Trade Deadline Thread

AbstraKt

then keep him and extend him
Unfortunately ... This might be the unavoidable path we must go down ... I like Robbie and admire his perseverance. But dude ain't worth any sort of big money ... If you can extend him for the cost of a WR3 I guess I'm cool with that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes I can blame them. 

Part of the issue is players not putting their head down and working when things are going tough. 

Jamal asking for a trade when things are tough is the absolute definition of a quitter and says a whole lot about his character. If you truly want the rebuild to happen, which we all do, talented or not, guys like this arent the ones that get it done. 

One thing you can say about Adams is that he was always committed to this organization, fan base and winning.  Being 10-29 with no hope in sight will weigh on any person.  We have dudes on here who have been fans for a long time who talk about not being fans anymore constantly yet a player is supposed to stay loyal?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Jamal Adams has one of the very few Jets touchdowns of the year. The kid is an absolute monster and is not the type of player you give away for penuts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Brah, that was his 1st ever career INT and it was thrown right to him. He wasnt even covering the intended receiver. I like Adams too but be real.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is not what you said. You were spouting a bunch of words that can't be proven. 

As a matter of fact, if I were to guess at it, last week he looked like he "didn't come ready to play".

Watch the game tape he wreaks havoc all over the field, he's the only pass rusher when they blitz him. 

STOP THE HATE 

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

A Pro Bowl player who played for a high level for us for 11 years, at least 8 of which was at a high level.

Abe, to his credit, played a long time as well, and had 5 seasons of double digit sacks for Atlanta.  At the time of the deal, Abe had also missed at least 4 games in 3 of his first 6 seasons, and wanted a huge pay increase.

A rare deal that worked out well for both teams, really. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Watch the game tape he wreaks havoc all over the field, he's the only pass rusher when they blitz him. 

STOP THE HATE 

Like it or not, there is a price for every player. You can't just ignore great offers, because the player may be good. He does not move the needle that much.

I like Adams, but if we get bowled over as some of the comp seems to suggest, you have to do it.

Did you marry the first girl you dated?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

One thing you can say about Adams is that he was always committed to this organization, fan base and winning.  Being 10-29 with no hope in sight will weigh on any person.  We have dudes on here who have been fans for a long time who talk about not being fans anymore constantly yet a player is supposed to stay loyal?

Yet two things can be true at the same time. 

Jets fans talking about jumping ship all the time are certainly quitters as is Jamal Adams for asking for a trade. 

The difference being though, that the fans have endured 50,000x more heartache and adversity while supporting the Jets than Jamal could ever dream of.

• Upvote 1

Like it or not, there is a price for every player. You can't just ignore great offers, because the player may be good. He does not move the needle that much.

I like Adams, but if we get bowled over as some of the comp seems to suggest, you have to do it.

Did you marry the first girl you dated?

Look we agree to disagree. Did you?

What good are draft picks for "what if" players we need more Vernon Gholstons and Dee Milliners, Adams is a foundation player you can only hope to replace him a big question mark, Being discussed on ESPN right now. GOOD PLAYER HARD TO REPLACE. 

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Wut?  Your first statement seems to be 100% false if he has gone to the owner to ask to be traded.

He has been here 2  and a 3rd years.  It is not as if he has been lingering for a decade on a losing team.

His actions, if correct say he was never committed to this team or fans and is a large fraud in that regard.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

What good are draft picks for "what if" players we need more Vernon Gholstons and Dee Milliners, Adams is a foundation player you can only hope to replace him a big question mark, Being discussed on ESPN right now. GOOD PLAYER HARD TO REPLACE. 

Adams isn't helping this team win... period stop...

Just now, joewilly12 said:

In that case, I don't know why we don't trade every draft pick.

Leaders don't walk around being afraid of making future decisions, because others have failed in those decisions in the past . they put themselves in the best chance to succeed. 

In that case, I don't know why we don't trade every draft pick.

Leaders don't walk around being afraid of making future decisions, because others have failed in those decisions in the past . they put themselves in the best chance to succeed. 

We damn near traded or cut every first round pick in the last 10 years follow along. 

This team is a loser because of this.