Sign in to follow this  
Barry McCockinner

2018 Sacks Allowed vs. 2019 Sacks Allowed

insane in so many ways. Someway with Bowles and a less talented roster last year we were actually a better team at every level

• Upvote 1

Well when you draft 3 olineman in 5 years with non premium picks and continue to trade picks for older OL vets who are over the hill or coming off injury this is what happens. How this organization could spend what we did to get Darnold only to put him behind this line just goes to show how insanely piss poor our FO has been in recent years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They have to get Edoga back in the bench. Dude has single-handedly ruined the offense 

He seemed to play well at RT. LT is a big stretch for him at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So maybe we are starting to understand why the 2018 Jets were not a pass first team? 

nor should they be this season.  they have bell.  get him free.  there's a method to the madness of ground and pound.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

insane in so many ways. Someway with Bowles and a less talented roster last year we were actually a better team at every level

The healthy roster this year is much less talented than a year ago.  If we were healthy things would be different.

Not to mention we have also played a killer schedule so far unlike a year ago where we have Cleveland their first win in 2 years, for beat up by Miami (who was their coach again?), Got smoked by Jax, didn't compete against Minnesota,...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

We weren’t better on the offensive line though it seems.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They have to get Edoga back in the bench. Dude has single-handedly ruined the offense 

He's been shockingly bad at LT, but he seemed ok at RT. 

For some reason this is a surprise when the Gm ignores the oline for 5 years?

Among all of macs sins this is by far the worst.  And what makes it inconceivable (said in a princess bride fashion) is that Mac was in Houston when they picked Carr and did the very same thing.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For some reason this is a surprise when the Gm ignores the oline for 5 years?

Among all of macs sins this is by far the worst.  And what makes it inconceivable (said in a princess bride fashion) is that Mac was in Houston when they picked Carr and did the very same thing.

To me the surprise is that the o-line isn't much different than last year in terms of talent, but it has played much, much worse. I could make an argument that the o-line is more talented this year than it was last.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

To me the surprise is that the o-line isn't much different than last year in terms of talent, but it has played much, much worse. I could make an argument that the o-line is more talented this year than it was last.

The starters didn't play a snap together in preseason and yesterday 3 of the 5 week 1 starters were out.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

No, he really didn't.

Agree to disagree. He was serviceable at RT. He has been a disaster at LT

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agree to disagree. He was serviceable at RT. He has been a disaster at LT

Those of us who knew in advance that he was going to be a disaster at LT are probably better judges of how he actually played at RT.

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Luke Falk absorbing 70 sacks skews this a bit

I don't blame Luke Falk for the o-line not knowing how to protect in this scheme. Darnold has been under the same duress.

A lot of these sack numbers are coming from guys not knowing how to protect inside, out.  This is stuff you learn in pop warner. Why are we failing in the NFL?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't blame Luke Falk for the o-line not knowing how to protect in this scheme. Darnold has been under the same duress.

A lot of these sack numbers are coming from guys not knowing how to protect inside, out.  This is stuff you learn in pop warner. Why are we failing in the NFL?

Wait for Leo to blow up the game in a couple weeks 😞 

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Those of us who knew in advance that he was going to be a disaster at LT are probably better judges of how he actually played at RT.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He's been shockingly bad at LT, but he seemed ok at RT. 

I think he gave up two sacks and, like, five pressures in two games at ORT

Osemele and Kalil were “former pro bowlers”, but both had graded out extremely poorly with their prior teams in 2018.

I’m not saying I was against acquiring either, but we should not be surprised by how they and the line as a whole has performed. Our “upgrades” were bad players before they got here and the existing players were all among the worst at their positions as well.

Maccagnan really ****ed us. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he gave up two sacks and, like, five pressures in two games at ORT

Yea, well, my eyes tell me he is a ridiculously bad LT and I didn't really notice him at RT. 

We can replace the entire starting OL as far as I am concerned. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Luke Falk absorbing 70 sacks skews this a bit

Yes, but Darnold has also escaped quite a few sacks that either Falk or Siemian probably take. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is one of the biggest indictments of Gase as a coach, thus far. 

You are an offensive coach - please stabilize your offensive line. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Osemele and Kalil were “former pro bowlers”, but both had graded out extremely poorly with their prior teams in 2018.

I’m not saying I was against acquiring either, but we should not be surprised by how they and the line as a whole has performed. Our “upgrades” were bad players before they got here and the existing players were all among the worst at their positions as well.

Maccagnan really ****ed us. 

Has an organization, in any professional sport, ever had back to back GMs worse than Idzik and Macc daddy? 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Has an organization, in any professional sport, ever had back to back GMs worse than Idzik and Macc daddy? 

Yes the Lions but both their guys were named “Matt Millen,” oddly enough 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is one of the biggest indictments of Gase as a coach, thus far. 

You are an offensive coach - please stabilize your offensive line. 

I would only change this to say "your protection" instead of "offensive line". Reason being, there's not much he can do about the lack of talent. He can work with them on fundamentals of the scheme, include additional resources (IE TE's, additional OL's, RB's) in the protections scheme, and some small things like be creative with the cadence.

• Upvote 1

All of this despite the Jets bringing back 4 of 5 last year's starters, and is Alex Lewis really any worse than James Carpenter/Spencer Long?  The Beachum injury has definitely been an issue the past couple of weeks, but this OL has been a disaster since week 1.  Bottom line, players all over this roster are performing significantly worse than they did last year, it's just that OL is the most clear example of that.  Meanwhile, for years such accusations were made towards Bowles while never having any evidence to support it (i.e., Jets players routinely played as bad or worse with their next teams/coaches).

That reality of under-performance, more than anything else, including the team record, is the most substantial indictment of Gase.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He was the back up RT now starting at LT with a backup G now playing RT.   and the time he played at RT where excellent.  Lets just get the kid back to RT.  Lets get Beechum healthy and back at LT and maybe the OL can go from god awful to just bad.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Breaking News- Line line sucked before Egoda. He’s just a bad dessert after a crappy meal.