Redskins NOW open to trade LT Williams

10 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

As much as Trent Williams would help us out the Jets are sellers not buyers at the moment. Meaning any trade we make we should be looking to acquire picks not give them up for a player 

We are looking to acquire picks to add much needed talent. The biggest area of need is offensive line and probably left tackle. So we should 100% be active in trying to upgrade the oline whether it be through the draft or trade.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We are looking to acquire picks to add much needed talent. The biggest area of need is offensive line and probably left tackle. So we should 100% be active in trying to upgrade the oline whether it be through the draft or trade.

The Rams signed an older but capably Andrew Whitworth to protect Goff.  He may not be perfect but took them to the Super Bowl last year.  

Whitworth cost them money, not a draft pick.

The Jets need to protect Darnold. That is the only position group I am buying now.  Trent Williams could work, but trading for him with the Redskins could be frustrating.  He should free up.  

• Upvote 2

Give them the 3rd we just got for Leo.
Paves the way for us to solve the LT position for the next 3 years, use our 1st rounder on a receiver like Jeudy/Lamb/Higgins, and we still have our 2nd-6th round picks and roughly $50 million in FA to further address the OL and other areas.
Or we can use our first round pick on a left tackle solving the position hopefully for the next decade plus and let darnold make his weapons instead of letting the weapons make the qb?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Even if he only lasts 3 years, it's worth it. We're in dangerous terrority risking Darnold injury and/or permanent happy feet. Protect him at all costs, or be prepared to start that QB search back to square one.
We can always sit darnold for the year and let him learn from the bench. I am sure this is an unpopular opinion but there is some value in learning from the sidelines. Gotta be more value in that than letting him get slaughtered over and over again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

If we were able to flip the third we got for Leonard Williams or Trent Williams than I'd consider it but a contender is going to throw a much higher pick at the Redskins for him. If you are New England then why not just give your first rounder for him?

If the Pat's give a #1 for Trent, BB is also retiring and the fire sale has begun.

• Upvote 1

Well the guys a player but he is on the wrong side of 30. No more OL guys that are used up and heading for the breakdown lane. It's the time to trade away guys not add more dead weight. Jets aren't going anywhere this year. Time to get what you can and build for next year.

• Upvote 2

I was on this train B4 the season started, then I got to watch this sorry azz team & the holes everywhere. Signing a guy that's going to be 32 that hasn't finished a full season in years is asinine. 2 year rebuild with 2nd half of next season upswing. Draft Andrews if we're can, sign Scherff, move up to draft Biadasz, sign Amari Cooper if Dallas can't, draft a WR stud with our High 2. 

sh*t, the dude's 31? I didn't realize he was that old. And he hasn't played a full season since 2013.

I'm not sure how he grades out when he actually plays as I don't have access to PFF or anything like that.

Seeing as Nick Mangold retired when he was, what, 32, and D'Brickashaw retired a year younger than that, I think, and Trent is already 31 and can't stay healthy?

Hard pass for me; unless we get him for a bag of balls.

6 hours ago, varjet said:

The Rams signed an older but capably Andrew Whitworth to protect Goff.  He may not be perfect but took them to the Super Bowl last year.  

Whitworth cost them money, not a draft pick.

The Jets need to protect Darnold. That is the only position group I am buying now.  Trent Williams could work, but trading for him with the Redskins could be frustrating.  He should free up.  

4 years ago we passed on Whitworth because he was 34

That really worked out well

I can go both ways on this.

For the RIGHT price (3rd rd DP or lower) I could see doing this to help Sam this year, AND be around next year AFTER we draft our long-term answer at LT to both mentor the pick and perhaps hold the fort til they're ready to assume full time duty.

But I would not trade a 1st or 2nd rd DP on this team right now for TW...there are plenty of other teams that will do that to assist in this yrs playoff race.

So, it ain't gonna happen anyway.

10 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

As much as Trent Williams would help us out the Jets are sellers not buyers at the moment. Meaning any trade we make we should be looking to acquire picks not give them up for a player 

The Jets should only be looking at  adding young players that can be difference makers.  ( that will be around when Jets are ready to win). Trent Williams makes zero sense for the Jets now.    ( lost season)

Can’t get that kind of young player, than they should be sellers.   Trading players who might have value , but your organization doesn’t  see the player in their teams long term plans.