Leonard Williams traded to the Giants

extmenace

19 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Wait, which Richardson are you referring to here?  Because if it's Sheldon, he both outperformed Williams and netted more in return.  Not a particularly good comparison for Leo.

IMO, Leo performed better .  I was just alluding to the fact that the Jets do knee-jerk reactions by releasing players post-haste.  But, Richardson was considered an under-achiever.

10 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

What? Williams isnt half the playr sheldon was

Very debatable since they both failed with the Jets type of system. Sheldon went to other teams and perform admirably. I'll hold off  making too much of a case about it and just  wait and see how Leo makes out with other teams but I have a good feeling he'll be in the NFL for just as long as Sheldon.

37 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

No It's Richardson as in Sheldon, pay attention!

I'll take back leo as a free agent - he may not get what he wants , who knows? But what do you you think the odds of the Jets getting a 3rd round pick that will start? Zilch,

Wow.  That is even further out of line than I thought.  You just listed Richardson as a draft bust with Blair Thomas and Vernon Gholston? Holy sh*t.  All while singing the praises of Leonard Williams?  Talk about misguided and incapable of player evaluation.  

You'll take back Leo?  Enjoy.  That is literally based on him "not getting what he wants" which by definition means he is not worth that much. 

I feel sorry for people that think you can't get starters in the 3rd round.   I know you've been burned before, but of the Jets  starting offense, only Darnold (1st), Kalil, & Bell (2nd) were taken before the 3rd round.  On D, only the safeties, Mosley and I guess you can count Williams.  Sure the Jets suck, but the greatest all-time Patriots only have Dorsett and Michel on O.  On D, they loaded up with Gilmore, McCourty, Hightower, Shelton, Van Noy, Collins and Chung coming before the 3rd. Of course, most of those guys are older or were dumped as busts by their prior teams. The idea that there is no talent past the 1st two rounds is what Maccagnan fans are selling. We aren't buying    

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

IMO, Leo performed better .  I was just alluding to the fact that the Jets do knee-jerk reactions by releasing players post-haste.  But, Richardson was considered an under-achiever.

Alluding to the fact?  Your comps were Blair Thomas, Vernon Gholston and... Richardson.   Are you suggesting that the team had a knee jerk reaction and gave up on Thomas and Gholston too quickly?

What the ****?

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Alluding to the fact?  Your comps were Blair Thomas, Vernon Gholston and... Richardson.   Are you suggesting that the team had a knee jerk reaction and gave up on Thomas and Gholston too quickly?

What the ****?

I mean, obviously Gholston and Richardson are pretty much the same player, right?

15 hours ago, choon328 said:

If you feel shame for something a team that you're not connected to in any way shape or form except being a fan you probably need to take a step back and reassess things. 

Jesus, you're taking my use of the word "shame" way too literal, but if you don't have an issue with this team repeatedly drafting players high only to see them flare out, get cut, or get traded for a much lesser amount, then I don't even know why you're a fan.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bomberjet said:

No It's Richardson as in Sheldon, pay attention!

I'll take back leo as a free agent - he may not get what he wants , who knows? But what do you you think the odds of the Jets getting a 3rd round pick that will start? Zilch,

Zilch?  Even sh*tty Mike Maccagnan once drafted Jordan Jenkins in the 3rd round.  

Your under-valuing of draft picks is not surprising but it's wrong all the same.  

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

So, in other words, you cannot explain how the 2017 win vs. the Chiefs is helping the Jets today.  You could have saved a lot of keystrokes and just said that.

Tell me how it hurt us?  Show me the team that became a big time team by tanking in the NFL?

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It cost us the opportunity to draft 3 players in the 2nd round.

And all of our problems would be solved if we did, right?

Here's our 2nd Rd picks this decade:

Vlad Ducasse

Stephen Hill

Geno Smith

Jace Amaro

Devin Smith

Christian Hackenberg

Marcus Mate

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wow.  That is even further out of line than I thought.  You just listed Richardson as a draft bust with Blair Thomas and Vernon Gholston? Holy sh*t.  All while singing the praises of Leonard Williams?  Talk about misguided and incapable of player evaluation.  

You'll take back Leo?  Enjoy.  That is literally based on him "not getting what he wants" which by definition means he is not worth that much. 

I feel sorry for people that think you can't get starters in the 3rd round.   I know you've been burned before, but of the Jets  starting offense, only Darnold (1st), Kalil, & Bell (2nd) were taken before the 3rd round.  On D, only the safeties, Mosley and I guess you can count Williams.  Sure the Jets suck, but the greatest all-time Patriots only have Dorsett and Michel on O.  On D, they loaded up with Gilmore, McCourty, Hightower, Shelton, Van Noy, Collins and Chung coming before the 3rd. Of course, most of those guys are older or were dumped as busts by their prior teams. The idea that there is no talent past the 1st two rounds is what Maccagnan fans are selling. We aren't buying    

If you were a Jet fan at the time when Sheldon was dumped , you should recall that there were many fans calling the man a bust. You make it sound as if I were the only one making that claim. If you say I'm misguided, well I can make the case that there were quite a number at that time because I do recall many using the 'B' word and were glad to see him go.

