Leonard Williams traded to the Giants

extmenace

Just now, rangerous said:

i doubt if they couldn't have gotten much more than a 3rd in this year's draft but it would've been better had they got a 4th or 3rd in 2021 too.

We are likely getting a 4th in 2021.  If he signs an extension with the Giants (seems likely), that 5th escalates to a 4th.  

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

Well hopefully that pick is a center unless we can somehow pry Erik McCoy from the Saints.  If so, hopefully that pick is a RT.

You're not getting a lynchpin RT with a 3rd round pick.  You're probably not getting a lynchpin Center that late either tbqh.  But it should get us a O-Line prospect, at least, if Douglas is as good a scout as we hear.

Just sad to see how many D Linemen we drafted ultra-high that wound up being nothing for us.  Makes it hard to see Q Williams as anything more than just the next Leo in line for shipping elsewhere or cutting loose.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  Joe Douglas didn't draft Leonard Williams.  

2.  Value is the max amount that a team is willing to give up for Leonard.  A contending team would have had to give up a 2 to beat this.  Think anyone is giving up a late 2 for an unathletic and disappointing DT who can't rush the passer?

Dude give it up..  you were proven wrong AGAIN.

Couple of us have been saying for weeks this is the low end of acceptable and we were called crazy.  Just because you didnt understand doesn't mean some of us didn't.

• Thumb Down 1

Nice trade.  Sure, Leo might wake up and finally become a star, but he wasn't here with the Jets, and the Jets have a desperate need to totally rebuild their OL in the draft.  The more picks, esp. premium picks (rounds 1-3, the better).  

Now there's a chance for two OL, a WR and either a CB or Edge with the four current picks in rounds 1-3 next year.

I'd imagine Robby is traded, too.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who was giving up a 2 for Leo, @Paccagnan?

Last week it was who's giving up a 3rd... week before that was no way anyone giving up a 3rd and 5th..  you were wrong.  I called this exact return of picks weeks ago.

Go back to bed.

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

The last two GM’a couldn’t draft for sh*t, what makes you think this one is any different?

He wasn't hired by the Johnson's, so that's a change.  And the answer isn't to assume the GM can't draft and avoid going after picks.  Literally the only proven way to build a contender is thru the draft.  Did you want him to trade away all his picks and try to overpay free agents to come here instead?  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We are likely getting a 4th in 2021.  If he signs an extension with the Giants (seems likely), that 5th escalates to a 4th.  

thanks.  i'm glad they traded williams and a 3rd alone is probably okay given the trade atmosphere, especially since the giants will be drafting top ten.  the 5th made it better and if it escalates it's better stil.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

Last week it was who's giving up a 3rd... week before that job way anyone giving up a 3rd and 5th..  you were wrong.  I called this exact return of picks weeks ago.

Go back to bed.

Really?  You called that a non-contending team would give up a 3rd plus a 2021 4th?  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’ll take a 3rd and a 5th.

Solid trade. Let’s see who he uses those picks on.

As of now I’m happy with the extra draft capital.(especially from a 2-6 team)

That's the key in this deal. I read where the 5th in 21 becomes a 4th if the Giants resign him.