Could we get a 1st for Quinnen Williams

Once again the real blame in this mess is being misplaced.

The CEO/Owner was too stupid, too cowardly or just too stupid period to fire this guy at the same time he fired the terrible coach.  No one with a brain lets this guy (Mac) have one last off season to screw the team and only then fire him.

Pure and simply  a waste of two to three years because the coach  and gm should have been brought in together and we would have avoided the monstrosity  that was our last draft and Fa period.

We all love to blast the coaches and GM and rightfully so but it ALL starts at the top and the fans and the media should be blasting the hell out of the owners.  Make those morons step aside and just watch the games.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Excelled while surrounded by all-american talent on a D charged with protecting enormous leads for at least 3 quarters in almost every game. 

Another good point. Prob should have had more than 8 sacks considering his team was up by 20 pts about 80% of the time. 

What Quinnen does on the field, does not show up on the stat sheet. It also doesn’t show up in the video. He’s a ninja DT. You won’t know he’s there until he’ll eventually strike like a lightening in year 9. Pure definition of a top 3 pick! Safest pick of the draft!

I was going to start a thread asking this question I'm about to ask, but didn't want to ruffle too many peoples feathers so to speak.

Here it is....

Could we get a first for Sam Darnold?

The guy was picked 3rd overall and over Lamar Jackson who would've been a better fit for our porous offensive line. Not to mention we would have been able to draft Quenton Nelson at 6th overall and then subsequently traded two of our 2nd round picks to the Eagles for the 32nd pick in the 1st round to select Lamar Jackson, while keeping our 2nd rd pick in 2019. 

If we can get a 1 for Sammy this off-season, send him away and recoup that pick to use on an o-lineman after potentially drafting Tua with the top pick in the 2020 draft.

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I was going to start a thread asking this question I'm about to ask, but didn't want to ruffle too many peoples feathers so to speak.

Here it is....

Could we get a first for Sam Darnold?

The guy was picked 3rd overall and over Lamar Jackson who would've been a better fit for our porous offensive line. Not to mention we would have been able to draft Quenton Nelson at 6th overall and then subsequently traded two of our 2nd round picks to the Eagles for the 32nd pick in the 1st round to select Lamar Jackson, while keeping our 2nd rd pick in 2019. 

If we can get a 1 for Sammy this off-season, send him away and recoup that pick to use on an o-lineman after potentially drafting Tua with the top pick in the 2020 draft.

To answer your question, absolutely yes. Probably multiple. That said, would never consider it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

To answer your question, absolutely yes. Probably multiple. That said, would never consider it.

Multiple? The way he's played of late you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to trade multiple 1st rd picks for him. I surmise you're confident in Darnold playing very well in the 2nd half of this season?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Multiple? The way he's played of late you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to trade multiple 1st rd picks for him. I surmise you're confident in Darnold playing very well in the 2nd half of this season?

I think he is a very good QB in a horrible situation, certainly partly of his own making, that will improve. Just out of curiosity, what do you think teams like Green Bay, New England or New Orleans, with old QB's and good coaching staffs, would be willing to trade for him?

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

I think he is a very good QB in a horrible situation, certainly partly of his own making, that will improve. Just out of curiosity, what do you think teams like Green Bay, New England or New Orleans, with old QB's and good coaching staffs, would be willing to trade for him?

I don't believe we would ever think about trading Darnold to the Patriots or even  the Dolphins because they're in our division. In my opinion the Packers aren't ready to heavily invest in a future quarterback just yet. The Saints might, but they most likely turn to Teddy Bridgewater as the future QB. Maybe the Colts would move a 1st rd pick for Darnold after passing on him and Luck retiring. Perhaps the Chargers might be looking for the heir apparent to Philip Rivers. Buccaneers, Bengals, and Broncos might be a possibility as well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't believe we would ever think about trading Darnold to the Patriots or even  the Dolphins because they're in our division. In my opinion the Packers aren't ready to heavily invest in a future quarterback just yet. The Saints might, but they most likely turn to Teddy Bridgewater as the future QB. Maybe the Colts would move a 1st rd pick for Darnold after passing on him and the Luck retiring. Perhaps the Chargers might be looking for the heir apparent to Philip Rivers. Buccaneers, Bengals, and Broncos might be a possibility as well.

I think you and I are kinda on the same page here. You seem to be more unsure of what we have in Sam than I am right now, but neither of us are ready to cut bait.

Can we relax for a minute. Quinnen has by no means been a stud, but he's yet to play a half season in the NFL. We already drafted him, and it's a waste to trade him away already. I don't think he was a great selection, but there's no reason to trade a cheap rookie who hasn't had a real chance to shine. He hasn't been terrible, and he will only improve throughout this season and the next. 

26 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If Rosen can net a 2nd in trade, Darnold would easily net 2 1st and some later rounders as well. 

That being said, why is this even being talked about? Talk about an absolute waste of a time. 

5 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Can we relax for a minute. Quinnen has by no means been a stud, but he's yet to play a half season in the NFL. We already drafted him, and it's a waste to trade him away already. I don't think he was a great selection, but there's no reason to trade a cheap rookie who hasn't had a real chance to shine. He hasn't been terrible, and he will only improve throughout this season and the next. 

We aren’t trading him, but it’s endemic of the piss poor drafting this team as enacted in the last decade. You don’t pick none impact players top 5.

Edge rusher as been a massive hole since Abraham’s left. If any GM says best player available ever again. The fans need to get on him immediately.

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We aren’t trading him, but it’s endemic of the piss poor drafting this team as enacted in the last decade. You don’t pick none impact players top 5.

Edge rusher as been a massive hole since Abraham’s left. If any GM says best player available ever again. The fans need to get on him immediately.

Exactly. This was not a good draft pick, but he's already on the team so there is no reason to try and move him yet. 

On 10/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, RobR said:

It accelerates his entire SB onto the cap. Arizona chose that method but there is a huge difference between what we would eat with the third overall versus Rosen. QW's signing bonus was double what Rosen received.

Either way it's not a feasible outcome.

So - the L. Bell on the block made me take a closer look at this. According to Overthecap.com we would have some dead money but I don't think it's infeasible.qwilliams.png.281d4f2f3937003afc808314858bcdef.png

https://overthecap.com/player/quinnen-williams/7794/

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So - the L. Bell on the block made me take a closer look at this. According to Overthecap.com we would have some dead money but I don't think it's infeasible.qwilliams.png.281d4f2f3937003afc808314858bcdef.png

https://overthecap.com/player/quinnen-williams/7794/

I love Jasons site but those numbers are incorrect. He received a $21mil signing bonus over four years. Lets call it 20 for arguments sake. If we trade him they will be responsible for the rest of his signing bonus next year because it is pro-rated over the life of the contract. So you're looking at around a 15mil dead cap hit. You can't have the same amount of dead money every single year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/quinnen-williams-29038/