Johnson “Hopefully the team shows up this week”

kevinc855

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

He has every right to be mad. Spent a ton of money for a complete clown show 

You know not letting the lame duck GM handle 100mil in cap and the 3rd overall pick might have saved us slightly from the clown show. No sympathy towards the Johnsons for their stupidity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

This franchise is right back where it was at the end of 1996, I’m surprised there’s still people who think Gase isn’t gone on black Monday, he clearly is unless something drastically changes the next 9 games ( it won’t ) . We need a complete culture changer like we got back then with Parcells , but that guys probably not out there .

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The horrible rookie, the retired center, or the retired guard?

The Oline is the worst in the league, are Jet fans paying attention? Jet fans the last 5 years, "OMG, Macc has ignored the Oline since he's been here", he signed an average Beachum who has been injured, KO who was disabled, hid his injury & decided, nah, don't really want to play with it, JD tried Kalil because Harrison might be slightly below average, WINTERS STINKS! I've been saying that for 2 years & Shell hasn't developed. How's Edoga doing at LT? You guys crack me up with this "ya gotta put in plays that work", this Oline can't give Le'veon Bell a crease larger than a Butt crack! Did any of you watch the Steelers Oline last night? They make the Jets look like 5 slovenly John Candys. Not 1 Olineman on the Jets would start for another NFL team in this league, not ONE. ALL 5 will be out of football or backups next year sans injury to starters wherever they end up. Sam Darnold had more stains on his uniform than any player on the field Sunday. F*cking disgrace, and Macc will never work again in the NFL. 

I have no idea whether or not Adam Gase can coach? But I know Darnold like every QB to ever play the game going back to the lovable Archie Manning can't win games without a running game & running for their lives. The Jets are the Saints of yesteryear & Joe Douglas needs to save our QB by rebuilding this Oline as quickly as possible. 

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Good. Hopefully he’s embarrassed enough by Gase that we won’t have to sit through this charade for 2-3 years.....

Or not because whether the team is 14-2 or 2-14 the value of the franchise continues to increase year after year ?

It’s impossible for Chrissy and Woody to be embarrassed by anything  

They are both semi-retarded trust fund babies who have lived in a bubble their entire lives

If CJ was only "hopeful" that the team would come to play, he has to blame the HC right? So, fire him. Don't wait. Take the cue from your successful firing of Mac. It is never too soon to fire a guy who is not getting the job done. 

So, fire Gase, make GW the interim HC and elevate this guy to OC.

nr5phdwve8tmpevrfhco.png

• Upvote 1

This comment would be fine if he was actually more visible and spoke to the media.  If Jerry Jones said it then people would just agree with him.   Our circus owner stays out of the spotlight like he's hiding and then gets caught on a video.  Bad look.

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Whether the team shows up or not each week the stadium will be sold out and the Johnson's will be printing money. I don't think he really cares.

This is the only answer. The Johnson's have never cared about winning, never will. The NFL has  created the perfect business model where you print $ every year. Why try to win?

Billionaires care about two things - making money and their ego.  If anything happens to either, they do something about it.  At the moment, Gase has embarrassed this team more than any previous coach over the last two decades.  This will not stand.  Getting a few empty wins against equally sh1tty teams over the next two months will not be enough to mask how putrid a HC Gase is.  He will be 1 and done.   

It's interesting the amount of dehumanization fans levy at our teams owners.  

Personally, I'm glad to see a little frustration at the current situation.  It is frustrating.  It should be frustrating.  It should engender action to fix it by the people at the top (whatever that action may be).

Maintaining the now long-running status quo is unacceptable.  

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If CJ was only "hopeful" that the team would come to play, he has to blame the HC right? So, fire him. Don't wait. Take the cue from your successful firing of Mac. It is never too soon to fire a guy who is not getting the job done. 

So, fire Gase, make GW the interim HC and elevate this guy to OC.

nr5phdwve8tmpevrfhco.png

Is that Jim Bob?

28 minutes ago, prime21 said:

This comment would be fine if he was actually more visible and spoke to the media.  If Jerry Jones said it then people would just agree with him.   Our circus owner stays out of the spotlight like he's hiding and then gets caught on a video.  Bad look.

Christopher Johnson is NOT the owner of the team.  The owner of the Jets is on extended vacation in the UK.  CJ is house sitting.  

Blaming Christopher Johnson for how the Jets are being run is like blaming Ronald McDonald when you get a bad Big Mac.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

The thesis for hiring Gase as HC, after Rhule did not like the micro-managing and McCarthy was too flawed and expensive, was that Gase:

• Had a decent reputation as an OC and quarterback whisperer.
  • Came highly recommended by Peyton who basically did not need a coach.
  • Made the playoffs one year in Miami and had a good record when Tannelhill was healthy.  He also outcoached Bowles head-to-head.
  • Could not be completely judged on his record because Tannenbaum did not do that well in getting him players.  
  • Had some issues motivating and managing players but those were likely Miami corrupted malcontents and he learned from the experience.  

When taking injuries into account, the talent on this Jets team is just horrid.  It is not fair to judge Gase, Darnold or Bell completely given what he has to work with.  

But what bothers me most is that Gase did not appear to improve as a motivator and leader of men.  I think for that he is likely irredeemable and a permanent OC.   I don’t think he can fix this.   We will have an indication soon enough.  If the Jet players, as individuals, want to help Gase out, they will play their hearts out in Miami, giving whatever ability they have, to win that game.  If you see them dog it you know they have quit on Gase and are trying to hose him.  I predict the latter.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's interesting the amount of dehumanization fans levy at our teams owners.  

Personally, I'm glad to see a little frustration at the current situation.  It is frustrating.  It should be frustrating.  It should engender action to fix it by the people at the top (whatever that action may be).

Maintaining the now long-running status quo is unacceptable.  

I agree with this... I like the CJ is showing frustration. I much rather that then him sticking behind a coach that has shown no ability to lead this team. 

It gives me hope that CJ will do the right thing after the season and fire Gase if necessary. (Only not necessary if they finish 9-7 or better). Beyond a miracle turnaround for the rest of the season I think that Gase may actually be fired.

13 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Christopher Johnson is NOT the owner of the team.  The owner of the Jets is on extended vacation in the UK.  CJ is house sitting.  

Blaming Christopher Johnson for how the Jets are being run is like blaming Ronald McDonald when you get a bad Big Mac.

Actually he owns an equal part as his brother... So, no you are wrong.

• Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Actually, when I hear CJ "gets caught on video", images of him talking to a fan on the sideline are the last thing I expect to see.

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If you think CJ is making decisions I have a bridge I'd like to show you.  I think I can get you a deal on it.  

If you think Woody is still making the decisions you have a lot to learn... Does Chris consult his co-owner... of course... but if Woody was directing this.... the sh*t show would be even worse and I don't think the Jets would have JD... So you can believe whatever you want... The answer is that you are wrong... Chris Johnson co-owns the team.

Upon further reflection and rumination, I actually think CJ's comments were really inappropriate. 

Considering he is a trust fund kid with no real professional or academic training or experience running a major sports franchise, that is not a surprise really.

There are alot of reasons that the Jets are where they are now, and CJ, directly or indirectly, is responsible for most of them.   Yes, Gase can coach better, but he is a flawed character and not the type who is going to push through the extreme adversity he has been dealt, both with the roster he inherited after 2018, the changes that Mac was allowed to make before he was fired (including a terrible draft) and the unprecedented number of injuries to key players.

Something on the order of:  We are not satisfied with how are team is playing and performing, and we are working together with the Front Office and Coaches to bring you a better team as soon as possible would have been better.