Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
T0mShane

Wild Mangini tidbit from Francesa that made me puke

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa has been on a pro-Mangini kick the last few days, which usually means someone from the Mangini camp is in Mike’s ear. Anyway, Mike shared something I’d never heard regarding why Mangini was fired after 9-7. Ready to puke? Here it is:::

 

Woody Johnson was upset that Vernon Gholston wasn’t playing more and Mangini told Woody to take a hike. 
 

Like, holy sh*t. Woody Johnson caping for Vernon f*cking Gholston and then Woody getting butthurt that Mangini wouldn’t relent on giving him playing time. Imagine that.

Yeah that made me sick as well.  The team's collapse was not Mangini's fault either, it was injuries to Brett and Jenkins.   Hopefully Woody ends up staying in London for good and Chris is less of a meddler,

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, batman10023 said:

does Mangini have a "camp"?

Think of the movie Meatballs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Then you put in your QB Clemens who you drafted in 06 are you saying the great Mangini didn't develop him?? 

Mangini TRIED Clemens in 2007 when Chad got hurt and we all saw the results.  Mangini came in and KNEW Chad was not the answer and played Clemens even when Chad was healthy as well.   I remember vividly.  Look, I get your point but Mangini had the team humming and I fully did NOT understand his firing.   We have not drafted as well since and I would say Rex won with Mangini guys. Rex's true 1st draft we drafted Vlad, Wilson etc.  Im convinced than Tanny was a pussy boy who cowed down to the coached for drafting. He was a numbers and cap guy.  He let Favre out of his contract....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Mangini TRIED Clemens in 2007 when Chad got hurt and we all saw the results.  Mangini came in and KNEW Chad was not the answer and played Clemens even when Chad was healthy as well.   I remember vividly.  Look, I get your point but Mangini had the team humming and I fully did NOT understand his firing.   We have not drafted as well since and I would say Rex won with Mangini guys. Rex's true 1st draft we drafted Vlad, Wilson etc.  Im convinced than Tanny was a pussy boy who cowed down to the coached for drafting. He was a numbers and cap guy.  He let Favre out of his contract....

Yet the QB he knew wasn't the answer took a 1-15 Fin team to win the East..You think Rex was bad I think Mangini was worse. At least under Rex they had a top D and the top rushing team Oh and won some playoff games..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Yet the QB he knew wasn't the answer took a 1-15 Fin team to win the East..You think Rex was bad I think Mangini was worse. At least under Rex they had a top D and the top rushing team Oh and won some playoff games..

Fair enough..  I simply think Mangini was yanked without having the runway to build the team.  Without Mangini, REX is a footnote.  He is a bad coach when left to his own.  Once he established his presence, the team deteriorates.  Bills defense got worse under Rex. BUT your points are fair. Oh..  remember the playoff game against the Ravens?  yeah that one, Chad's 4 picks?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there is truth to Woody and Chris meddling stories.  But I am generally a conspiracy theorist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa has been on a pro-Mangini kick the last few days, which usually means someone from the Mangini camp is in Mike’s ear. Anyway, Mike shared something I’d never heard regarding why Mangini was fired after 9-7. Ready to puke? Here it is:::

 

Woody Johnson was upset that Vernon Gholston wasn’t playing more and Mangini told Woody to take a hike. 
 

Like, holy sh*t. Woody Johnson caping for Vernon f*cking Gholston and then Woody getting butthurt that Mangini wouldn’t relent on giving him playing time. Imagine that.

I mean, I was upset VG wasn’t playing more too... Woody is giving him 10s of millions of dollars, at the very least he’s got a right to be upset.  Clearly he didn’t force VG onto the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You also hated Parcells so it’s clear your taste in coaches is compromised 

I hate Parcells, but he is not a stiff. Just a douchebag.  Parcells is a quality coach, but he is a fat carpetbagger, that was never going to stay and finish the job here.  I hate Belichick and Don Shula too.  Do you like them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I hate Parcells, but he is not a stiff. Just a douchebag.  Parcells is a quality coach, but he is a fat carpetbagger, that was never going to stay and finish the job here.  I hate Belichick and Don Shula too.  Do you like them?

You know me, Dom. I value excellence above all else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look hatred is like a fine wine. Every man and woman has their inalienable right to hate. If not in the Constitution it should be. So I always respect it even when I disagree with it.🥺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa has been on a pro-Mangini kick the last few days, which usually means someone from the Mangini camp is in Mike’s ear. Anyway, Mike shared something I’d never heard regarding why Mangini was fired after 9-7. Ready to puke? Here it is:::

 

Woody Johnson was upset that Vernon Gholston wasn’t playing more and Mangini told Woody to take a hike. 
 

