Bart just had the line of the year on WFAN

10 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry

I know...I felt like Rene Russo in the scene at the end of Tin Cup, when Roy keeps putting balls into the water trying to drive the green. She goes from concern, to just laughing at the hopelessness of the situation.?

23 minutes ago, section314 said:

Maggie got him going on the Jets drafts. He went back, through the years, and he gets to 2008. He stops, and says, " I wasn't even on the team then, but I know Vernon Gholston. He's from my hood. I wouldn't have picked him, his momma wouldn't have picked him." You didn't hear Maggie for about 30 seconds, she was laughing so hard. Good stuff.

Should have consulted Momma prior to the draft 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

If I was JD and was offered two first rounders for Adams, I'd be really tempted to pull the trigger.

For 2 1st rounders he'd be crazy not to in my opinion. 

Giving up two first round picks for a safety would be a horrible move for another GM to make in my opinion. It's just not the type of position you give up that type of draft capital for.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Team hasnt drafted a first round O linemen since Brick and Mangold, that was 06?

When was Santana, that was their last first round WR, 03?

Anyone asks why the Jets franchise is where its at, those are the reasons.

I think Sanchez, Geno and Hack busting are bigger reasons but for sure the complete ignoring of the oline was malfeasance 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

If I was drafting for the Jets since this this time frame, there wouldnt be a room in Florham Park large enough to store the amount of trophies we'd have collected between IO/DROY, MVP, O/DPOR, AFC East championships, AFC champions and Super Bowls. 

? But, would you have drafted Pete Alonzo?

Just now, JiF said:

If I was drafting for the Jets since this this time frame, there wouldnt be a room in Florham Park large enough to store the amount of trophies we'd have collected between IO/DROY, MVP, O/DPOR, AFC East championships, AFC champions and Super Bowls. 

In this fantasy world of yours are you able to surf without covering up your doughy abdomen?

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think Sanchez, Geno and Hack busting are bigger reasons but for sure the complete ignoring of the oline was malfeasance 

At least they tried to find a QB.

What possible reasons do they have for ignoring Oline, WR, and outside of Gholston (yikes) rush LB?

Conceptually it is way worse than striking out on QB's. To just IGNORE these areas. Franchise has no clue.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

We were ignoring the line to the point of malfeasance when the one we had was still great. Smith and Hackenberg busting is whatever. Quarterbacks generally shouldn't be drafted between roughly 15 and 100 absent some specific compelling reason.

TWO 1st rounders for a SAFETY? NEVER., EVER HAPPEN! He missed a sack that turned into TD, had 2 PFs for 30 yards, he dropped a pick that fell right into his hands! Oh, by the way, all of this happened YESTERDAY! 

I like Jamal Adams, Jamal is no Ed Reed. He's not even Earl Thomas. We had a good defense with Jim Leaonard playing safety. Oh, and the best safety in the AFC East is Devin McCourty. 

• Upvote 1