Leonard Williams traded to the Giants

extmenace

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Weren't we told all offseason Gregg Williams was going to run 4-3 sets and get the most out of Leo?

If the breakout season wasn't going to come under a veteran DC like GW, it's not likely going to happen under James Bettcher.  

Yeah we were LOL, earlier in the season there were some 4-3 sets, maybe losing Henry Anderson stopped that.  One thing tho, Dexter Lawrence and Davlin Tomilson are much more talented than anyone Leo was sharing the DL with on the Jets - so I do expect an uptick in Leo's performance.  I hope the trade means we bring Bronson Kafusi up from the practice squad - I thought he played well last year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

early 3rd round pick can be a starting G or RT.  also think they'll be trading back in the first round to get even more picks.  the jets are going to have a lot of picks this year.

Which is good.  We certainly have a ton of talent-holes to fill.

Macc has left this team bereft of both depth and front-line-talent.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  We've all discussed Macc's many draft failures many times.  Some people are acting like anything less than getting the # 6 overall pick back for Leo is bad news today. 

No one was going to give us a 2nd round pick.  Hence, we got the max value we could out of Leo, at the end of his contract.  That's worth being happy about.  All Douglas can do is make the best out of a bad hand he was dealt here.  

early 3rd round pick next year for run stuffing DL is good.  draft position is irrelevant now.  i also think douglas will look to trade back in the first round to get more draft capital, unlike mccagnan.  also the more picks he can acquire, the less overall pressure there will be to reach for OL in 1st round if there are other offensive playmakers there.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

You're not sure?  ...Leo was going to walk. Given the number of FAs we're likely to sign next year, not even sure we'd get a comp pick... And you're wondering how this win?? 

On the other hand, given the jets drafting habits tho, to your point it's kind of irrelevant. 

Have no choice but hope JD is the man. What else do we have?

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You have no idea how good of a trade it is till we use those picks and see what they are, and how Leo plays in Giants Blue.

But by all means, celebrate that yet another Jets top 10 pick turned out to be a failure here.  

Why did you come here to lecture fans?  To bitch about a trade.  

Another post whining about fans acting like fans.  

But hey, PAC agrees with this shlt

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

early 3rd round pick can be a starting G or RT.  also think they'll be trading back in the first round to get even more picks.  the jets are going to have a lot of picks this year.

I really hope they can go LT in round one (Thomas or Wirfs?) and then C in round 2.  Third round should have some decent WR prospects in a draft supposedly deep at that position.  CB?  Edge? Also, round 3 is fine for grabbing a G.

Another thing about an extra 3rd is ammo to move up.  Got a blue chip C available late in the first, maybe package your early 2nd and early 3rd to move up, though I'd rather the Jets move down and get more picks.  

This roster is awful and need to be totally redone.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheClashFan said:

I really hope they can go LT in round one (Thomas or Wirfs?) and then C in round 2.  Third round should have some decent WR prospects in a draft supposedly deep at that position.  CB?  Edge? Also, round 3 is fine for grabbing a G.

Another thing about an extra 3rd is ammo to move up.  Got a blue chip C available last in the first, maybe package your early 2nd and early 4rd to move up, though I'd rather the Jets move down and get more picks.  

This roster is awful and need to be totally redone.

with this roster i would say it's more likely they move back than up.  this draft should have more offensive prospects so it could be a perfect storm if they can trade back in the first.

15 minutes ago, DLJ said:

The last two GM’a couldn’t draft for sh*t, what makes you think this one is any different?

Anyone who got a 3rd and an additional pick for Leo is a pretty good IMO. Fair deal for the Jets. You could turn that extra 3rd with an additional pick and maybe move back into the 2nd. Now get something of value for Robbie and I will be so happy with Douglas.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Literally no one is celebrating that.  What do you want us to do, sh*t on Macc some more?  Because I'll gladly do that.  But today's thread is about our new GM getting the most he could out of a player on an expiring contract.  Those are 2 separate discussions entirely.  

Do whatever you like. 

IMO this is a "meh, ok, least we got something for our failure" moment, not a "WOW DOUGLAS IS SO SMART WE FLEECED THEM VAGIANTS GUD AREN'T WE GREAT" moment.

/shrug, I'll never understand this fanbase.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

As a side note: I totally expect him to have a 3 sack game when they play us in two weeks.

Douglas should have put a provision into the trade that we also get a 6th round pick if Williams records 3 or more sacks in that game. ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

with this roster i would say it's more likely they move back than up.  this draft should have more offensive prospects so it could be a perfect storm if they can trade back in the first.

I totally agree unless this season goes so badly that they have a chance for Thomas.  He looks like a monster prospect but probably goes in the top 3-4 picks.