jetscrazey

Could we get a 1st for Quinnen Williams

Go back and watch the national championship game again. Then ask Dabo  if he would even  have thought of recruiting this fat slob.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This was so simple......when Bosa went #2, you try to trade down and get additional picks. If not to your liking, the pick is either Allen, Sweat or Burns. Macc did more harm to the Jets than Woody has.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I was going to start a thread asking this question I'm about to ask, but didn't want to ruffle too many peoples feathers so to speak.

Here it is....

Could we get a first for Sam Darnold?

The guy was picked 3rd overall and over Lamar Jackson who would've been a better fit for our porous offensive line. Not to mention we would have been able to draft Quenton Nelson at 6th overall and then subsequently traded two of our 2nd round picks to the Eagles for the 32nd pick in the 1st round to select Lamar Jackson, while keeping our 2nd rd pick in 2019. 

If we can get a 1 for Sammy this off-season, send him away and recoup that pick to use on an o-lineman after potentially drafting Tua with the top pick in the 2020 draft.

To answer your question, absolutely yes. Probably multiple. That said, would never consider it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Multiple? The way he's played of late you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to trade multiple 1st rd picks for him. I surmise you're confident in Darnold playing very well in the 2nd half of this season?

I think he is a very good QB in a horrible situation, certainly partly of his own making, that will improve. Just out of curiosity, what do you think teams like Green Bay, New England or New Orleans, with old QB's and good coaching staffs, would be willing to trade for him?

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't believe we would ever think about trading Darnold to the Patriots or even  the Dolphins because they're in our division. In my opinion the Packers aren't ready to heavily invest in a future quarterback just yet. The Saints might, but they most likely turn to Teddy Bridgewater as the future QB. Maybe the Colts would move a 1st rd pick for Darnold after passing on him and the Luck retiring. Perhaps the Chargers might be looking for the heir apparent to Philip Rivers. Buccaneers, Bengals, and Broncos might be a possibility as well.

I think you and I are kinda on the same page here. You seem to be more unsure of what we have in Sam than I am right now, but neither of us are ready to cut bait.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company