Redskins NOW open to trade LT Williams

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Jamal and picks.  Make it happen, Tanny

Absolutely not. I agree with the notion of trading Adams to accelerate the OL rebuild but there's no way in hell I'm trading a t5 safety AND picks for a 31yr old LT who hasn't played a game this year and has some injury history. Already went down that road with Osemele

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Give them the 3rd we just got for Leo.

Paves the way for us to solve the LT position for the next 3 years, use our 1st rounder on a receiver like Jeudy/Lamb/Higgins, and we still have our 2nd-6th round picks and roughly $50 million in FA to further address the OL and other areas.

The 3rd we got for Leo ain’t enough the 49ers are offering a 2nd plus more but the skins don’t like Kyle Shanahan

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

The 3rd we got for Leo ain’t enough the 49ers are offering a 2nd plus more but the skins don’t like Kyle Shanahan

Then screw him 

Williams is still one of the top LT’s in the league, but he’s on the wrong side of 30 and has an injury history.

If they won’t bite on a 3rd then we’ll just have to concentrate on guys like Thomas/Wirfs/Little in the draft.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Then screw him 

Williams is still one of the top LT’s in the league, but he’s on the wrong side of 30 and has an injury history.

If they won’t bite on a 3rd then we’ll just have to concentrate on guys like Thomas/Wirfs/Little in the draft.

LTs can play well into their 30’s look at Andrew Whitworth he’s 38

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why?  You don’t want to upgrade at a actual position of value?

Value, they would need to give up more for Adams it is all perception. Adams young healthy pro bowler versus older broken down tackle he has an injury history. So he could retire in 3 yrs where as Adams can play for another 10 yrs. so there needs to be more involved to get the Jets to bite

• Post of the Week 1

I could go either way on this.  On one hand, there's only about 15, maybe 20, LT's in the league at a given time that can do the job effectively.  We cannot, under any circumstances, send Chuma Edoga out to play LT again this season.  

On the other hand, he's 31 and could easily Osemele us.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, rammagen said:

Value, they would need to give up more for Adams it is all perception. Adams young healthy pro bowler versus older broken down tackle he has an injury history. So he could retire in 3 yrs where as Adams can play for another 10 yrs. so there needs to be more involved to get the Jets to bite

You guys overrate Adams hard

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I could go either way on this.  On one hand, there's only about 15, maybe 20, LT's in the league at a given time that can do the job effectively.  We cannot, under any circumstances, send Chuma Edoga out to play LT again this season.  

1. He doesn’t have Osemele’s injury problems

2. He’s way better than Osemele ever was

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Especially since it’s the league’s worst kept secret that the jets are the last money train stop before retirementville

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Great talent but at 31 years old he's probably best suited for a "win now" team.

Also could be a free agent soon and could be had without giving up picks maybe.

Not sure if he's a fit for the Jets who are in "back up the truck" mode.

This.  Not sure how many years he has left playing at a high level but here are some thoughts...

1. He'd be expensive but a Jets draft pick looks better than most other teams.....meaning maybe it gets done for something like a 2nd this year and a future high pick.

2. Getting a LT now is an immediate help to Darnold.

3. Getting a LT now takes the need off the list for the 2020 Draft allowing WR, Center, OG to get prioritized.

4. This mofo would be expensive....not sure if more or less than Leo would have cost, but possibly more.

I'd be onboard for a move like this but I'd really hope Adams isn't part of the deal unless the Redskins send a pick back to the Jets.  I'm also less hesitant to trade Adams because of Mosley's injury situation, and now the Leo trade.  We would have essentially all the top defensive talent on the team gone in a matter of 48 hours.  Not good, and there would be a serious leadership vacuum other than McClendon on the D.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

LTs can play well into their 30’s look at Andrew Whitworth he’s 38

Yeah, so is Jason Peters.

But those are two rare examples.

We can’t just assume that Williams is going to play until he’s on the verge of 40.

He’s a damn good player and I’d love to have him, but he’ll also be 32 next year and hasn’t played a full 16 game season since 2013.

For a 3rd? Absolutely 

Anything more than that, look towards the draft.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1. He doesn’t have Osemele’s injury problems

2. He’s way better than Osemele ever was

Um, he played two more games than Osemele last year.  He hasn't played 16 since 2013.  He is hurt all the time, though he does play at a high level.  He also has substance abuse suspensions in 2012 and 2016.

• Upvote 1