the new gase master plan

kmnj

get rid of anybody with  talent or a name so he can say hey I was 1-15 but look who I was working with. No Leo No Robby(you know he is next) Sam was sick. My dog at my homework. We will be stuck with this clown for another two years too. A guy that should NEVER have been hired

Jets some how think it is good to draft guys in the first round and then trade them for much lower picks and some how that is value? We cant hit on our first rounds but some how we will hit on later picks lol so jet like

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Leo sucks. You get 2 picks for him you take it and run. Robbie? What has he done? Not much. If Douglas gets close to getting what he got for Leo for Robbie you do that too. I'd rather have the picks instead of signing those two to deals that will kill much needed cap space.

Robbie has more value.  Leo was a run clogger no better than the other 4 guys we have...

Robbie, while he's not a #1 can be much more dangerous if we find a #1....and build an Oline.

• Upvote 4

Its all an awful situation and screams how badly managed this team has been over the years, up to and including Gase hiring and the last draft. Gase is clearly not a HC, he basically admitted that yesterday by saying it was his fault that he did not do enough to protect his QB. That's all I need to hear to realize the guy is not a good HC. So we do this again every year, fire the CS with hope of finally finding the right person to lead us back from football oblivion. I honestly have not watched much of any games over the past 4 years as usually the minute we fall behind, it is lights out, they give up and / or cannot ever mount a come back. Since the last AFCCG, we have slipped into a seemingly never ending non competitive total irrelevance. I still keep hoping that someday before I pass away, this franchise will find itself. Right now, it is a blind man walking through the desert with no destination and no direction.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Robbie has more value.  Leo was a run clogger no better than the other 4 guys we have...

Robbie, while he's not a #1 can be much more dangerous if we find a #1....and build an Oline.

Robbie is good at deep passes but not at anything else. He's not physical enough. He's way too frail. When he catches anything that's not a. Deep pass near the sideline. I fear he will be out muscled for the catch and if he does catch it. They will rip the pass out of his hands.

Leo, we had high expectations for you. You didn't meet them at all.

12 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Robbie is good at deep passes but not at anything else. He's not physical enough. He's way too frail. When he catches anything that's not a. Deep pass near the sideline. I fear he will be out muscled for the catch and if he does catch it. They will rip the pass out of his hands.

Did you watch Juju last night? Washington? The Steelers are consistently drafting stud WRs & from Idzik (in 1 of the best WR drafts in history through 5 years of Macc) have missed on EVERYBODY. Even though we need Oline we have to find some stud skill players like Jeudy. Sign Amari Cooper if Dallas can't, use every other asset to protect Sam & get him some weapons.

The 11 first round picks after Revis are now all off the team and none have come close to completing a 2nd contract - Only Chez and Mo were offered and signed a second contract, both contracts ended badly for the Jets with a ton of dead cap space...

Three FO regimes involved - each worse than the next

only 1 second round pick remains - and Maye has spent more time on IR than the field

coaching plays a big part so the plan should be player development

• Upvote 1

Sioooooi tired of the Thin Man fan Boyz.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A panicked dude called Francesa yesterday and said that Gase was going to intentionally ruin Darnold so Gase could hold onto his job longer and that was truly a galaxy brain take.

Gase isn't going to intentionally ruin Darnold to hold onto his job a little longer. He's going to sit back and let Darnold bust on merit to hold onto his job a lot longer.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The 11 first round picks after Revis are now all off the team and none have come close to completing a 2nd contract - Only Chez and Mo were offered and signed a second contract, both contracts ended badly for the Jets with a ton of dead cap space...

Three FO regimes involved - each worse than the next

only 1 second round pick remains - and Maye has spent more time on IR than the field

coaching plays a big part so the plan should be player development

What’s the common denominator?

Johnson. 

• Upvote 2

Leo trade was good.  He lacked killer instinct.  Always smiling and waving his hair around almost Gastineau like.  Robby I would keep.  The finger tip catch he made when he was called for the bogus offensive pass interference was a thing of beauty.  Plus he is the only diamond in the rough the Jets actually got right recently.  If Gase can't utilize Robby's talent then  Gase is  really just sad from a coaching standpoint.  I know for a fact Robby will light it up for a team with a tenured quarterback.  

• Upvote 1

Leo doesn't suck and was only traded b/c of the depth of talent at D-line, plethora of needs elsewhere and b/c he is hitting FA and would not be re-signed for the kind of money he would be asking for. Plain and simple. It's not b/c we drafted a bust (despite the fact that leo underperformed for his draft position) and its not b/c he 'sucks' and its not b/c of some master plan by Gase to tank. Its about getting value for a player who is hitting FA and will not be a part of the teams future. 

2 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

I agree..

in fact, Darnold's first INT last week was because Robby got muscled out.  At the time Sam threw the ball - Robby had position and it was a good throw. 

With that said, Having a deep threat like him is valuable none-the-less.   IMO substantially more valuable than Leo.  

The only point I was making was trading Robby for a 3rd isn't good enough.  What are the odds we'll find a WR in the 3rd that will have more impact than Robby?  Not very.

21 hours ago, kmnj said:

get rid of anybody with  talent or a name so he can say hey I was 1-15 but look who I was working with. No Leo No Robby(you know he is next) Sam was sick. My dog at my homework. We will be stuck with this clown for another two years too. A guy that should NEVER have been hired

Jets some how think it is good to draft guys in the first round and then trade them for much lower picks and some how that is value? We cant hit on our first rounds but some how we will hit on later picks lol so jet like

one the other hand just how many current jet players could actually make an impact on another team?  not many.  5? 6?  that's not many. it's too bad for the players that will be cut or traded but at the end of the day it's all about improving the team that on the field.  i know i had some hope because they upgraded 4 positions in free agency and that should've gotten them to respectability.  but one of those guys is injured one was released and the other two are being stifled because the oline is playing poorly, or are injured.

2 hours ago, NamathToCaster said:

Leo trade was good.  He lacked killer instinct.  Always smiling and waving his hair around almost Gastineau like.  Robby I would keep.  The finger tip catch he made when he was called for the bogus offensive pass interference was a thing of beauty.  Plus he is the only diamond in the rough the Jets actually got right recently.  If Gase can't utilize Robby's talent then  Gase is  really just sad from a coaching standpoint.  I know for a fact Robby will light it up for a team with a tenured quarterback.  

In my opinion. Robby would be a deadly weapon if combine with a true #1. I heard from all sides how he struggles to get open or how he is too thin, or not tough enough. He is a lethal deep threat and those with real pass catching abilities are not easy to find.  A real O-Line, A Real #1 and Robby is golden. I would not like to see him traded to be perfectly honest. 

23 hours ago, kmnj said:

..ugghhhh, there is NO plan   :ahhh: