Trade Deadline Thread

AbstraKt

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I want to see what this cost. This would have been a get for us.

The Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to the following trade:

Browns receive:

2021 undisclosed draft pick

Eagles receive:

DE/LB Genard Avery

Originally drafted in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft, Avery has been active for two games as a reserve and has recorded two tackles on the year. Last season as a rookie, he started five of 16 games and finished with 39 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-trade-de-lb-genard-avery-to-eagles?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Next year is a new season one where we will need players. Cheap players who love playing the sport and are young are the ones you build upon not the ones you trade away for penuts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

What do you do with the ones who cost 7M and love talking?

• Haha 1

I could see Robby coming up next. He actually didn't look bad against the Jags. He was only 4-43 but he made some plays. The Jags reportedly were interested in him. For a 3? It's a way to rebuild our O-line. You don't have to draft a 1 those guys are usually way overpaid and you can get good O-linemen later in the draft esp around 3. 

• Upvote 1

Disagree. If they’re ever gonna be good you need players like Adams on the team, regardless where he was drafted or how many wins he could provide on his own...like any player can do that minus a Qb...

False. You seem to be arguing that Jamal is going to one day make us good. The truth is he’s only valuable to a team that is already good. Thus, he’s not really part of the solution here.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

False. You seem to be arguing that Jamal is going to one day make us good. The truth is he’s only valuable to a team that is already good. Thus, he’s not really part of the solution here.

Right, Id like to think the Jets eventually Be good and would need players like him, to get over the hump.

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

Disagree. If they’re ever gonna be good you need players like Adams on the team, regardless where he was drafted or how many wins he could provide on his own...like any player can do that minus a Qb...

By the time (if) they turn things around, he'll be due a big payday. You don't invest a solid chunk of your cap to a safety. You just don't. Might as well get multiple draft picks for him now while you can and use them to try to build a team around Darnold.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

By the time (if) they turn things around, he'll be due a big payday. You don't invest a solid chunk of your cap to a safety. You just don't. Might as well get multiple draft picks for him now while you can and use them to try to build a team around Darnold.

Agreed, but no one is trading multiple picks for a safety. Is Adams self promotion GOOD FOR THE TEAM? You have to ask yourself this, Jamal Adams prances & preens on the field like he's the only guy TRYING. But he misses a tackle & the Jags get a TD, he gets flagged twice for PFs, he drops a pick. I love enthusiasm as much as the next fan, but this guy seems to UPSTAGE his teammates which is fine in college when tons of players aren't NFL caliber but in the Pros if your not making game changing plays but always puffing your chest that will grate on some, especially when your losing every game. Anyone who thinks the Jets wouldn't be better with Maye + anyone other than Adams & a stud LT & WR in his place are dillusional. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

It would depend on what the “multiple picks” were or “how much” money he costs in FA. I’d personally keep him unless you’re talking crazy like a 1st round pick which ain’t gonna happen 

Jesus is we trade Anderson for a 5th rounder I’m losing all faith in Douglas 

Do you really believe he's worth more ??????

What did.we give Pittsburgh for Santonio or Seattle for Harvin???

We be lucky as hell.to get a 5th

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

I would love to trade Anderson, but for a 5th would keep him for Darnold to throw to in 2019. 

For a 4th he is gone. 

Under no circumstances should we trade him for a 5th.

I wouldn't even want to do it for a 4th.

Honestly I do not want to trade him, period, but I think this situation should be taking a  player in return who would help an area of need.  Depending on that player, I might be ok with moving him.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

Are you (bad word, banned word)? You need to trade every good player on your team so you can draft all da good players in rounds 3,4,5. Gut your roster, let the players that remain suffer in misery until you get da good players who will SHINE in their rookie seasons so that the remaining players that were lucky enough to be a part of your perfect plan won't have to suffer too long and can count their lucky stars they were there to witness and be a part of it.

Do not sign free agents, da good players in rds 3,4,5 got dat. 

Don't keep your all pro's. The threefourfivers got it!

They're going to do it all!