Like, holy sh*t. Woody Johnson caping for Vernon f*cking Gholston and then Woody getting butthurt that Mangini wouldn’t relent on giving him playing time. Imagine that.

I doubt that, they went all in with a future HOF QB and the team tanked down the stretch.  That's why he was fired, he then went on to fail in Cleveland.  I didn't want to fire him at the time but if we didn't there's no way we see those championship games and while we lost at least we had a chance to compete for a super bowl trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Which makes it hard to believe Gholston would make it through an interview with Mangini. Hell, Parcells was as good as anyone at identifying edge rushers and he passed on Gholston to take Jake Long

Are you ******* insane?  This is the man that dumped Hugh Douglas and swore that Dorian Boose was the answer to all of our pass rush needs.  George Young got him LT and he didn't **** it up.  That qualifies him as an expert?  He was a truly horrific personnel guy that overpaid all his buddies for years after he left.  

2 hours ago, deucebag said:

Yeah that made me sick as well.  The team's collapse was not Mangini's fault either, it was injuries to Brett and Jenkins.   Hopefully Woody ends up staying in London for good and Chris is less of a meddler,

Wah!  Wah!  Brett Favre got hurt!  Kris Jenkins got hurt!  Who could be expected to win a game?  They both played 16 ******* games in 2008. In 2009 Brett Favre was on the Vikings and Kris Jenkins played in 6 games.  The Jets defense was #1 in points and #1 in yards.  

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know me, Dom. I value excellence above all else.

If there is one thing that Eric Mangini's tenure in the NFL screams it is excellence!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Mangini TRIED Clemens in 2007 when Chad got hurt and we all saw the results.  Mangini came in and KNEW Chad was not the answer and played Clemens even when Chad was healthy as well.   I remember vividly.  Look, I get your point but Mangini had the team humming and I fully did NOT understand his firing.   We have not drafted as well since and I would say Rex won with Mangini guys. Rex's true 1st draft we drafted Vlad, Wilson etc.  Im convinced than Tanny was a pussy boy who cowed down to the coached for drafting. He was a numbers and cap guy.  He let Favre out of his contract....

This is just wrong on so many levels.  Mangini all-out committed to the noodle after an incredibly mediocre 2006 season.  Literally the one and only player he ever gave an exception to his "everyone has to compete" rule, so he certainly didn't know a damn thing about him not being the answer.  I will give him credit that he did eventually make the switch once the 2007 season was lost, but it was too little too late by then.  Besides, the excuse for not going back to Clemens in 2008 doesn't hold much water once you consider that Clemens went 3-4 with the same team that Chad went 1-8 with (and later 1-0 for the 2009 team).  None of this to say Clemens was actually good, but let's not pretend like there wasn't a viable backup available.  There's just way too much excuse-making for why Mangini isn't bad as all evidence shows him to be, for no other reason than because we had less time to grow to hate him than those around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Are you ******* insane?  This is the man that dumped Hugh Douglas and swore that Dorian Boose was the answer to all of our pass rush needs.  George Young got him LT and he didn't **** it up.  That qualifies him as an expert?  He was a truly horrific personnel guy that overpaid all his buddies for years after he left.  

Wah!  Wah!  Brett Favre got hurt!  Kris Jenkins got hurt!  Who could be expected to win a game?  They both played 16 ******* games in 2008. In 2009 Brett Favre was on the Vikings and Kris Jenkins played in 6 games.  The Jets defense was #1 in points and #1 in yards.  

If there is one thing that Eric Mangini's tenure in the NFL screams it is excellence!

Mangini's supposed "expertise" was defense, and with Revis were 29th in the league in passing D in 2008.  They were #1 the following year.  So much excellence!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Eric could just be being blackballed in the NFL because of Belichick. There were rumors he was fired as 49ers DC by Chip Kelly who is a friend of Belichick. He hasn’t worked in the NFL since. 

Mangini is blackballed because he sucked.

 

Mangini was an nfl head coach for 5 years he made the playoffs one time and it was because his team had the easiest schedule ever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa has been on a pro-Mangini kick the last few days, which usually means someone from the Mangini camp is in Mike’s ear. Anyway, Mike shared something I’d never heard regarding why Mangini was fired after 9-7. Ready to puke? Here it is:::

 

Woody Johnson was upset that Vernon Gholston wasn’t playing more and Mangini told Woody to take a hike. 
 

Like, holy sh*t. Woody Johnson caping for Vernon f*cking Gholston and then Woody getting butthurt that Mangini wouldn’t relent on giving him playing time. Imagine that.

