Jump to content
AbstraKt

Trade Deadline Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Agreed, but no one is trading multiple picks for a safety. Is Adams self promotion GOOD FOR THE TEAM? You have to ask yourself this, Jamal Adams prances & preens on the field like he's the only guy TRYING. But he misses a tackle & the Jags get a TD, he gets flagged twice for PFs, he drops a pick. I love enthusiasm as much as the next fan, but this guy seems to UPSTAGE his teammates which is fine in college when tons of players aren't NFL caliber but in the Pros if your not making game changing plays but always puffing your chest that will grate on some, especially when your losing every game. Anyone who thinks the Jets wouldn't be better with Maye + anyone other than Adams & a stud LT & WR in his place are dillusional. 

Adams is under our control for another 2.5 years.  I wouldn't move him now unless there is an offer you can't refuse.   He will probably end up going to the Pro Bowl and actually may be all pro first team (if you go through PFF ratings).  Adding those accolades to his resume can only help us as far as trade value if the Jets decide to move on from him in the future.  Teams in the top part of the draft are probably not going to give up a top pick for him but a playoff caliber team may part with a #1 for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So rumors are Robbie is generating interest for a #5 draft pick, lol. Confirms everything we've been saying about Robbie here, 2nd WR AT BEST, 3rd WR on talented teams. Sanu takes a 2nd round pick & Anderson a 5th, but, but, I can't understand why Adam Gase doesn't get clever with his play calling? Where are the stupendous double reverses? YOU KNOW WHAT AN OFFENSE NEEDS TO DO FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN CALL MULTIPLE FORMATIONS AND MISDIRECTION? They need to be able to run a basic play like run off tackle LIKE EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE without the RB getting hit in the backfield by 3 guys as soon as he takes the handoff. We can't even run basic X,Y,Z plays with any success. 

Parcells would run basic sets until they could do it in their sleep & then he got creative. Everyone's screaming for screens, lmao! Have you seen what has happened the few times we've run a screen? Missed assignments, jailbreak rushers, we can't keep 8 & 9 guys off the LOS because EVERY SINGLE defender is winning ONE ON ONES with our sorry azz Oline! It's rock bottom folks! Did Frank Pollack forget how to coach an Oline? Alabama or Clemson probably has a better Oline right now! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So rumors are Robbie is generating interest for a #5 draft pick, lol. Confirms everything we've been saying about Robbie here, 2nd WR AT BEST, 3rd WR on talented teams. Sanu takes a 2nd round pick & Anderson a 5th, but, but, I can't understand why Adam Gase doesn't get clever with his play calling? Where are the stupendous double reverses? YOU KNOW WHAT AN OFFENSE NEEDS TO DO FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN CALL MULTIPLE FORMATIONS AND MISDIRECTION? They need to be able to run a basic play like run off tackle LIKE EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE without the RB getting hit in the backfield by 3 guys as soon as he takes the handoff. We can't even run basic X,Y,Z plays with any success. 

I like how you're calling Anderson terrible, and complaining why we can't utilize him in creative ways in the same post.

Is it any wonder why we can't stretch the field unless Anderson is somehow uncontested and in acres of space? He's not strong enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Jesus is we trade Anderson for a 5th rounder I’m losing all faith in Douglas 

if the league i offering a 5, what can Douglas do?  they may not like his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

sad andre johnson GIF

Robby Anderson finding out nobody wants to trade for him.

Should temper his ego a bit. He's a decent part to the puzzle, he's not the missing piece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, British Jet said:

I like how you're calling Anderson terrible, and complaining why we can't utilize him in creative ways in the same post.

Is it any wonder why we can't stretch the field unless Anderson is somehow uncontested and in acres of space? He's not strong enough.

I'm not calling him terrible? He's just a player. He's cast here as a #1 but nowhere else. I think you've completely misunderstood my post. I don't love Adam Gase, I just think hes unfortunately paying for the crimes of Macc, but that's why these guys get paid the big bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t trade Robby for anything less than a 2nd

which of course has no way of happening 

it seems obvious to me that Darnold relies on him.  He has to lead the team in targets when Darnold has been in there 

Darnold is shell shocked as it is, and now you are going to trade away his security blanket-(even though Bell should be the security blanket)

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we trade Robby who exactly will we be running out there at WR to help develop our QB?

im not against trading him. He seems like his effort isn’t always there but I’m guessing we would bring back Burnett and hope Herndon can make up some of the difference?  We would lose any ability to have a WR get downfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way we should be trading anderson is if we get a  offer for a 2nd rounder which seems unlikely or if there is some hidden attitude problem which there does not appear to be.

He brings enough ability to the table even if it is just a deep threat.