As far as #3's go, there's no question the Jets have been snake bit - I can name several players that never made it past the 2nd year - if you make the assumption that JD can do better, what's his track record?

Perhaps you missed  some of my posts but I made it a point to say that the Jets personnel is fine and that the coaching out right  just  plain sucks. But  if you  want to make an argument about that, please by all means but first  give a listen to this interview including the one with Mike Westhoff: He'll explain all you need to know about the Jet's problems are.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/28/christopher-johnsons-eye-opening-message-to-jets-fan/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zilch?  Even sh*tty Mike Maccagnan once drafted Jordan Jenkins in the 3rd round.  

Your under-valuing of draft picks is not surprising but it's wrong all the same.  

All wrong? Well that Jenkins pick was an aberration , obviously.  Hansen, Polite, Shepherd (drug suspension) , Stewart, Maulden , McDougle, just these recent years.  Where are they? Any wonder why this team is in the present shape they are is?

But as I pointed out in many posts  the coaching has to take the brunt of the fault here.

Just now, Bomberjet said:

All wrong? Well that Jenkins pick was an aberration , obviously.  Hansen, Polite, Shepherd (drug suspension) , Stewart, Maulden , McDougle, just these recent years.  Where are they? Any wonder why this team is the present shape they are is?

But as I pointed out in many posts  the coaching has to take the brunt of the fault here.

LOL.  Macc was literally the worst GM in the league by far.  We're on the same page there.  Yet you somehow pin the MAJORITY of the blame on the coach after all that?  Come on man.  You were SO close to getting it!

35 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

If you were a Jet fan at the time when Sheldon was dumped , you should recall that there were many fans calling the man a bust. You make it sound as if I were the only one making that claim. If you say I'm misguided, well I can make the case that there were quite a number at that time because I do recall many using the 'B' word and were glad to see him go.

As far as #3's go, there's no question the Jets have been snake bit - I can name several players that never made it past the 2nd year - if you make the assumption that JD can do better, what's his track record?

Perhaps you missed  some of my posts but I made it a point to say that the Jets personnel is fine and that the coaching out right  just  plain sucks. But  if you  want to make an argument about that, please by all means but first  give a listen to this interview including the one with Mike Westhoff: He'll explain all you need to know about the Jet's problems are.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/28/christopher-johnsons-eye-opening-message-to-jets-fan/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

You think the personnel is fine?  Guess there isn't much point discussing most of this stuff.  

Who called Richardson a bust?  There were concerns about  him getting suspended, but he was a 4 year starter for the team, made a pro bowl and netted a 2nd plus when he left.  What exactly did Leonard Williams do that was better?  In case you haven't noticed, there were several recent threads here calling Williams a bust.  Even the biggest Richardson hater would not lump him in with Blair Thomas or Vernon Gholston, yet here we are.

I don't really give a **** what you think about the track record of Joe Douglas.  The fact is, if he is so bad at picking in the 3rd that he would be better off with 9 games of a $14M DT we are doomed.  If he is that bad, we are better off finding out now and moving on, rather than pretending that it is a "competitive rebuild" and giving him more time.  

Gase, Bowles, Williams, Bates, Morton Gailey.  They aren't all idiots, but the results sure seem similar. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's kind of insane how many DL the Jets have drafted in the first the last ten years and how many are actually still on the team.

I think Rex was really good with the D line.  That is one of the big shames of drafting those guys for him.  He was pretty damned good at locating and developing UDFA level talent.  Devito, Snacks, Pitoitua, Hyder.  Those guys came from nowhere and were solid and some even had success elsewhere.  Hyder is getting significant time with the Cowboys.  Hell, even TJ Barnes was on the Panthers roster this offseason.  Some people say Rex is nothing more than a glorified D line coach.  I think he is more than that, but he is a candidate for your all-time staff as D line coach.

12 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

All wrong? Well that Jenkins pick was an aberration , obviously.  Hansen, Polite, Shepherd (drug suspension) , Stewart, Maulden , McDougle, just these recent years.  Where are they? Any wonder why this team is in the present shape they are is?

So because our prior sh*tty GMs did a poor job picking in the 3rd round, we should avoid draft picks?  Coaching obviously wasn't the problem with those guys because McDougle is really the only one that got any run anywhere else.  

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

And all of our problems would be solved if we did, right?

Here's our 2nd Rd picks this decade:

Vlad Ducasse

Stephen Hill

Geno Smith

Jace Amaro

Devin Smith

Christian Hackenberg

Marcus Mate

Is that what I said?  That all our problems would be solved?

Why don't you just answer the question, rather than making stuff up?  What did the December 2017 win against the Chiefs do to help the Jets today?

20 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Is that what I said?  That all our problems would be solved?

Why don't you just answer the question, rather than making stuff up?  What did the December 2017 win against the Chiefs do to help the Jets today?

You are doing the exact same thing you are whining about.  That draft was about getting the franchise QB and we did that.