Trade Deadline Thread

AbstraKt

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Revis was a #1 CB a very important prime positions.

Abraham was a #1 pass rusher a prime position (who got us mangold)

Adams plays a low value position.

The point was trading our stars for picks hasn’t gotten us anywhere. Except rebuild after rebuild .  On And that low value position player bout to net us more than revis and Abraham 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

He is box safety you can find those anywhere who doesn’t make a impact . You can find those in free agency Atleast that’s what I been told for 3 years . Why pay 2 1st for him?!

I'm not really all that concerned why anyone is willing to give us that. I'll be ecstatic if it happens.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So sad that Joe Douglas is doing everything he can to break apart Macc's playoff roster @Pac

Playoff roster was crushed in the summer..  joe d reacting to reality of situation.  I dont blame him for fielding calls.  This was a playoff roster but sadly reminiscent of 98..  glad it seems to make some of you happy.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trading Abraham got us Mangold.  So that's something.  

A Pro Bowl player who played for a high level for us for 11 years, at least 8 of which was at a high level.

Abe, to his credit, played a long time as well, and had 5 seasons of double digit sacks for Atlanta.  At the time of the deal, Abe had also missed at least 4 games in 3 of his first 6 seasons, and wanted a huge pay increase.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Could you blame any player who wanted to get the eff off this team? It's a Mickie Mouse organization right now. 

Yes I can blame them. 

Part of the issue is players not putting their head down and working when things are going tough. 

Jamal asking for a trade when things are tough is the absolute definition of a quitter and says a whole lot about his character. If you truly want the rebuild to happen, which we all do, talented or not, guys like this arent the ones that get it done. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

The point was trading our stars for picks hasn’t gotten us anywhere. Except rebuild after rebuild .  On And that low value position player bout to net us more than revis and Abraham 

You need star players in positions that matter.  If you can turn a star player in a position that really is low priory for a couple of solid starters in more important positions you do it.  Especially if you are selling at a player highest point of value.

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is the big rah rah we need dawgs i am a player etc etc and he is not willing to be the foundation as other say of this team??  He cries like a baby at losing and wants out?

A total front runner in every way.

He is what some of us thought what he was.

He comes to play every damn game, unlike many others. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1