Trade Deadline Thread

AbstraKt

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Agreed, but no one is trading multiple picks for a safety. Is Adams self promotion GOOD FOR THE TEAM? You have to ask yourself this, Jamal Adams prances & preens on the field like he's the only guy TRYING. But he misses a tackle & the Jags get a TD, he gets flagged twice for PFs, he drops a pick. I love enthusiasm as much as the next fan, but this guy seems to UPSTAGE his teammates which is fine in college when tons of players aren't NFL caliber but in the Pros if your not making game changing plays but always puffing your chest that will grate on some, especially when your losing every game. Anyone who thinks the Jets wouldn't be better with Maye + anyone other than Adams & a stud LT & WR in his place are dillusional. 

Adams is under our control for another 2.5 years.  I wouldn't move him now unless there is an offer you can't refuse.   He will probably end up going to the Pro Bowl and actually may be all pro first team (if you go through PFF ratings).  Adding those accolades to his resume can only help us as far as trade value if the Jets decide to move on from him in the future.  Teams in the top part of the draft are probably not going to give up a top pick for him but a playoff caliber team may part with a #1 for him.  

So rumors are Robbie is generating interest for a #5 draft pick, lol. Confirms everything we've been saying about Robbie here, 2nd WR AT BEST, 3rd WR on talented teams. Sanu takes a 2nd round pick & Anderson a 5th, but, but, I can't understand why Adam Gase doesn't get clever with his play calling? Where are the stupendous double reverses? YOU KNOW WHAT AN OFFENSE NEEDS TO DO FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN CALL MULTIPLE FORMATIONS AND MISDIRECTION? They need to be able to run a basic play like run off tackle LIKE EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE without the RB getting hit in the backfield by 3 guys as soon as he takes the handoff. We can't even run basic X,Y,Z plays with any success. 

Parcells would run basic sets until they could do it in their sleep & then he got creative. Everyone's screaming for screens, lmao! Have you seen what has happened the few times we've run a screen? Missed assignments, jailbreak rushers, we can't keep 8 & 9 guys off the LOS because EVERY SINGLE defender is winning ONE ON ONES with our sorry azz Oline! It's rock bottom folks! Did Frank Pollack forget how to coach an Oline? Alabama or Clemson probably has a better Oline right now! 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So rumors are Robbie is generating interest for a #5 draft pick, lol. Confirms everything we've been saying about Robbie here, 2nd WR AT BEST, 3rd WR on talented teams. Sanu takes a 2nd round pick & Anderson a 5th, but, but, I can't understand why Adam Gase doesn't get clever with his play calling? Where are the stupendous double reverses? YOU KNOW WHAT AN OFFENSE NEEDS TO DO FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN CALL MULTIPLE FORMATIONS AND MISDIRECTION? They need to be able to run a basic play like run off tackle LIKE EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE without the RB getting hit in the backfield by 3 guys as soon as he takes the handoff. We can't even run basic X,Y,Z plays with any success. 

I like how you're calling Anderson terrible, and complaining why we can't utilize him in creative ways in the same post.

Is it any wonder why we can't stretch the field unless Anderson is somehow uncontested and in acres of space? He's not strong enough.

14 minutes ago, British Jet said:

I like how you're calling Anderson terrible, and complaining why we can't utilize him in creative ways in the same post.

Is it any wonder why we can't stretch the field unless Anderson is somehow uncontested and in acres of space? He's not strong enough.

I'm not calling him terrible? He's just a player. He's cast here as a #1 but nowhere else. I think you've completely misunderstood my post. I don't love Adam Gase, I just think hes unfortunately paying for the crimes of Macc, but that's why these guys get paid the big bucks.

