heading in to training camp, that Gase never had a chance on the offensive side of the ball? I still think a capable HC finds ways to at least somewhat mitigate a bad circumstance.

• Upvote 2

Metric - “I don’t think that word means what you think it means.”

Regardless, this team just doesn’t to a damn thing consistently well. Can’t pass, cant rush the passer, struggle to stop the run.... and can’t generate a run game.

We know that LeVeon is a solid competent back and willing to be run into the ground. But no. We’ve got nothing.

As bad as darnold and the ol were this is coaching. This is gase. G Williams gets a pass because defense at least looks mildly competent with tons of starters out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Competent HCs: there's zero discussion whether they're the problem or not. Even a newer HC like McVay who immediately and consistently proved himself has a few hiccups: no one's questioning whether he's the problem or not. Whereas questionable or bad HCs: their competency is a constant topic of discussion.

Doesn't seem Gase even realizes he's coaching for his NFL head-coaching life. No one will hire him as a HC, perhaps ever again, if he continues with this track record.

The only thing I wonder about: was the Jets o-line so bad heading in to training camp, that Gase never had a chance on the offensive side of the ball? I still think a capable HC finds ways to at least somewhat mitigate a bad circumstance.

No one other than CJ would have hired him after his previous track record.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If the O line is terrible, you line up an O lineman as TE and you sign a blocking FB. Suddenly 5 run blockers are 7 and running lanes are opened.

Weren’t there reports that Gase didn’t want to pay Bell and Mosley? And didn’t he also leave the draft room lol y’all can blame Gase and he’s definitely at fault but he’s not the main root of the problem here. Fwiw I don’t think Gase had as much say with the roster as most people think 

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If the O line is terrible, you line up an O lineman as TE and you sign a blocking FB. Suddenly 5 run blockers are 7 and running lanes are opened.

This. Wesco comes to mind. Said to be a great blocking TE. Yet Gase is too dumb to put him on Josh Allen for a double team. Clown.