Looking back at this, damn Mangini should have never been fired. Really sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Mangini's supposed "expertise" was defense, and with Revis were 29th in the league in passing D in 2008.  They were #1 the following year.  So much excellence!

Mangini’s defensive playcalling was ultraconservative

 

He would go into the quarters preven for Matt friggin Cassell.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Mangini's supposed "expertise" was defense, and with Revis were 29th in the league in passing D in 2008.  They were #1 the following year.  So much excellence!

18th in DVOA. And Revis's 2009 season was a 3 sigma outlier. It's like calling Belichick an idiot because he couldn't reproduce 2007.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding claims of Mangini's make believe GM'ing being responsible for the team's success after he was sh*t-canned, let's just do a quick rundown of the new starters that made up the Jets' 2010 roster:

1 new QB (Sanchez)
2 new RBs (Tomlinson, Greene)
2 new WRs (Edwards, Holmes)
1 new OG (Slauson)
1 new LB (Scott)
1 new CB (Cromartie)
2 new S (Leonhard, Pool)

That's not to mention, there were another 5 that were holdovers from the Bradway/Herm era (Pouha, Ellis, Thomas, Moore, Cotchery).

But by all means, let's talk more about how he's solely responsible for a job that wasn't even his and a roster full of players brought in when he wasn't here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

18th in DVOA. And Revis's 2009 season was a 3 sigma outlier. It's like calling Belichick an idiot because he couldn't reproduce 2007.

Is your argument that Mangini was in any way a good defensive coach at any point in his NFL career?

Oh, and I completely agree with you on the outlier of Revis' 2009 season, but it's certainly worth noting when one of the greatest supposed Mangini achievements according to some is dependent on crediting him for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Is your argument that Mangini was in any way a good defensive coach at any point in his NFL career?

Oh, and I completely agree with you on the outlier of Revis' 2009 season, but it's certainly worth noting when one of the greatest supposed Mangini achievements according to some is dependent on crediting him for that.

Mangini had a plan and a process. Drafted relatively well. It's a low bar, but that's where we're at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Francesa has been on a pro-Mangini kick the last few days, which usually means someone from the Mangini camp is in Mike’s ear. Anyway, Mike shared something I’d never heard regarding why Mangini was fired after 9-7. Ready to puke? Here it is:::

 

Woody Johnson was upset that Vernon Gholston wasn’t playing more and Mangini told Woody to take a hike. 
 

Like, holy sh*t. Woody Johnson caping for Vernon f*cking Gholston and then Woody getting butthurt that Mangini wouldn’t relent on giving him playing time. Imagine that.

LOL.  "Mangini camp"

latest?cb=20160720212533

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This is just wrong on so many levels.  Mangini all-out committed to the noodle after an incredibly mediocre 2006 season.  Literally the one and only player he ever gave an exception to his "everyone has to compete" rule, so he certainly didn't know a damn thing about him not being the answer.  I will give him credit that he did eventually make the switch once the 2007 season was lost, but it was too little too late by then.  Besides, the excuse for not going back to Clemens in 2008 doesn't hold much water once you consider that Clemens went 3-4 with the same team that Chad went 1-8 with (and later 1-0 for the 2009 team).  None of this to say Clemens was actually good, but let's not pretend like there wasn't a viable backup available.  There's just way too much excuse-making for why Mangini isn't bad as all evidence shows him to be, for no other reason than because we had less time to grow to hate him than those around him.

Understood.. like REX, the record shows he is not good BUT I believe he wasn't given a fair shake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Screenshot_20191029-105022.png

Screenshot_20191029-104932.png

I remember thinking along the same lines at the time. Was never in favor of Favre and thought it was a horrible fit for the team and Mangini. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Is your argument that Mangini was in any way a good defensive coach at any point in his NFL career?

Oh, and I completely agree with you on the outlier of Revis' 2009 season, but it's certainly worth noting when one of the greatest supposed Mangini achievements according to some is dependent on crediting him for that.

My argument is that the Jets were not 29th in pass defense in 2008.

And yes, Mangini gets some of the credit for 2009 (there's plenty to go around) for having drafted Revis at 14 in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Da 3 year old fillies is fastah den da 4 year fillies 

What ever does the guy have against pronouncing the letter "R"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Screenshot_20191029-105022.png

Screenshot_20191029-104932.png

Doesnt jive with naming his son after Favre. He got  on board enthisiastically at some point 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Does jive with naming his son after Favre. He got  on board enthisiastically at some point 

Because it's a bullsh*t claim made years later to be used as an excuse with literally no evidence in existence that in any way supports it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Does jive with naming his son after Favre. He got  on board enthisiastically at some point 

Evidently the Jets aren't the only ones who never learn sh*t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...