Grade the Leo Williams Trade

What Grade to you give Douglas for the Leo Trade  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What Grade to you give Douglas for the Leo Trade

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2019 at 10:23 PM

21 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It currently doesn’t help the team and I don’t know who they’re going to draft with the picks so it’s impossible to grade.
If they get a pro bowler with one of the picks it would be an A if they get 2 guys who never see the field it would be an F and in between depending on how good the players drafted are. 

Well no. If they had no intention of re-signing Leo, which I think was the case considering the money he will want, then you want to get something more than a potential comp pick for a player who wont be on your team anyway. I think getting a 3rd and a 5th from a team that is 2-6 right now is pretty good. Furthermore, you add the fact that the Jets D-line has looked pretty good with contributions from depth guys like Fatukasi and Phillips. And Quinnen, H.Anderson and McLendon can step right in and fill Leo's position as starter...you really don;t even have to consider how the draft picks turn out. It was a good trade IF the Jets had no intention of keeping Leo.    

5 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

So we trade players for more draft picks? 

Yes, because the only way to win is to build through the draft.  If Joe Douglas sucks at drafting we're screwed regardless.  

What's the alternative?  Trading all our picks away for other teams' castoffs?  Relying on overpaying in free agency?

23 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well no. If they had no intention of re-signing Leo, which I think was the case considering the money he will want, then you want to get something more than a potential comp pick for a player who wont be on your team anyway. I think getting a 3rd and a 5th from a team that is 2-6 right now is pretty good. Furthermore, you add the fact that the Jets D-line has looked pretty good with contributions from depth guys like Fatukasi and Phillips. And Quinnen, H.Anderson and McLendon can step right in and fill Leo's position as starter...you really don;t even have to consider how the draft picks turn out. It was a good trade IF the Jets had no intention of keeping Leo.    

Very good. You get a sticker 

DD5F03FF-AC60-4643-9F33-DD9CB738012A.jpeg

20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Really?  Leo is a half year rental for a team that won’t finish .500

Not sure why they did this deal really

So your saying the Jets got a better deal with a 3rd round pick on a starting DLineman?   3rd round pick that will be a borderline starter if they're lucky .