MNF Dolphins-Steelers

Just now, GuitarJet said:

That catch is a textbook example of how a young receiver should compete for a ball and WIN. Robbie Anderson watch that on film and get your $&@? together.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Robby Anderson has a shell shocked qb who is a turnover machine and has no clue whats going on during the game.

Mason Rudolph stands in the pocket, takes hits and delivers the football.

Another young qb who is light years ahead of darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Do you watch the games? He hurt it during the fumble that went out of bounds. He had it taped up and played with it (it’s his left thumb)

Thanks.

I don't get to watch the games at home down here, unless it's a national game like the Dallas one was. I have to go out to a bar to watch.

Believe it or not, there aren't a lot of Jets fans in SC, so a "big" matchup like the Jets-Jaguars game isn't on one of the big screens, its on one of the small ones without sound. I didn't see it happen, and obviously couldn't hear if the announcers talked about it.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Thanks.

I don't get to watch the games at home down here, unless it's a national game like the Dallas one was. I have to go out to a bar to watch.

Believe it or not, there aren't a lot of Jets fans in SC, so a "big" matchup like the Jets-Jaguars game isn't on one of the big screens, its on one of the small ones without sound. I didn't see it happen, and obviously couldn't hear if the announcers talked about it.

How old is your daughter? If she’s in college you can get Sunday ticket on the cheap 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Robby Anderson has a shell shocked qb who is a turnover machine and has no clue whats going on during the game.

You offer such gifted insight. Where would we be without it.

• Upvote 1

True but still watching how JJSS uses his body and strength to win the ball is something you rarely see Anderson do. Bothe need to improve if they are to have a future with the Jets or any NFL team.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, GuitarJet said:

True but still watching how JJSS uses his body and strength to win the ball is something you rarely see Anderson do. Bothe need to improve if they are to have a future with the Jets or any NFL team.

Anderson is a string bean he doesn’t have the size to do that. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Dolphins will crush the Jets, get Gase fired. Sam will be sacked 8 more times and 2 or 3 more picks from the Patriot style defense of Miami. Guaranteed!!!!!!

There’s a very good chance the Jets split with Miami.

That could doom Gase. A team intentionally tanking and using a QB the Jets thought was too old 4 years ago to beat a team that thought it was ascending but is now almost being convinced to tank itself!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Yeah, that’s a blatant tank job.  And now in the third quarter their best defensive player (Xavier Howard) is inexplicably out of the game

Xavier Howard is going to be traded?   A lot of times they take a player out when a deal has been made.  Don’t want an injury to ruin it.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I mean pittsburgh used a full back, two TEs, TE roll outs, roll outs, screens, straight drop backs, deep throws, medium  throws.  Got rid of the ball fast at times. 

This is why I am so down on gase, his offense design and play calling STINKS.

The Steelers Oline took that game over! Once Miami went into that silly walk around strategy the Steelers Oline just came off the ball and anihalated them. You give Pittsburgh our Oline and us theirs this is a season in NY.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

If they start winning, the Dolphins then start to blatantly throw the game.

This is cheating, giving team a Win. They will have to work extra hard to lose to the Jets Sunday. It’s one Win I won’t cheer since they are going to give us the game.

Yeah, if you look real close, the referees psss messages between the teams to tell them the next sequence. It's all coordinated! 

24 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Steelers Oline took that game over! Once Miami went into that silly walk around strategy the Steelers Oline just came off the ball and anihalated them. You give Pittsburgh our Oline and us theirs this is a season in NY.

Fitz also fitz’d it up fumbling and throwing dumb interceptions 

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fitz also fitz’d it up fumbling and throwing dumb interceptions 

Mason Rudolph is throwing to Juju & that stud Washington who is already better & much tougher than Robbie Anderson.

Sam needs his Juju, a guy that attacks the ball, a guy when in one on one you let him go get it! I'd take a combo of Amari Cooper & Jeudy next year, sign Scherff, pick all lineman after that. If Sam had Cooper, Jeudy, Crowder, Herndon, would teams be playing 8 guys on the LOS? 

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I mean pittsburgh used a full back, two TEs, TE roll outs, roll outs, screens, straight drop backs, deep throws, medium  throws.  Got rid of the ball fast at times. 

Apparently you don’t do that in today’s NFL. Passing only 5 wide, single back sets only, etc. 
I still don’t get why Gase doesn’t do something to help the oline protect Darnold and open holes for one of the best RBs in the league. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Apparently you don’t do that in today’s NFL. Passing only 5 wide, single back sets only, etc. 
I still don’t get why Gase doesn’t do something to help the oline protect Darnold and open holes for one of the best RBs in the league. 

We can't RUN BLOCK. They stink! What plays can you run when guys get zero push up front? Belichick knew instantly from watching the film that the Jets have zero personel that can run block. In this NFL because of the athletes on defense, you need guys like Mawae that can block on the move, pull, ect. Our Oline is filled with STIFFS! Just watch their body language after Sam gets hit, over & over. They stand around shaking their heads, they are hopeless. Brian Winters career as a start is OVER, he was never very good, Beachum? Injured all the time, OVER. KO? It was over B4 it started here & he came here injured. Kalil? OVER, the guy will call it a day as soon as the season ends. Shell? You guys have been screaming for Edoga to replace him at RT, but the rookie Edoga is at LT because we have NOBODY! 

Call a spade a spade Jet fans, ignoring the Oline for 8 years has literally ruined this team, put our young QBs health in jeopardy & most likely will get Gase fired. Every team we face has watched the film & attacked and obliterated this horrible Oline. Your looking for answers, in a new offense, with zero continuity, different guys every week, and replacing 1 bad player with another bad player. We've got a decent slot WR, no TE (Griffin is a backup everywhere else), and a 3rd WR at best as our GO TO guy, lol. The roster is a huge clusterf*ck backups. 2/3 would be starters on any good team in this league. 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Totally agree with this assessment. And I think there is a lot more to extrapolate from last nights game when evaluating Sam. 

1.  Not only did Pitts use rollouts and screens but when Miami was running their own version of cover zero, Rudolph had a sequence where he took consecutive shots downfield and then they changed up and had a receiver run a slant which ended up as a TD. Set up deep and then run underneath. Not a complicated concept. 

2.  Getting RBs in space - we have 3 that all can catch.  Nothing else to say. 

3. As far as people thinking Rudolph played well I didn’t really see that. The difference that I saw between Sam and last night was in the first quarter Rudolph did a lot of things people have been killing Sam for - he held the ball too long, threw into traffic, and didn’t make good decisions with the football. The difference - he was actually protected well when he was making  those mistakes. .  Miami was running a somewhat confusing blitz concept but overall Rudolph had some semblance of protection.  He simply doesn’t have a great pocket feel or internal clock. 

Sam on the other hand has been making bad decisions with the ball and and throwing into traffic but he has significantly less time to throw vs what Rudolph had last night. 

Offensive line play isn’t simply good or bad, so when I say Rudolph was protected well in that first quarter, I mean that he had more then 2.5 seconds to get the ball out, it wasn’t multiple complete jail breaks like we have seen. 

Plenty of teams have backups in the game at this point of the season - our line is an abomination, whether the players suck that bad individually or there is something schematically wrong with our play calling and communication (my personal belief) we aren’t even close to giving Sam what Rudolph got last night. And I think if we did he would play better then Rudolph last night. 

• Upvote 1