Why has Jet's Le"Veon Bell disappeared?

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bell used to excel when used on a screen pass call, how many times did we see that happen yesterday or all season. 

Adam Gase is coming under fire and rightfully so, the pay calling has been horrendous regardless of how bad the OL is. 

Any NFL head coach can take away any NFL running back on any day.  It is actually incredibly easy.

But doing so makes you vulnerable to the pass of course.  And that would be a problem for the [enter Jets opponent here] if we weren't starting a rookie LT, didn't have a retiree at C, and didn't have our FA G refuse to play with a boo-boo.  Not to mention the loss of the QB's two favorite targets, Q and Hern.

This isn't the O we were expecting coming out of training camp.  So this isn't the O that Le'Veon Bell can succeed in.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Any NFL head coach can take away any NFL running back on any day.  It is actually incredibly easy.

But doing so makes you vulnerable to the pass of course.  And that would be a problem for the [enter Jets opponent here] if we weren't starting a rookie LT, didn't have a retiree at C, and didn't have our FA G refuse to play with a boo-boo.  Not to mention the loss of the QB's two favorite targets, Q and Hern.

This isn't the O we were expecting coming out of training camp.  So this isn't the O that Le'Veon Bell can succeed in.

SAR I

No team fears our passing game so they stack the box and that in turn stops the running game. 

Simple football. 

1 hour ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

This is not rocket science, we have no line, and he is older

Plus, Gase doesn't have the intelligence to realize that you have to run the ball in order to throw the ball. When the opposition KNOWS your throwing it makes their job a lot easier. Gase wants so much to be a "genius" that eh doesn't realize that true genius is doing what is logical and MAKING it work. RUN THE FREAKING BALL.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  His style is not working here.  And john connor has filled in just fine in pitt.  I think its become apparent that pitt made leveon bell, not the other way around.

24 minutes ago, kmnj said:

that is nonsense -connor is not as good as bell but just because he is good does not mean that pitt made bell and then made connor it is pitt is well coached and pitt is better at identifying players with talent

I don't even know what you two are talking about.  First of all, John Connor is from the Terminator.  James Connor is the RB in Pittsburgh. If you think he "has filled in just fine" think again.  He is averaging 3.2 ypc.  Same as Bell.  So either, he sucks or the well coached Steelers with all those properly identified talented players suck.  The Steelers are 2-4.  **** them and their "system." 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes not absolved of blame.  Hes a plodder who will get u 4 or 5 yards.  Hes got no long speed.  You watch mccaffery, barkley, cook etc and they are on a different level then bell.

when has he been caught from behind when in the secondary?  the answer is not yet this season because there are always defenders ahead of him.  put bilal or montgomery in and the result would be worse.  the oline doesn't block very well.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't even know what you two are talking about.  First of all, John Connor is from the Terminator.  James Connor is the RB in Pittsburgh. If you think he "has filled in just fine" think again.  He is averaging 3.2 ypc.  Same as Bell.  So either, he sucks or the well coached Steelers with all those properly identified talented players suck.  The Steelers are 2-4.  **** them and their "system." 

The steelers lost big ben and brown.  Teams are stacking the box.  Dont act like you know more football then us.

People try to make things trivial for no reason sometimes.  

Let's roll play.  You're a  DC preparing for the Jets, this is how that meeting goes: " team, the only good player on the entire New York Jets offense is LeVeon Bell, let's take that away because it's really easy to take it away.  Their OL sucks and they dont do anything different with him, ever.  Same handful plays and they're easy to stop because they cant block for sh*t.  All we have to do is force Darnold to throw because he sucks and will give us the ball back.  Safeties, dont let Anderson get behind you.  We do that and they cant score."

That's why Bell isnt effective.  The NY Jets are the easiest offense to game plan for in the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

sorry my cell phone autotyped   -the steelers have for the most part been competitive even against good teams we are not

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

No one respects the jets to be able to pass.  They are daring the jets to pass, and Darnold keeps throwing INTs.  Won’t change any time soon.

Yes they have no respect for the JETS OL.  And no one should... There isn't a QB or RB in the NFL that would look good with those clowns blocking.  And quite honestly I am absolutely amazed at how well Bell has played.   It seems every carry should be a 2 yard loss.  So anytime he gets a 3 yard gain I'm amazed at his ability.   And the posters that say he's older... Stop..He's 27 with a year of rest.  He hasn't slowed down because of age.  

And lets also point out how awful he is being used by Gase at the moment.

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

sorry my cell phone autotyped   -the steelers have for the most part been competitive even against good teams we are not

You shouldn't apologize.  I think I am at fault for misreading your post.  Conner seems okay, but he is having a sh*t year.  He sure isn't proof that the Steelers made Bell.  The wheels seem to be coming off a bit in Pittsburgh.  They may be looking at another Tommy Maddox era.  

46 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The steelers lost big ben and brown.  Teams are stacking the box.  Dont act like you know more football then us.

Then don't say stupid uninformed sh*t.  James Conner is having as bad a year as Bell.  Do you honestly want to claim that Connor and the Steelers have faced more adversity than Bell and the Jets?  Teams stacked the box because they don't have Antonio Brown and Ben Roethlisberger?  They won't dare stack the box against Luke Falk and Demaryius Thomas?  Give me a ******* break.