Sign in to follow this  
Jetsbb

Chris Johnson is not going to pay three head coaches next year so forget about firing Gase

Bowles had 2 years left on his contract and Gase signed for 4 years. No way Woody lets his brother hire another head coach after this disaster of a hire. What probably happen is they fire Gase early next year and promote Gregg Williams to interim for the rest of the year. Stunt Darnolds development for another 3 years.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Gase would stay on staff while a new HC comes in. Maybe he can coach the event staff at Metlife since they suck too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

What in the world makes you think Darnold is even going to be here in three years to have his "development stunted"?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

I wonder if Gase would stay on staff while a new HC comes in. Maybe he can coach the event staff at Metlife since they suck too.

Idk. I hear he makes a killer egg mcmuffin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Bowles had 2 years left on his contract and Gase signed for 4 years. No way Woody lets his brother hire another head coach after this disaster of a hire. What probably happen is they fire Gase early next year and promote Gregg Williams to interim for the rest of the year. Stunt Darnolds development for another 3 years.

Yes, I can't believe how many people keep saying to fire him this year or after the season. No way that happens, and I don't see them firing him within next season either. They have never fired a coach in season, nor will they ever IMO.  If there was ever a time for them to do that it was last season with Bowles. Like it or not, Gase is here at least 2 season minimum.

Get used to it people, this year is a free year for Gase and Douglas. After our joke of a draft, Gase was able to convince CJ that Mac had assembled a team with little to no talent that simply cannot compete. Johnson FINALLY came to his senses and fired Mac so the team could start with a front office rebuild. 

This team was never going anywhere this year with no O-line, no reliable kicker, no pass rusher, no corner depth.... all areas Mac IGNORED. This year is about seeing if anyone can develop and what moves the front office makes to put us in a better place moving forward. Gase has AT LEAST 3 years here. Its time for fans to accept that fact. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RSJ said:

We were garbage last year. This year with Gase we are a dumpster fire. You think the event staff can't get worse? LOL at you. Gase isn't qualified to coach PAL girl's soccer.