Leonard Williams traded to the Giants

extmenace

We are likely getting a 4th in 2021.  If he signs an extension with the Giants (seems likely), that 5th escalates to a 4th.  
Nice work by Joe, there is nothing not to like about this deal. In fact, I hope he has a monster 2nd half so the Giants will go all out to lock him up long term.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Middling?  If the season ended now, the Giants would pick 5th.  

If you want to spank the monkey over a 3rd round pick for a #6 pick player, be my guest.  It's amazing watching you people try and shine sh*t and call it gold.

Let me put this into perspective for you:  We just traded Leo, a #6 pick and "best player in the draft" i.e. another failed Jets DLineman.....for the equivalent of an ArDarius Stewart and a Chad Hanson to be named later.

Better than nothing, not nearly as good as having picked a guy who didn't suck in the first place.  Sure, be glad we got something, but gloating over this is like gloating at making a tackle when down 42-3.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Gotta hope Leo signs an extension. Excellent work from Joe D here likely giving us 2 early picks in the 3rd round.

I am not sure what this means?  Williams salary was over $14M this season, not $6M.  I assume they meant pro-rated, but the season isn't half over yet, so it should still be over $7M.  

5 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The over riding feeling is indifference. Shrug.

decent value now but just another wasted first round DL - this one advertised as the next “Reggie White” with and opportunity cost of Todd Gurley. 

Another rotation on the merry go round of suck 

Macc should never work in the NFL again.  Not even as an area scout.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, deucebag said:

IDK I see Leo better as a 4/3 DE, am I the only one?

Weren't we told all offseason Gregg Williams was going to run 4-3 sets and get the most out of Leo?

If the breakout season wasn't going to come under a veteran DC like GW, it's not likely going to happen under James Bettcher.  

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Look Gettleman isn’t a bad talent evaluator. And Leo isn’t a bad player. He isn’t a sack guy but he can be a key guy and contributor. They played him more over Quinnen. 

If one is inclined to optimism for no identifiable reason, as most of you are, it could be argued that Quinnen's managed workload represents the Jets finally doing it right for a change. How many snaps did the other DL we drafted play out of the gate and how did it turn out? How about Donald, Suh, Cox, etc.?

• Upvote 1

You're not getting a lynchpin RT with a 3rd round pick.  You're probably not getting a lynchpin Center that late either tbqh.  But it should get us a O-Line prospect, at least, if Douglas is as good a scout as we hear.

Jason Fabini was a 4th rounder. Happens more often than most people think.
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you want to spank the monkey over a 3rd round pick for a #6 pick player, be my guest.  It's amazing watching you people try and shine sh*t and call it gold.

Let me put this into perspective for you:  We just traded Leo, a #6 pick and "best player in the draft" i.e. another failed Jets DLineman.....for the equivalent of an ArDarius Stewart and a Chad Hanson to be named later.

Better than nothing, not nearly as good as having picked a guy who didn't suck in the first place.  Sure, be glad we got something, but gloating over this is like gloating at making a tackle when down 42-3.  

Sunk cost fallacy BORING

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're not getting a lynchpin RT with a 3rd round pick.  You're probably not getting a lynchpin Center that late either tbqh.  But it should get us a O-Line prospect, at least, if Douglas is as good a scout as we hear.

Just sad to see how many D Linemen we drafted ultra-high that wound up being nothing for us.  Makes it hard to see Q Williams as anything more than just the next Leo in line for shipping elsewhere or cutting loose.

early 3rd round pick can be a starting G or RT.  also think they'll be trading back in the first round to get even more picks.  the jets are going to have a lot of picks this year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If one is inclined to optimism for no identifiable reason, as most of you are, it could be argued that Quinnen's managed workload represents the Jets finally doing it right for a change. How many snaps did the other DL we drafted play out of the gate and how did it turn out? How about Donald, Suh, Cox, etc.?

Jets fan optimism generally consists of identifying one outlier and clinging to “it’s possible.”

2 minutes ago, Plen T said:

terrible take

we're here now and Leo is a bum that wasn't being resigned, and they got more than the Texans got for Jadeveon Clowney

that's a hell of a trade

You have no idea how good of a trade it is till we use those picks and see what they are, and how Leo plays in Giants Blue.

But by all means, celebrate that yet another Jets top 10 pick turned out to be a failure here.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4

Just now, prime21 said:

I don't believe him being a #6 pick in the draft had any bearing on his trade value today.  We got as much as we could for someone we weren't resigning.  

Exactly.  We've all discussed Macc's many draft failures many times.  Some people are acting like anything less than getting the # 6 overall pick back for Leo is bad news today. 

No one was going to give us a 2nd round pick.  Hence, we got the max value we could out of Leo, at the end of his contract.  That's worth being happy about.  All Douglas can do is make the best out of a bad hand he was dealt here.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Wilkerson seemed to have been developed pretty nicely.  Right up to the point he got the paycheck. 

14 minutes ago, DLJ said:

The Jets can’t draft for sh*t— not sure how this is a win.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You're not sure?  ...Leo was going to walk. Given the number of FAs we're likely to sign next year, not even sure we'd get a comp pick... And you're wondering how this win?? 

On the other hand, given the jets drafting habits tho, to your point it's kind of irrelevant. 

• Upvote 2