Unlike with leo Williams we have had no young wrs step up and make robbie expendable.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

If we trade Robby who exactly will we be running out there at WR to help develop our QB?

im not against trading him. He seems like his effort isn’t always there but I’m guessing we would bring back Burnett and hope Herndon can make up some of the difference?  We would lose any ability to have a WR get downfield. 

Smith 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not trade Robby.  Put him out there with a legit #1 (like DT from 5 years ago) plus Herndon and Crowder and that's a pretty good group.  It would be a total crap shoot expecting you could replace him with a 5th round talent.  JMO...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

You build on good players not unknowns.

The best teams are constantly built on unknowns.  The Seahawks' QB is Russell Wilson, who all 32 GM's passed on for two rounds.  The Rams' are built around Aaron Donald, who 12 GM's passed on.  The New England Patriots are built around a QB they drafted in the 6th round and a coach that was fired by the Browns (as well as cheating).  

Saying you can't build a team on unknowns is like saying you should never, ever talk to strangers if you want to make friends.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BCJet said:

If we trade Robby who exactly will we be running out there at WR to help develop our QB?

Outside of one nice play against Dallas, how has Robby himself been helping Sam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/latest-jets-and-giants-nfl-trade-buzz-and-rumors-ahead-of-tuesdays-4-pm-deadline/311324074

 

WR Robby Anderson remains the hot name on the market for the Jets, with the Jaguars, Eagles, Packers and Raiders all interested to some degree. The likely price is a third-round pick, but a bidding war could always get the Jets more. "People get crazy when it comes to speed," said one NFL talent evaluator. "That's why receivers always get more in trade than you'd think. Teams always want more game-breakers."

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they dont trade Robby for at least a 2nd round pick they should extend him today. I'd rather trade Jamal Adam's for a bounty.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

If they dont trade Robby for a 2nd round pick they should extend him today 

^This.  It should be a trade or an extension.  Getting neither means we come away with nothing for next year from Robby.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The best teams are constantly built on unknowns.  The Seahawks' QB is Russell Wilson, who all 32 GM's passed on for two rounds.  The Rams' are built around Aaron Donald, who 12 GM's passed on.  The New England Patriots are built around a QB they drafted in the 6th round and a coach that was fired by the Browns (as well as cheating).  

Saying you can't build a team on unknowns is like saying you should never, ever talk to strangers if you want to make friends.  

Can you list the unknowns currently working in hotel management? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I would not trade Robby.  Put him out there with a legit #1 (like DT from 5 years ago) plus Herndon and Crowder and that's a pretty good group.  It would be a total crap shoot expecting you could replace him with a 5th round talent.  JMO...

Not for anything less than a 3. Now that we got a 3 for Leo, going into a draft with your #1, #2 & three #3s is good value. 

If not try to sign him to a "decent" contract if he refuses & is looking to break the bank let him walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Do you really believe he's worth more ??????

 

What did.we give Pittsburgh for Santonio or Seattle for Harvin???

 

We be lucky as hell.to get a 5th

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

then keep him and extend him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Outside of one nice play against Dallas, how has Robby himself been helping Sam?

Not sure why anyone would trade for him. He doesn't help.

You can say that about every single one of our skill position players, if you're using this season as the proof. Why not trade them all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no doubt or disagreement our offense is discombobulated. So it makes sense to think that Robby in a good O, good Qb, time to throw, smart scheme could be a very effective deep threat this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think it would more than likely be an NFC team that might pony up than one in the AFC.  NFC guys like Packers, Eagles, Saints look at the 49'rs right now as the team to beat. They are playing great ball, but are young and unproven. AFC teams have to deal with the Pats. Don't know if it would make the same difference for them as it could for an NFC team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I propose Bell to the Steelers for a2nd and James Washington who is a vertical threat they don't use.

We then trade Robby Anderson to the highest bidder (3rd,4th,5th... Whatever)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HessStation said:

It would depend on what the “multiple picks” were or “how much” money he costs in FA. I’d personally keep him unless you’re talking crazy like a 1st round pick which ain’t gonna happen 

You're getting more in a trade right now than you are in compensation picks when his contract expires and he signs with a real franchise.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The best teams are constantly built on unknowns.  The Seahawks' QB is Russell Wilson, who all 32 GM's passed on for two rounds.  The Rams' are built around Aaron Donald, who 12 GM's passed on.  The New England Patriots are built around a QB they drafted in the 6th round and a coach that was fired by the Browns (as well as cheating).  
Saying you can't build a team on unknowns is like saying you should never, ever talk to strangers if you want to make friends.  
What good player did any of those teams trade away to aquire their unknowns?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

What good player did any of those teams trade away to aquire their unknowns?

Why does that matter?  They were draft picks.  At some point, every successful team has traded away "known" quantities for draft picks.  Meaning at any given time, teams have traded away "known" quantities and then used the picks they got to bring in someone LIKE the players I listed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...