Who was most vocal ant-Gase person here?

Dcronin

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nobody “wanted” Gase. He came in late out of left field after the Browns passed on him and Manning made an eleventh-hour phone call. The alternative was Matt Rhule, whom Maccagnan tried to bully, and McCarthy, who was worthless when Rodgers missed a game. Both options would have ensured the continued employment of Mike Maccagnan as Jets GM, which was obviously the worst case scenario. If Gase doesn’t win another game, it was a good hire simply because he saved us from another three years of Maccagnan. Keep your eyes on the prize, dummies.

Like Favre ending the years of Pennington torture...

Every conceivable way to fu*k up the rebuild the Jets went out of their way to do it. Letting Macagnan draft busts round 1 3 and 4. Blowing 100 mil in FA on positions that weren't nearly as important to Sam's development as O line. Neglecting the offensive line completely. Firing the GM after completley sh*tting the bed on the offseason. Blowing the coaching hire. Just royally fu*king everything. The only person anyone should give a damn about on this roster is Darnold because when he has a functional offensive line he has shown how talented he can be. Shame our old GM wasnt intelligent enough to figure it out and our owner didnt get rid of him sooner.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

When you don't let the General Manager hire the Head Coach it becomes harder to point the blame at one person. The Jets should fire Gase and let Douglas pick HIS HEAD COACH. Then it's on those two to fix things.

The Jets love trying to force partnerships. Rex and Idzik, Macc and Bowles, than Macc and Gase for a little while, and now Gase and JD. 

Why not just let the General Manager control the roster and pick his Head Coach? I think it's time to go back to that way. 

Always a half measure from the Johnsons. This mess starts at the top first and foremost 

• Upvote 1

I might've disliked Gase the most as a person (and I didn't like the hire) but I was still hoping he'd be good as a HC.  And, even though the early returns are horrible, he at least deserves the season to see if he can show us anything.  I will say that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with Mike McCarthy (to the point that I would've taken Gase over McCarthy).  

I can at least say this about Gase:  I feel confident that he's better than Freddie Kitchens!

The rule is consider if the Dolphins would’ve done what Jets just did how would you react? We would’ve laughed uncontrollably if Fins hired one of our fired coaches. That’s all one needed to know in order to realize any optimism was not objective.

We have a bad bad coach that gets too many  years on bowles.  The owner fires him.  The gm is as bad if not worse than the coach and yet is retained by the owner.  They interview many coaching candidates and some good ones show interest. 

The owner (and presumably the gm) tell the candidates they must bring in coaches they do not want, thus eliminating the best candidates. 

The owner now goes down his list if coaches and low and behold gets a call from a high profile former player and basically on his word hires a poor coach with a poor track record.  It is not long that the new lousy coach is fully aware something that the owner is not aware of, the gm is awful.

The GM is fired but only after making one last awful set of decisions that will handcuff the team for a few years.

The lousy coach seems to have a huge say in the new gm who may or may not be any good but is a pal and thus cements the coaches life line with the team.

The owner gets talked once again into the new 'plan'

The current owners / CEOs do not have to sell this team, they just have to hire a high  level savvy guy who will not be bullsh*tted and stay out of his way.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We have a bad bad coach that gets too many  years on bowles.  The owner fires him.  The gm is as bad if not worse than the coach and yet is retained by the owner.  They interview many coaching candidates and some good ones show interest. 

The owner (and presumably the gm) tell the candidates they must bring in coaches they do not want, thus eliminating the best candidates. 

The owner now goes down his list if coaches and low and behold gets a call from a high profile former player and basically on his word hires a poor coach with a poor track record.  It is not long that the new lousy coach is fully aware something that the owner is not aware of, the gm is awful.

The GM is fired but only after making one last awful set of decisions that will handcuff the team for a few years.

The lousy coach seems to have a huge say in the new gm who may or may not be any good but is a pal and thus cements the coaches life line with the team.

The owner gets talked once again into the new 'plan'

The current owners / CEOs do not have to sell this team, they just have to hire a high  level savvy guy who will not be bullsh*tted and stay out of his way.

"CJ the Alpha" needs to hire a legit football guy as team president to handle the football decisions.  Then can go to the golf course (or whatever he likes to do as long as it doesn't involve ruining the franchise) and stay there until the team has success (at which point he can show his face and take credit for everything)

• Upvote 1