Jump to content
jetstream23

Andy Reid putting on a clinic on SNF

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Meh...  beats watching some a-hole beat his chest about a dead terrorist.

I'm serious, I enjoy a good thread derailment.

Solid work

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jagalicious matt moore and matt schaub rack it up and look good in their games even though they lost.  Our Qb goes out and the excuse machine ramps up.

Win or look good losing.  Get the most out of your players, that is a coaches job.  I thought the gase hire was bad from day one but he is far worse than i could have imagined.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Booed to high heaven by Nats fans COUGHCOUGHCOUGH

that was beautiful...  can't wait for the tweetie describing the pride that was felt during the standing O.

 

 

I'm talking about Gerrit Cole btw.  Not sure what you guys are talking about.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jagalicious matt moore and matt schaub rack it up and look good in their games even though they lost.  Our Qb goes out and the excuse machine ramps up.

Win or look good losing.  Get the most out of your players, that is a coaches job.  I thought the gase hire was bad from day one but he is far worse than i could have imagined.

Matt Moore has a career passer rating of 81.4. He’s completed 59% of his passes for 46 TDs and 36 INTs, with a robust 7.0 ypa. His career record as a starter is now 15-16. He’s always been a solid player

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe someone can explain how its possible to have a decent offense when your center (Austin Relter) was a Browns castoff? I thought you needed all first round picks on the OL to protect your QB and move the ball?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not just Andy Reid but look at GB. You want to know how we should be utilizing Bell? Carbon copy the plays that GB runs for Aaron Jones. They had him split wide running go routes for God's sake.

Remember all those fluff pieces in the off-season about Gase putting in packages to utilize Bells amazing receiving ability? How they would have funky packages with Bell and the second-coming of Barry Sanders, I mean Ty Montgomery, on the field at the same time? Gase sure is a genius, I tell you what.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, IC and Green Bay don't have the best OLs, but their not the worst. The Jets are a bottom 5 OL for sure, right down in the muck with the Bengals, Dolphins, Falcons, Titans, etc. - basically your top NFL underacheivers, and mostly teams that got bit hard by injuries and ineffective draft picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, isired said:

I mean, IC and Green Bay don't have the best OLs, but their not the worst. The Jets are a bottom 5 OL for sure, right down in the muck with the Bengals, Dolphins, Falcons, Titans, etc. - basically your top NFL underacheivers, and mostly teams that got bit hard by injuries and ineffective draft picks.

Bottom 5! - This is the worst  line I’ve ever seen period. How many sacks have we given up this year? - It’s 34 in 7 games, look at the offensive rankings.

55A06D62-6E26-42DF-A238-49AC05442086.jpeg

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Matt Moore has a career passer rating of 81.4. He’s completed 59% of his passes for 46 TDs and 36 INTs, with a robust 7.0 ypa. His career record as a starter is now 15-16. He’s always been mediocre

I watched last night’s game and Matt Moore is what he is an average backup qb who locks onto receivers and is indecisive 

 

Reid can make his stats look good with well designed plays where he throws to the flats kinda like how Belichick made Matt Cassel $50 million by having him throw to Welker underneath every play

 

Matt Moore is not good, never was 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, isired said:

I mean, IC and Green Bay don't have the best OLs, but their not the worst. The Jets are a bottom 5 OL for sure, right down in the muck with the Bengals, Dolphins, Falcons, Titans, etc. - basically your top NFL underacheivers, and mostly teams that got bit hard by injuries and ineffective draft picks.

You don’t need a great OL.  Brady and Manning both played with mediocre OLs for much of their careers.

 

You get around a bad OL by knowing how to audible protection and knowing how to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds to a slot, TE or rb in the flat

 

Gase has no idea how to teach that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

You don’t need a great OL.  Brady and Manning both played with mediocre OLs for much of their careers.

 

You get around a bad OL by knowing how to audible protection and knowing how to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds to a slot, TE or rb in the flat

 

Gase has no idea how to teach that.

 

Good QBs make their OLs look better, Sam did that against Dallas but these last 2 weeks he's struggled.  It's not just the OL, Sam is in a funk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Good QBs make their OLs look better, Sam did that against Dallas but these last 2 weeks he's struggled.  It's not just the OL, Sam is in a funk.

Yes Sam has stunk.  Gase is not the guy to mentor him though 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yes Sam has stunk.  Gase is not the guy to mentor him though 

To me it's still TBD.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RSJ said:

Maybe someone can explain how its possible to have a decent offense when your center (Austin Relter) was a Browns castoff? I thought you needed all first round picks on the OL to protect your QB and move the ball?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He was drafted in 2015 by the Redskins in the 7th round. Late round and even undrafted O lineman can develop, but like Reiter it takes time. In his case it took 4 years. If you want a starting Rookie O lineman, they are typically found in the first and second rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Can’t believe the Packers are 7-1 without the great and unemployed Mike McCarthy

Amazing how their fortunes changes when the went out and invested in the OL and pass rushers. Not much else change but the coaching staff.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reid is the type of coach who can assess what his players are good at, and design plays to maximize it. Thus getting more out of role players.

Gase is the type of coach who designs plays and says “here, run this”. Thus exaggerating further the limitations of the players he has.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You don’t need a great OL.  Brady and Manning both played with mediocre OLs for much of their careers.
 
You get around a bad OL by knowing how to audible protection and knowing how to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds to a slot, TE or rb in the flat
 
Gase has no idea how to teach that.
 
Brady had a good OL when he was young. Manning had a bad OL and didn't win.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Matt Moore has a career passer rating of 81.4. He’s completed 59% of his passes for 46 TDs and 36 INTs, with a robust 7.0 ypa. His career record as a starter is now 15-16. He’s always been a solid player

The guy has started  6 games in the last 7 years. 

He is Trevor Simian and he too would look utterly terrible under Adam Gase.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The guy has started  6 games in the last 7 years. 

He is Trevor Simian and he too would look utterly terrible under Adam Gase.

Trevor Simien broke his leg under Gase in less than one quarter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Trevor Simien broke his leg under Gase in less than one quarter 

Under Gase Matt Moore would have been hit by a truck on his way to the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

To me it's still TBD.  

What do you need another 3 miserable years and Sam ending up a career journeyman backup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What do you need another 3 miserable years and Sam ending up a career journeyman backup? 

We've played half a season. HALF a season.

I'm not saying he's BB but BB had 5 losing seasons his first 6 years and they were a joke his first year in NE.

Maybe Gase isn't the answer but I can't judge on 8 games with this banged up roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nico002 said:

Lmao if Andy Ried coached the Jets you assholes would have his head on a stake for choking in the playoffs. 

I would love to be in that position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid chiefs hiring a guy that’s never won a super bowl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...