Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Philc1

How Chris Herndon and Ryan Griffin can save our season if used properly

Recommended Posts

2-TE sets is how you overcome a bad OL.  Ask Brady who did not have a good OL for much of his career but he had Gronk and the murderer Aaron Hernandez lining up both in-line

 

it helps both pass and run blocking plus the defense often cannot predict who will be used as the receiver

 

Griffin has been a surprisingly good under the radar signing.  The guy should not be forgotten once Herndon finally is back which is next week.  I want both at full time snaps 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son and I said the same thing yesterday. Although ( full transparency) we never used the words “ save our season” no saving this sh*t show. I’ll settle for a competitive team week to week.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the board has been saying this. Bring in another TE and use him as a FB/TE. The oline can’t block anyone, Jax lived in the backfield yesterday. They consistently got pressure up the middle forcing Darnold to move outside into Campbell, Nga and Allen. There was numerous plays where the oline didn’t even touch or slow down the passrushers. 
It’s not rocket science. They were moving the ball when they gave Darnold time. If you can’t block with the oline bring in a TE/FB to help. Bell looks frustrated as hell as well. He’s getting mauled. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like interesting football and a better read on who Sam is/can be by the end of the year. We are dangerously close to the „well we can’t evaluate him appropriately because of garbage surrounding cast” carousel.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree, hopefully Gase does as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally I'd agree with the topic but when the OL is this bad I don't think any amount of TE's will help. They need to get younger and more talented at each position on this OL. That unfortunately will not happen overnight as we all know and its going to be a rough rest of the season if the Line play doesn't step it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they cant save our season-our season was over the day it started when they hired gase

on a positive note i played tons of Griffin on fanduel at min price at .5% ownership and my pockets are heavy today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Griffin is nothing special and he is looking good out there.  The herndon thing really hurt this team.  With the oline we have tresco should be in there at least half the time for better protection. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Griffin is nothing special and he is looking good out there.  The herndon thing really hurt this team.  With the oline we have tresco should be in there at least half the time for better protection. 

 

herndon is no antonio gates or gronk he is an avg player-jet fans always over value the talent level -this team has very little and even worse our coach does not know how to use what we have

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it was a Macc draft pick, and that kind of answers my own question, but what is up with this Wesco tool? Wasn't this a**hole drafted  because he was a great blocker? The only time you even know this guy is in the game is when he gets his weekly specials penalty.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of the board has been saying this. Bring in another TE and use him as a FB/TE. The oline can’t block anyone, Jax lived in the backfield yesterday. They consistently got pressure up the middle forcing Darnold to move outside into Campbell, Nga and Allen. There was numerous plays where the oline didn’t even touch or slow down the passrushers. 
It’s not rocket science. They were moving the ball when they gave Darnold time. If you can’t block with the oline bring in a TE/FB to help. Bell looks frustrated as hell as well. He’s getting mauled. 

Use Griffin and Herndon both to chip block.  It will help our crappy tackles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, section314 said:

I know it was a Macc draft pick, and that kind of answers my own question, but what is up with this Wesco tool? Wasn't this a**hole drafted  because he was a great blocker? The only time you even know this guy is in the game is when he gets his weekly specials penalty.

What’s up with him?  Same thing as 99% of Mac’s other draft picks he stinks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kmnj said:

herndon is no antonio gates or gronk he is an avg player-jet fans always over value the talent level -this team has very little and even worse our coach does not know how to use what we have

Totally disagree.

 

Yeah ok he’s not the GOAT at the tight end position but he is going to be a good to very good all around TE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Don't worry guys - our offensive wizard head coach will figure it out soon. 

In about 3 years when he’s finally fired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...