I wouldn’t trade Robby for anything less than a 2nd

which of course has no way of happening 

it seems obvious to me that Darnold relies on him.  He has to lead the team in targets when Darnold has been in there 

Darnold is shell shocked as it is, and now you are going to trade away his security blanket-(even though Bell should be the security blanket)

• Upvote 4

If we trade Robby who exactly will we be running out there at WR to help develop our QB?

im not against trading him. He seems like his effort isn’t always there but I’m guessing we would bring back Burnett and hope Herndon can make up some of the difference?  We would lose any ability to have a WR get downfield. 

The only way we should be trading anderson is if we get a  offer for a 2nd rounder which seems unlikely or if there is some hidden attitude problem which there does not appear to be.

He brings enough ability to the table even if it is just a deep threat.

Unlike with leo Williams we have had no young wrs step up and make robbie expendable.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

If we trade Robby who exactly will we be running out there at WR to help develop our QB?

im not against trading him. He seems like his effort isn’t always there but I’m guessing we would bring back Burnett and hope Herndon can make up some of the difference?  We would lose any ability to have a WR get downfield. 

Smith 

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

You build on good players not unknowns.

The best teams are constantly built on unknowns.  The Seahawks' QB is Russell Wilson, who all 32 GM's passed on for two rounds.  The Rams' are built around Aaron Donald, who 12 GM's passed on.  The New England Patriots are built around a QB they drafted in the 6th round and a coach that was fired by the Browns (as well as cheating).  

Saying you can't build a team on unknowns is like saying you should never, ever talk to strangers if you want to make friends.  

• Upvote 1

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/latest-jets-and-giants-nfl-trade-buzz-and-rumors-ahead-of-tuesdays-4-pm-deadline/311324074

WR Robby Anderson remains the hot name on the market for the Jets, with the Jaguars, Eagles, Packers and Raiders all interested to some degree. The likely price is a third-round pick, but a bidding war could always get the Jets more. "People get crazy when it comes to speed," said one NFL talent evaluator. "That's why receivers always get more in trade than you'd think. Teams always want more game-breakers."

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The best teams are constantly built on unknowns.  The Seahawks' QB is Russell Wilson, who all 32 GM's passed on for two rounds.  The Rams' are built around Aaron Donald, who 12 GM's passed on.  The New England Patriots are built around a QB they drafted in the 6th round and a coach that was fired by the Browns (as well as cheating).  

Saying you can't build a team on unknowns is like saying you should never, ever talk to strangers if you want to make friends.  

Can you list the unknowns currently working in hotel management? 

9 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I would not trade Robby.  Put him out there with a legit #1 (like DT from 5 years ago) plus Herndon and Crowder and that's a pretty good group.  It would be a total crap shoot expecting you could replace him with a 5th round talent.  JMO...

Not for anything less than a 3. Now that we got a 3 for Leo, going into a draft with your #1, #2 & three #3s is good value. 

If not try to sign him to a "decent" contract if he refuses & is looking to break the bank let him walk.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Do you really believe he's worth more ??????

What did.we give Pittsburgh for Santonio or Seattle for Harvin???

We be lucky as hell.to get a 5th

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

then keep him and extend him

I would think it would more than likely be an NFC team that might pony up than one in the AFC.  NFC guys like Packers, Eagles, Saints look at the 49'rs right now as the team to beat. They are playing great ball, but are young and unproven. AFC teams have to deal with the Pats. Don't know if it would make the same difference for them as it could for an NFC team.

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

It would depend on what the “multiple picks” were or “how much” money he costs in FA. I’d personally keep him unless you’re talking crazy like a 1st round pick which ain’t gonna happen 

You're getting more in a trade right now than you are in compensation picks when his contract expires and he signs with a real franchise.

• Upvote 2

What good player did any of those teams trade away to aquire their unknowns?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

What good player did any of those teams trade away to aquire their unknowns?

Why does that matter?  They were draft picks.  At some point, every successful team has traded away "known" quantities for draft picks.  Meaning at any given time, teams have traded away "known" quantities and then used the picks they got to bring in someone LIKE the players I listed.